391 Valor Neck/Rings

Are these still available?, they are there on Wowhead but apparently not on the actual vendor.

Deleted
    Edit: The poster under me is correct.

And it is to early for me to be replying to threads.
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2011-07-14 at 05:17 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you purchase the 378 item with valor, and then upgrade to 391 via a Crystallized Firestone off heroic bosses. Only the rep ring comes as a 391 to start, but it's not available til Exalted, when you'll likely be half 391 gear anyway.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

They might be like the heroic trash drops from teir 11, in the game files but not obtainable atm.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

I know you need the Firestone for them, but they are not on the vendor.
    Probably only in the game files then, kinda sucks.

They are upgraded via an ember and some sort of process - maybe that firestone thing

But yes - if you look at the vendors in the instance or outside - there are 2 - one basically has all the trash drops and the rep drops that can be upgraded by handing in the original = 1 of these X.

I have only seen one screenshot response from a GM saying that firestones can be 'cast' on the item - and nothing else.

Find an armoury showing one upgraded by right clicking, or I am staying with the understanding that they do not exist, similar to BWD and BoT heroic trash drops :P

People seem a little confused here. Firestones can be used to upgrade some VP gear and trash drops but not all of them. For full list check the vendor: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54402/lurah-wrathvine

Deleted
    A blue poster in the US shaman forums stated that the list of upgradeable items on those vendors is incomplete. He did not say what items are missing. They are looking into the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    *grumbles* The droprate on Firestones seems to be abysmal. 4 bosses killed on heroic (2 last ID, 2 this ID) and nothing. We don't have much to upgrade yet, but still... eventually, people will want to upgrade everything, and what with that stuff not dropping...

Deleted
    maybe they are fixing the firestones drop rate before adding more items to the vendor cuz if your raids is geting almsot none anyway your not missing much.

A gm in game confirmed that all of the trash drops and valor items are up gradable with the firestones, if not on the vendor by Firelands, than by actually USING the firestone on the valor item. The only thing I'd think that isn't upgraded by firestones would be tier pieces, since you need the tokens off of bosses to get those.

Quote Originally Posted by bpolak View Post
    A gm in game confirmed that all of the trash drops and valor items are up gradable with the firestones, if not on the vendor by Firelands, than by actually USING the firestone on the valor item. The only thing I'd think that isn't upgraded by firestones would be tier pieces, since you need the tokens off of bosses to get those.
    The thing is, that doesn't actually seem to be true. That GM said that you "use" the Firestones on the trash drops ect to upgrade them, but Firestones have no /use effect and there's no way to actually use them on the items directly to upgrade them. That's why you need to go to the vendor.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bpolak View Post
    a GM quoting game mechaincs should always be taken with a pinch of salt.
    most believe that gm was wrong but it would make slight sence if the stones that drop are Meant to have a use effect and that they are buged and don't is making their drop rate bug at the same time

Ok, I hope I can clarify the confusion. (ah well, post 15... nobody will read that crap)

The infamous GM-quote is indeed wrong. He stated that you use the firestone on the Valor-stuff. But you can't actually do that.

BUT: There's a DEVELOPER-quote out there, that they're aware of the issue. And they'll be changing it maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.