Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am angry that this never happened too. There's an entire damn ziggurat with nothing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    What happened to achievment points being useful? I remember hearing they wanted to make it so you could buy vanity items with them or we should be rewarded with vanity items for hitting landmarks such as 9k.
    They said they would NEVER make it so achievement points could buy you anything. They've stated that many times in blue posts, I have no idea what you read. They didn't want people to feel obligated to amass points just to buy items, even if it were vanity ones. I do agree that you should get something more than just another achievement for getting the landmark achievement (well, Feat of Strength).

Path of the Titans was scrapped because they didn't like the end product of it and said that if they figured out a better way to implement it that maybe they would.

The flying vehicles in Wintergrasp were scrapped because they were extremely bugged and then they just decided to leave it as ground vehicles only.

OT: Not that this was ever blue posted to my knowledge but where is my Emerald Dream patch/expansion? Been waiting since Vanilla to have it introduced into the game in some physical form.

I want my Dance Studio and I also want the full selection of hairstyles they were going to introduce for this patch. Only a few made it because the other ones "weren't up to the quality they wanted."
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

The long long long oft-promised expansion of the original 16-slot backpack.

On this note, Blizzard is so full of shit that it pours out of every orifice. Last time the issue came up, a blue said "Oh we can't do it because items might be deleted or lost".

Fast forward to the forced removal of the keyring. What happens? "Any keys that won't fit in your bags will remain in an item queue until free space is available and then moved to your bags" ...what the FUCK? Since when has that technology existed and why can't it obviously be used to kick out all items from the original backpack, queue them, let people replace the 16-slot with anything they want, and then poof have items come back from the queue?

Also the promise to give us a way to store old tier sets or items sets/equipment sets. That is by far my biggest space burner. And yes, as someone already mentioned, the tabards issue. Really I think Blizzard must employ morons if they can't find a technical solution to long-term storage. I don't NEED to have on-tap access to every item under the sun, no, so quit pretending the issue so damn complicated.

There are so many ways to solve the storage issue.

a) an account-wide bank, which is accessed separately the same way a guild bank is. No memory issue since you are accessing one or the other but not both. If I can have 6 banking alts each in their own bank guild each with 6 tabs...STORAGE ON THE SERVER SIDE IS NOT A FUCKING TECHNICAL PROBLEM

b) NPC gear vendor. Like Betsy Ross but for old items. There's a lot of really cool or unique or fun items from ZG60 or even old quests (I love the look of the sword from the old demon killing quest--like Damascus steel). Give me an NPC that can look at my quest completed list and give me back any item should I have the sudden urge to stroll around in Defias gear. Then I can delete them from my bank.

c) Fing 1000 stacks dammit. Ammo was stacking to 1000 because it was fuck all irritating to store. But there's still far to many retarded items that stack to only 5 (lock reagants, STILL) or 10 or even 20. Holiday items are also big offenders. Wands and branches that won't stack because they have charges. Just make them single use stacking.

I give Blizz credit for making slow improvements...but really, it bugs the piss out of me how difficult they make shit unnecessarily. 90% of the crap in the game doesn't need to be fucking soulbound. Put a level use requirement on it, done. Maybe soulbind the really good blue items at the end of a long quest chain, but c'mon, some random green +1 agility is soulbound? That's a pointless waste of space to people who try to copy NPC gear sets or RP looks.

Quote Originally Posted by goneloco View Post
    plz find proof, cuz i must reserve myself but im pretty sure they absolutely never promised anything like that.
    they have however commented it several times with something like: player housing is something we have been thinking about but wont do right now.
    My house would be the best.
    Full of disco lights and belf prostitutes, and Thrall would smoking some weed with me in the corner.
    Stop standing in fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Deployed View Post
    Because they felt that Wrath's release needed Storm Peaks and Icecrown, they ran out of time. If you look at the two Nerubian instances, you can see that, potentially, they were cut-aways of the actual zone that the art team had designed.

In the Old Kingdom, before the first boss, you can see mobs in the distance too. Maybe just flavour, but usually, the devs wont put that much physical code work into the background.
    The lone quest giver outside the portal suggests so.

Dance Studio, finding Mankrik's wife...dance studio.

Oh and new Moonkin form/colors, wtf ever happened to that? And they're seriously gonna push through lock female pets first?

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    They said they would NEVER make it so achievement points could buy you anything. They've stated that many times in blue posts, I have no idea what you read. They didn't want people to feel obligated to amass points just to buy items, even if it were vanity ones. I do agree that you should get something more than just another achievement for getting the landmark achievement (well, Feat of Strength).

Path of the Titans was scrapped because they didn't like the end product of it and said that if they figured out a better way to implement it that maybe they would.

The flying vehicles in Wintergrasp were scrapped because they were extremely bugged and then they just decided to leave it as ground vehicles only.

OT: Not that this was ever blue posted to my knowledge but where is my Emerald Dream patch/expansion? Been waiting since Vanilla to have it introduced into the game in some physical form.

I want my Dance Studio and I also want the full selection of hairstyles they were going to introduce for this patch. Only a few made it because the other ones "weren't up to the quality they wanted."
    wtb red phoenix mount for 10.000 achievement points!
    Stop standing in fire...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting on that Dance Studio.... Shit sounds l33t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    The long long long oft-promised expansion of the original 16-slot backpack.
    This, a 1000 times, this.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

What ever happened to the crypt outside of Karazhan thats been there for a long ass time? Its fully textured, and seems to have been for a dungeon or raid at some point, but then cut out. Would love to know if they have plans for it, especially since it did survive the cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Whenever Player housing has been brought up, their response every time has been "yeah, were probably not going to add that in".
    Not true, they were going to add player housing already back in vanilla launch, to be changed into "soon after launch". There is still some housing related stuff in the WoW data stuffs. Only later they have been on about the "Probably not" stuff.

What I am interested of what happened to the dynamic NPC attacks to the cities and towns, along with the whole goblin/gnome racing thing in that salt-lake area in Thousand Needles that's now filled with water. There was supposed to be some sort of faction stuff, siding with goblins and gnomes and then helping your own team to victory through dailies and quests, according to one of the earliel devblogs.

Path of the Titans was removed, along with most 85 stuff because they were rushing to get Cata out. Chopping out features that do not exist yet is the easiest way to go.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    What ever happened to the crypt outside of Karazhan thats been there for a long ass time? Its fully textured, and seems to have been for a dungeon or raid at some point, but then cut out. Would love to know if they have plans for it, especially since it did survive the cataclysm
    They had plans but they we're like

Bob: Yo what if... the parents of the kids REVOLT cause there's bodies hanging everywhere
    Rob: Oh right yeah that's probably a bad idea
    Mike: Alright scrap it

And yeah it goes from there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Where the fuck is my Path of the Titans?
    It's in Dragonblight and I'm afraid I'll have to agree that it's still in very sorry state of repair. About time Blizzard fixed it

Deleted
    So much ignorant and/or mis-informed kiddies in here... It makes me a sad panda...
    It seems these people confuse "I WANT DIS NAO!" with "Something Blizzard said they will release at some point"...

Blizzard never promised you player housing, an emerald dream expansion, upsidedown Karazhan, ponies, achievement point purchases or a Gundrak raid instance.

Also, when did Blizzard announce an aquarium?
    That is the only option mentioned that I never saw anything about until now... :?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So much ignorant and/or mis-informed kiddies in here...

Blizzard never promised you player housing,
    Also, when did Blizzard announce an aquarium?
    Oh the irony.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

WTF happened to the Gundrak raid? oh yea ToC happened......

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Abyssal Maw,
    Variable hit caps for cata,
    >16 slot bags,
    and being able to zone into those dragons of nightmare portals!

Blizzard pulled the whole amazing develpment team that has been on WoW since Vanilla and BC and is making them start developing their new MMO?RPG? "Titan" (or so i've heard thats what its called) supposedly to be released around 2015 (if the world doesnt end before that) and they have been developing this supposed MMO since beginning of WotLK came out, so thats why Naxx and everything since has been super buggy and pretty much felt like shit. Blizzard doesn't really care about WoW anymore, they pretty much HAVE TO finish the storyline though because all of us would rage the fuck out of them if they didnt at least do that, no matter how shitty its going to be (believe me, its gonna suck dick)

Source: A Friend.

abyssal maw aint coming
    they had too much fun making firelands that they decided to scrap maw saying that the vash quest lines and the throne of tides was enough of a storyline end for that segment of story.

@OP

Someone said 5 mans with every raid release. so za and zg came out but thats not new, its redone old content. and it didnt even come with firelands so im not counting it. The next content relaease betta come with a 5 man or you know what?

ill post on their forums and complain

thatll show em

Quote Originally Posted by Everx View Post
    Guild houses/areas, was promised around release and previously mentioned when brought up back in Wrath of the Lich King...still nothing.
    I specifically remember them addressing that at Blizzcon last year. They said they would probably never make guild houses because they want everyone to be chillin' in Org/Stormwind instead of being isolated in a guild house.