Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Just don't bother... why are you people pushing someone who's on a budget into replacing a perfectly good and capable graphics card? From the looks of it, most of your suggestions would net and increase of 2-5fps?

Wait until Battlefield3 is actually released and you have tested it on your current card before buying a replacement graphics card to run it. And like I said all indications are that your current card will easily run Guild Wars2.
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-ge...hawk-review/18

28 -> 42 fps when swapping 5770 (exactly same performance as 6770) to 560. Hardly 2-5 don't you think? That goes from relatively choppy to playable. There's nothing perfectly good and capable about 6770 unless you're playing old games with low res.

That said, there's no way 6770 is going to run BF3 with proper settings and full HD resolution too well. Probably will be playable if you're prepared to reduce the settings quite a bit, each to its own I guess.
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2011-07-14 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I agree.

And if I had to give any advice THEN, I'm sure it would be to add another 6770.
    So he would possibly need a new motherboard as well. Maybe a new PSU also.. hmmkay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-ge...hawk-review/18

28 -> 42 fps when swapping 5770 (exactly same performance as 6770) to 560. Hardly 2-5 don't you think? That goes from relatively choppy to playable. There's nothing perfectly good and capable about 6770 unless you're playing old games with low res.

That said, there's no way 6770 is going to run BF3 with proper settings and full HD resolution too well. Probably will be playable if you're prepared to reduce the settings quite a bit, each to its own I guess.
    And this is where questions come in...

Chances are the OP isn't playing in "full HD" at best (s)he's probably using 1680x1050 and most likely lower. So you should probably ask the OP what size screen their using and at what resolution. And 28 FPS in WoW is hardly "choppy" it's very much well into the playable zone.

BF3 hasn't launched yet... why buy an already dated card which will likely want replacing by the time the game intended to run on it comes out.

Better to wait now and upgrade when the game is actually launched and the OP can see exactly how well their current card performs.

I also seem to remember only 2 or 3 days ago lots of people recommending some buy a 5770... on a budget build.

I still stand by my recommendation of an HD6870 (or even the GTX560 non-Ti edition). Within the price range after rebates and would be a substantial upgrade over the 6770... however, I do agree to just wait and see, pretty much. If it proves to not be enough when the time comes, then I'm sure something better will be out at the time.