Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Kicked for dieing while tanking, healer 6k HPS

Just want to vent a bit.

Are people actually this retarded?
    Kicking the tank cause he died while Last Stand, Enraged Regen and 1 Trinket were up and healer was dpong 5769 HPS.
    Really? I mean, fucking really?

I waste my god damn time carrying groups for the PvE Call to Arms and I get fucking kicked for this!?

Fuck you blizzard, no, fuck you, I hope queues go back to 2 hours, so the sorry ass 6k HPS healers and 4k DPS in zul gurub rot the fuck away from me.

Deleted
    I don't see the problem, if they kicked you, you can instaqeue again as tank.

Deleted
    Most likely the others was not aware you did poped your CDs. From their point of view they can not be the source of wiping, hence assuming you was the one who failed.

There are so many circumstantial aspects to this post that it makes my teeth hurt.

HPS doesn't mean jack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    If they were on the last boss, the OP just want to finnish the instance (just for the point) I really agree with OP this is annoying.

This^^Unless it was 1 - 2 bosses from the end then that kinda sucks. But i doubt that was the case.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    i kinda know how you feel, im a 368ilvl healer and once got booted because the tank decided to pull 2 groups of ZA trash ( the ones after the bear boss) ... no one can heal that ... not even interrupting or dispelling the speed buffs.

so anyways do what everyone else does, make guild groups.

Calm down it's just a game. Things happen. If you know it's not your fault forget about it. Besides as someone said you can insta-queue.

Fellow tank here that has happened it too aswell, paladin with every cooldown active, dps pushing just over 4-5k and healer(with, I may add, only 68k mana in ZG, buffed!) and I die, and get kicked after a big yell out for being a noob for dying, after I clearly stated I had all my cooldowns active and they could clearly see the healer wasn't doing jack, they wern't even from the same guild, let alone same realm, just all random puggers... this was at the trash mobs on the way to the second last boss, Zanzil if I remember correctly, dps not even being smart enough to use the frost cauldrons and w/e. Really pisses me off, that tanks get treated like that after carrying a group for nearly the whole instance, even get yelled and sworn at in the process.

The LFD system is just too easily fooled with gear in bags counting towards higher itemlvl and so low geared people in their role can just queue for it.

Sincerely, a pissed off tank.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Calm down it's just a game. Things happen. If you know it's not your fault forget about it. Besides as someone said you can insta-queue.
    It's not the problem with the insta queue, it's more the reasoning and the why, and after all the trouble you have had carrying the group that is underperforming by miles, and then just get kicked for something that's not his fault, or my fault in my situation... Tanks have feelings aswell, you know?
    Last edited by RemyLaCroix; 2011-07-14 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Problem is, that he wasted a lot of his time on this group and they just spat on him because someone else was being bad.

OP: Bad players never think they are bad. They never see them doing anything wrong so they blamed all on you. Someone initiated ragekick, someone mindlessly spammed accept. That's all it takes. Just let it go and accept that some players are bad and you can't help getting in group with them.

I once went to ZG with my friend to boost him getting new gear. He was at minimum required gear and also learning the instance. He was kicked for doing only 9k dps. It was low, we knew it, but after he was kicked I left too so they lost the top dps as well (18k). It was when ZG was released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ildurnest View Post
    Just want to vent a bit.

Kicking the tank cause he died while Last Stand, Enraged Regen and 1 Trinket were up and healer was dpong 5769 HPS.

I waste my god damn time carrying groups for the PvE Call to Arms and I get fucking kicked for this!?

Fuck you blizzard, no, fuck you, I hope queues go back to 2 hours, so the sorry ass 6k HPS healers and 4k DPS in zul gurub rot the fuck away from me.
    Carrying? really? you tanks really need to learn that the game is not about, and does not revolve around, YOU there are 4 other people in your five man grp most of whom are putting in just as much effort as you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaminomeph View Post
    Carrying? really? you tanks really need to learn that the game is not about, and does not revolve around, YOU there are 4 other people in your five man grp most of whom are putting in just as much effort as you are.
    I laughed. They clearly weren't putting that much effort, in this case.

Deleted
    i feel your pain brother's ...but if you zone in and you healers got less than 80k mana ..just leave...its worth the wait just for a smooth run ...dps can be as crappy as they want but healers and tanks carry most groups

Deleted
    well you didn't paint the situation very well. for all we know you were standing in some shit which caused you to go from max to zero health in a few seconds. or on the other hand it was a disc priest so the HPS would be slightly lower.

but yeh, if none of the above are true, 5.6k hps is really low. i maybe average 11k in a ZA/ZG, fluctuating up to 16k or so depending on the situation.

Start going with my tact, always do 5mans during the night hours. Imba group everytime
    At least has been for me..... the past 2 years.

If the rest of the group is bad, and he is doing good, and has to pop all his cooldowns to stay alive when the healer can't even keep him alive with the cooldowns activated, there clearly is something wrong, wich is not his fault. So yes, ofcourse, in this situation it IS about him, and the rest of that group not being good enough to cut the deal, you seem to not see that it is very frustrating for a tank to carry bad people in a group, I'm not an elitist jerk of w/e, but I really hate it when I see dpsers for instance doing 4k-5k on trash and just barely 6k on a boss, wich shows they have either not got the gear for it, or are just slacking their behinds off because they don't care and just want their points. I can understand that in the other Cata heroics, but not in ZG/ZA.

Though sometimes yes tanks can be a bit arrogant like that, while doing randoms it is far too often the case that I am 'carrying' the group while tanking (ie. 30%+ of the group damage, even on bosses). In those cases if it wasn't for me making up for the terrible shortcomings of others, the group would have failed miserably. Regarding the OP, yes the people who kicked you were jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Urhark View Post
    dps can be as crappy as they want but healers and tanks carry most groups
    ^^^

Couldn't be more true. I remember a ZA (complete pug, every member from a different server) I tanked where we basically 4manned. Everyone was performing fine, except the spriest. I looked at damage done on the last boss he did 5800, luckily the other 2 were doing over 15k. I found it surprising that no one even said a word to the priest, but then I realized it was because the group was moving along just fine. The sad truth is dps get away with murder in randoms, try not to let shenanigans like these get to ya OP!
    Last edited by no1important; 2011-07-14 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    And no, I'm not a 'fanboy'. I just hate you all...so very much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    I laughed. They clearly weren't putting that much effort, in this case.
    in this case it's true the effort was a bit lax lol but tanks seem to use this "I'm carrying you" crap regardless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ildurnest View Post
    Just want to vent a bit.

know how to fix this? for every tank cooldown you have, get an addon taht yells "LAST STAND UP FOR XXSECONDS"

"LAST STAND ENDED, KEEP ME ALIVE!"

Problem solved