Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Florra View Post
    Thank you and perfect timing! As I am currently ordering my parts!

Thank you everyone, and a big thank you to llDemonll for those parts I went with, I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Here's to a successful first time build with no DOA parts! Wish me luck!
    Change the HDD into Samsung Spinpoint F3 if you still can, other than that it's looking good.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

There, a 3 part tutorial from Newegg on how to build a computer. Very helpful.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2011-07-20 at 10:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Change the HDD into Samsung Spinpoint F3 if you still can, other than that it's looking good.
    All personal choice, the WD Caviar and Spinpoint are both good drivers, I generally recommend the WD when there isn't a budget constraint because I haven't had any problems with them in the past so I've never used anything else

@Florra - Yes, that's everything you need aside from the DVD player listed above. Pretty much any DVD-R/W will be fine, I go for LiteOn, Asus, Sony usually
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

karate99
    There, a 3 part tutorial from Newegg on how to build a computer. Very helpful.
    Thanks! Favorited it for later.

llDemonll
    All personal choice, the WD Caviar and Spinpoint are both good drivers, I generally recommend the WD when there isn't a budget constraint because I haven't had any problems with them in the past so I've never used anything else

Florra - Yes, that's everything you need aside from the DVD player listed above. Pretty much any DVD-R/W will be fine, I go for LiteOn, Asus, Sony usually
    I went with your recommendation of the WD. And the DVD drive I got was the: Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner.
    Florra the Explora

Congrats, so waiting for shipment now, I'd say.....

On the WD-vs Samsung part:
    It's like the decision between Ferrari and Porsche, both will pretty much pwn everything else on the streets, one is maybe slightly faster, the other ones slighty cheaper. personal preference, both are top drives.

on the DVD-player:
    I'd agree with Demon, there isn't a high chance you get a bad DVD-Drive nowadays. The Sony's good though, I have the same model.

Overall: Very good to hear we could change your mind to building it yourself. When you need any advice during the building, we're here....

Quote Originally Posted by Khalelia View Post
    Congrats, so waiting for shipment now, I'd say.....

Overall: Very good to hear we could change your mind to building it yourself. When you need any advice during the building, we're here....
    Parts probably arriving saturday which sucks cause im going camping for 3 days on sat and will have to just THINK ABOUT THAT AWESOME PC WAITING TO BE BUILT as i sit with no technology in the woods. /violin lol

And yea, its a money saving skill to have in the long run, so I guess its time to learn... :x
    Florra the Explora