Deleted

Is this Any good?

Hello their guys! My friend has a 7 year old PC and when we play sc2 he laggs like crazy, so were looking for a PC for him Under 600 Euro's.
    I know building your self is beter etc, but we dont got the skill/time to do that.

I found this one:
    Model: CoolerMaster Elite 310 behuizing - Midi tower

Processor: Intel Core i7 2300 - 2,80GHz - 6MB

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Cardreader: 6-in 1 Memorycardreader

Hardedrive: 1Tb- SATA

Graphics controller:Nvidia GT430 1GB

Interfaces
    USB 2.0, USB 3.0, RJ45 (Gigabit LAN), S/PDIF-out (Optical), 7.1 channel surround sound, VGA, DVI, HDMI

This is the site but its in Dutch so dont think is really usefull but: http://www.computerland.nl/a/desktop...d/details.aspx

Will this be good enough to play games with out terible lagg? (no need for Ultra settings and all). If you know any other PC that might be beter please tell me (needs to be able to be shipped to Holland).

Thanks very much
    ~~Dual

It looks pretty good, he should lag much unless in a heavy populated zone with really high settings but 2 easy wasys to fix that are to upgrade the ram you can buy sticks of ram to plug into the comp really cheap, out here in the us its 50bucks for 4-6 gbs and that big of a addon will be huge, another thing to look into is getting a gaming network card like this one http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/killer-2100/ it will help reduce latency and also help smooth things out if he wants to go max out on settings, but without these two things the comp should do well for you friend ^^.

Deleted
    Ahh thanks very much I might get the network card myself, looks pretty good.

ABout the ram, is it hard to add this to your PC? (yes im a pc noob)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't recommend that one, the graphics card is crap. If you really must have a prebuilt pc under 600€ then go for this one from the same place instead
    http://www.computerland.nl/a/desktop...b/details.aspx

Slightly worse processor but more ram, more harddrive space and a graphics card which is roughly twice as good.

adding ram is very easy all you do is buy the type for your computer like ddr3 or whatever it says in your comp spec and there are little slots on the mother board you unclip the ends put in the stick and reclip it in and thats it, simple and easy upgrade, and to the above poster a nvdia gt 430 is far from a crap graphics card sure there are some better but its stil la damn fine card and any upgraded graphics card you will likely not see much differeance if at all unless its a massive upgrade in card.

Gaming network card is the most worthless thing you can buy, and vastly overrated.

Something like the Killer NIC might drop your latency by 20-40ms which sounds awesome in theory, but when you compare it to your ISP... If your latency is 300ms now, you can expect something like 270-280ms with a good expensive network card. Now do you honestly think it's worth the money spent? 9 times out of 10 you get better latency by changing ISP than by getting new network card.

There's exactly one use for those cards, and it's if your normal latency is already below 100ms and you're playing internet games professionally (SC2 for example). Then going from 100ms to 70ms can be pretty big improvement and actually earn you victories and money. Other than that, forget it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Gaming network card is the most worthless thing you can buy, and vastly overrated.

Something like the Killer NIC might drop your latency by 20-40ms which sounds awesome in theory, but when you compare it to your ISP... If your latency is 300ms now, you can expect something like 270-280ms with a good expensive network card. Now do you honestly think it's worth the money spent? 9 times out of 10 you get better latency by changing ISP than by getting new network card.

There's exactly one use for those cards, and it's if your normal latency is already below 100ms and you're playing internet games professionally (SC2 for example). Then going from 100ms to 70ms can be pretty big improvement and actually earn you victories and money. Other than that, forget it.
    By professionally I presume you mean LAN party style? :P

50 computers all in the same room :P

Rather than actually over the Internet.

I agree gaming network cards are rather overrated in general expecially the expensive ass ones, but i personally have used this one and saw a nice improvement to pvp based games, its not nearly a must have but for someone who has the extra cash that wants to fine tune the computer down the line its not bad to look into for the pvp focused player, pvp not limited to wow but any online multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I wouldn't recommend that one, the graphics card is crap. If you really must have a prebuilt pc under 600€ then go for this one from the same place instead
    http://www.computerland.nl/a/desktop...b/details.aspx

Slightly worse processor but more ram, more harddrive space and a graphics card which is roughly twice as good.
    Ahh thanks!, Yeah my friend doesnt have a lot of money, and we have no clue how to build a pc our self!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    I found this one:
    Model: CoolerMaster Elite 310 behuizing - Midi tower
    Processor: Intel Core i7 2300 - 2,80GHz - 6MB
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    Cardreader: 6-in 1 Memorycardreader
    Hardedrive: 1Tb- SATA
    Graphics controller:Nvidia GT430 1GB
    Interfaces
    USB 2.0, USB 3.0, RJ45 (Gigabit LAN), S/PDIF-out (Optical), 7.1 channel surround sound, VGA, DVI, HDMI

This is the site but its in Dutch so dont think is really usefull but: http://www.computerland.nl/a/desktop_pc_s/80002208
    ~~Dual
    CPU: Something's not right there but I assume you have an i7-2600 in which case it would be a totally over-proportioned CPU. With so many bottle-necks in your system the money on the CPU is wasted. The most you need is an i5-2500.

RAM: 4 GB will suffice for now.

GPU: A Geforce 430 isn't even consider a gaming card by most people. Anything less than a Geforce 550 or Radeon 6870 is a waste.

HDD: As long as you have a 7200 RPM drive you should be alright. Sure drives are a little better than others but the difference is hardly noticeable, so no biggy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grayfoxx64 View Post
    and to the above poster a nvdia gt 430 is far from a crap graphics card sure there are some better but its stil la damn fine card and any upgraded graphics card you will likely not see much differeance if at all unless its a massive upgrade in card.
    You must be trolling?

Since OP was talking about starcraft:

also for some further reference:

As I said, the 5670 is roughly 50-100% better. The GT 430 is basically a card designed for HTPC use and should not be used for any gaming more advanced than tetris.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    By professionally I presume you mean LAN party style? :P

50 computers all in the same room :P

Rather than actually over the Internet.
    You do need to play over the internet to qualify for anything and to practice. Especially with games like SC2 where you can not use local servers but have to connect to Blizzard over public internet.

For LAN games it makes zero difference if you have 10 or 11ms latency.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.