Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Surely an addon like that would take the skill out of healing altogether? Making the role pretty dull i can imagine.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    An add-on that shows recommended spells for healing would not work as others already pointed out. There is just too much to consider.
    But: You can let your healing frame present the boundary conditions!

If you wish to have more support from your healing frame for your decisions on which spell you should use, I would recommend the following for your examples:

- Let your healing frame change the bar-color depending on the health amount (instead of showing a spell at 70%)
    - Let your healing frame show "weakened soul" if the tank has the debuff (instead of showing power word: shield)

For these displays I prefer VuhDo, but I guess the other healing frames have these indicators implemented too.

Other useful indicators:

I have a number on each bar, showing how much people would be affected by my chain heal if it was cast on this person. The number gets yellow on 3 and green on 4 -> I do not have to look up for the raid position when deciding on the heal.

This is called "clustering" in VuhDo, but you have to configure it first (http://vuhdo.ithato.com/Setup+Walkth...lusters_Button).

Think about which are the conditions that are best suiting each of your heals? Configure your healing frame to show these conditions and try to link these conditions to the optimum heal in your mind. It won't work on your first raid, but after some time, you will automatically connect the colored dots on the health bars with your healing spells.

But think about situations too. If a health bar is stable while casting the last spell on another target, multiple efficient heals might be the optimum solution. If the bar has an aggro indicator, the person might have a serious problem and you should cast fast and big heals, even if the bar isn't low yet. These are typical situations, where indicators help a lot (e.g. aggro or not) but you still have to decide on your own if the bar is stable enough or not.