Retribution paladin Trinket.

Hi, just looked over some fast logs of other retribution paladins and found one that used DMC: Hurricane doing 2.7% of his total damage.
    Since they're dirt cheap atm i decided to have a go at it on dummies, with no raid debuffs/buffs except blessing of might and got very happily suprised.

5minute fight, full out cooldowns with heroic Chimeraon trinket and AoK(normal) for 5minutes ended at 18881,9 dps exactly.

5minute fight, full out cooldowns with AoK(normal) and DMC: Hurricane for 5minutes and ended at 19987.1 dps exactly.
    - DMC: Hurricane procced 12 times and did 1.7% of my total damage (106.7k damage)
    - T12 -2set bonus did 127k damage in the same time, hammer of wrath did 2.4% of my total damage to compare.
    - DMC: Hurricane hit min for 6.9k, 8.9k average and 11.1k max. Since the trinket can't crit anymore and it seems like it scales from debuffs/buffs.

Ofc procs and so on will impact the numbers and in some cases change numbers ALOT, so i checked it.
    I did less templars verdict with the DMC: Hurricane trinket try, so if anything the dps at 5minute point should be slightly lower.

Anyways, im going to test it out in raid tonight and report back on it. Seems strange to me that such a "bad" trinket should outdo a str proc trinket.
    DMC: Hurricane also procs off melee attacks so heroic ryolith with me being on add cleave duty should be slightly more active and thus being even more effective.

Anyone else tested the trinket lately? do say so if you've got some info about it. 1k+ dps increase without raidbuffs seems like a very high number for a trinket that let's be honest has been ignored for a long long time.

Deleted
    doing less tv's means as your gear increases it gets worse as it devalues mastery if your doing less tv.

when using the Chimy trinkey were you at the expertise cap? or did you gear for the darkmoon card so were miles over when using heart of rage?

if you were miles over when using darkmoon card you need to re-test with either reforges away from expertise to bring down to cap or droping seal of truth glyph and taking cs instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    what fight was that log dmg from? iirc DMC was a pretty good trinket for aoe situations. on rhyolith adds, rag adds, bethalic adds it may be really useful possibly. with the change to SoR and DS providing us with a good boost in aoe dmg, an aoe trinket could see its dmg increase as well.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    doing less tv's means as your gear increases it gets worse as it devalues mastery if your doing less tv.

when using the Chimy trinkey were you at the expertise cap? or did you gear for the darkmoon card so were miles over when using heart of rage?

if you were miles over when using darkmoon card you need to re-test with either reforges away from expertise to bring down to cap or droping seal of truth glyph and taking cs instead.
    Ofc im hit and exp capped with both trinkets, i loose 120 mastery rating from changing trinkets but gain the strenght from DMC: Hurricane.
    I got less procs for Templars Verdict on the second try, Crusader Strike glyph is completely RNG dps increase and in most cases having slighly more expertice than needed can be more worth than 5% crit on crusader strike.

But yeah, didn't have to reforge anything so the only stat i loose from giving up H:HoR was the 120something mastery from reforging but then i gained 320something strenght from the DMC:Hurricane trinket so the passive trinket bonus is a better gain for me atleast.
    What makes the differance between the two trinkets is the proc. Ever since i got AoK i've used 5stacks of that + other CDs and it's insanely rare to have H:HoR active at the same time as that. I'm also engineering so i never want more than 1 activate trinket anyways.

I've seen many top retri paladins using the Daily 1min trinket which i understand since it's alot of mastery and 1200str on 1min is decent enough but with engineering and AoK I don't see it possible to optimize all the trinkets.

---------- Post added 2011-07-14 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    what fight was that log dmg from? iirc DMC was a pretty good trinket for aoe situations. on rhyolith adds, rag adds, bethalic adds it may be really useful possibly. with the change to SoR and DS providing us with a good boost in aoe dmg, an aoe trinket could see its dmg increase as well.
    5minute unbuffed (apart from Blessing of Might) on a heroic dummy.

15+ Year Old Account
    i meant the logs from the fight of the other ret you mentioned.

regardless, fighting a target dummy unbuffed and undebuffed is probably the worst way to judge your dps.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post

And your CS use goes up, leaving Mastery about the same as before. There has always been an inflection point (why the fuck is it called that, it makes no sense?) where crit and mastery see eye-to-eye, but that's because crit also indirectly makes each point of mastery better because the holy damage portion includes crit damage. It's really just a funky mathematical deal because the two stats play on each other weirdly.

@ Huntingbear_grimbatol

That big percentage of damage you're seeing will go down quite a bit in raids with proper buffs/debuffs up. The stat boosts provided by other trinkets, however, will go up in value which is why DMC is ranked lower than the others. However, it's always a good idea to keep it around on fights where you're running around a lot (especially to replace a stacking trinket) because the frontloaded damage isn't stack-reliant.

Just got our first HC kill on Lord Ryolith (10man) and during all the tries the damage percentage DMC:Hurricane did was from 2%-5% when i was on cleaving down Fragments of Ryolith. So if anything it's a really good trinket to use on aoe fights, and while it's not a massive number it's by far better than a unreliable proc trinket.
    On aoe fights i used to equip Ascendant Counsil haste proc trinket for faster divine storms and it really seems like DMC: hurricane is slightly better and in the world of min/maxing during progress I'll be using this whenever im on aoe duty.