Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost DW bracers

I don't understand how exactly the Earthcrack Bracers from Lord Rhyolith are best in slot for Frost DW when the Giantform bracers have hit and mastery, and according to Elitist Jerks the stat priority difference from haste and mastery is 1.47 versus 1.44 which is a very small number for 378 item level and then at 391 it's 1.78 for haste value versus 1.57 for mastery, which I do understand is a larger number. But for someone gearing through normal Firelands content right now and taking Frost DW as the main gear preference, would it not be better to have some extra hit rating and go for the Giantform Bracers just because hit rating gives you more white damage?

I suppose buying the Giantform Bracers is still a suitable upgrade to my 359 item level Electron Inductor Coils until I get the Earthcrack Bracers, but I still don't see the point of having a useless stat and haste on one item versus an item that helps white hit chances (and can be reforged to haste anyway) and has mastery on it which is just as good as haste for my item level.

10+ Year Old Account
    The BiS list is BiS if you have every item. and honestly, It all comes down to stat weights. If you aren't using the hit on the GB, they aren't better. If you are (even 60%), they are. If the rest of your gear differs from the BiS list, use the better ones (the GB).

Most sites are telling me Giantform Bracers are BiS.

As Varyk stated, the BIS list is only valid if you have all items on it.
    The reason that the GFB's are not BIS for DW (for the EJ list) is due to the lower hit requirement of the spec combined with the abundance of hit on gear.

It's just a guideline. Take what you can get and make it work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!