H Lord Rhyolith and "Turning Flame"

Did a few attempts on this guy yesterday on 25man... out of over 25 attempts we only got the buff 54 times, while another guild on our server attempted the boss 17 times and got the buff around 1500 times (which was 10man)

Does anyone know if this is a bug or are we doing something wrong? Do we not have enough dps on the legs or what? We had the melee on the boss and were switching ranged to a leg for "hard turns" but it was still MUCH harder to turn him than what we were used to on normal.

Theres a thread about this on battlenet, some think it's a bug with the raid ID or something... can anyone help me out or know whats going on with this?

We had 35 heroic attempts and Turning Flame was applied 1488 times.

just looked at our previous logs from last week, we attempted rhyolith 3 times (3rd time was a kill) on normal 25 and we got the buff 123 times.. not sure if its a heroic only thing but like i said the 10man guild on our server got it over 1500 times in 17 attempts

really don't understand whats going on >.>

idk what that abiltiy is but

Apply Aura: Increase Run Speed %
    Value: 50

is all wowhead offers. and ima guess it's fragments maybe? obsidian's speed, fragment speed? I know we dont never move faster or just maybe a buff he gains from bad play on heroic?

it effects how fast he can turn pretty much, and not having it makes it like 10x harder :\

And how is it generated?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's when you have dps on both legs. Needs to be a decent amount of dps, not like a 1/1 dps split.

can you be more specific? we had several of our dps switch to the legs when we called for "hard switches" but the bar was still going up very slowely.. and we had everyone on the same leg, still wasn't really working

never had this problem on normal mode, not really sure what we're doing wrong :S

As we have severe problems with this boss (after 5 minutes we are nowhere near 25% of the boss, we are often not able to turn him properly etc.) can anyone explain, which setup for DD you are using? We assign all melees to the legs and let the range hit adds, they only dmg the legs (directly, dots and such are being held up) when we need a hard turn. Is this not enough to get this buff going? Also, we don´t AOE the fragments near the legs, should we?

Given the number of issues with this boss I wouldn't worry about it. They have patched it 4 times in 3 weeks and will no doubt patch it again some more next week.

While OT the volcano buffs and nerfs are doing our head in, each week it feels like a completely different encounter healing wise going from trivial with 6 to impossible with 7 and back again.

It has nothing to do with your dps setup, it's just seems to be an unconfirmed bug, which is discussed frequently in many other forums (official, manaflask, tankspot, even here in another thread). We have had the same problems this week, so the boss was impossible to kill for us, because he would love to activate volcanoes right behind him or on the other end of the plattform, but not the ones in front of him, as the hotfix notes earlier this week said. It almost ended up with 10 or more stacks from this shitty volcano debuff on each and every player, which resulted in three dead players minimum when he stomped. The other point is the fast turning. So some times he was as easy to turn as a walking stick, other times he was as sluggish as a tree, made him nearly impossible to turn adequatly.
    Other raids didn't even had these problems, their tries went as smooth as it could be, other wiped also 20 times or more. Some had one lucky try with adequate volcano spawn to they managed to kill him.

At this time it seems to be some kind of RNG bug.

I hope the latest hotfix will make him some kind of doable.

Blizzard just needs to throw in the towel on this one. I don't know a single person who enjoys doing this fight on normal or heroic, and the strategy just seems to be bounce your head against it until you get things to line up correctly.