How to disable onboard graphics card or just to use PCI?

Bare with me, I learned most of what I say here today ><

So I got a brand new computer a few days ago (this one) and it was lightning fast until I tried gaming with it. Awful FPS. I thought I had just wasted my money and lived with it, until a friend suggested it might be using onboard graphics instead of the PCI card. I discovered this and plugged it into the PCI slot but the monitor wouldn't find it and just slept. I eventually deleted the drivers for the onboard graphics card so that it would pick up the PCI card, whose drivers I had already installed before I knew it was using onboard. Anyway, then it wouldn't let me open WoW, saying it couldn't find a suitable display device. I have no idea where to go from here. I've tried google/etc but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for... Any help for a noob? I did go into BIOS and set Init Display First to PCI but that's all I found out to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    This might be a silly question, but is the GPU connected to the power supply? Also, is the monitor plugged into the GPU's DVI port, or the motherboard's?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Right now the monitor is plugged into the card itself. And yes the GPU is connected to the power supply

Asd, shoot me in the face

Mod Edit: Eh what? Post more constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-07-15 at 12:38 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Pretty sure just PCI

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Onboard/Integrated-Video-On-Your-Computer

Do what this article suggests. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you. The usual culprits (power supply, wrong DVI, bad drivers) all seem to have been covered, so.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

It's probably a setting in your BIOS. Turn off on-board graphics and it should detect the other video card that is in the PCI express slot.

There should not have been any need to uninstall the integrated drivers - if anything, that will cause more issues than it solves.

As long as the monitor is plugged directly into the card, you are using the card. Your integrated graphics won't funnel the frame buffers through your discrete card to get to the monitor.

I'll assume you uninstalled your drivers correctly and rebooted afterwards. Can you explain the situation better, as it stands now? Your monitor is picking up and using the card, but WoW will not open? Also, could you go to your start menu, and type dxdiag in the search box and run it? The display tab will tell you what GPU is being used - just to be positive.