Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slimatic View Post
    Hey nadrii, what is the name of the "flying" buff.

I see you have it on your screen with an addon, also what addon do you use to display it?
    Wings of Flame

You can use power auras for it no seperate addon needed.

Seeing as how I don't use power auras, it is a seperate addon needed

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    Top DPS for Alysrazor 10man: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...ls/0/?s=0&e=20

Click damage by spell to see what did the most damage and number of casts.

He pulled off 349.8k DPS overall, and peaked at 600k midfight.
    \

This and alot of Alys logs are wrong either caused from a bug either in purpose from the uploaders choosing to record only the buffed phase of the fight to achieve crazy numbers, this is far from reality.

A more logical number for a flying SP on this fight would be anywhere in 45k to 60k

All the top10 at the moment in WoL is bugged/wrong the first non-bugged/wrong is number 10 with~70k DPS
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-07-18 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    That brings me to my other "problem" the rings give that stacking haste buff - which means things like Mind Flay and Dots are going to be done alot quicker.
    I dunno, maybe I should just mind spike/blast spam...
    Haste gives more ticks instead of making the thing be over quicker. What you're talking about is the old wotlk version of what haste did.

One thing that has helped me is to not use the keyboard to move. I just hold both mouse buttons to go straight.

Learn to use only your mouse for movement (and the occasional space-bar press). If you hold the left-click and right-click at the same time it will make you move forward. Just get used to moving the mouse to steer while holding both buttons to go forward. If you need to stop (because you're moving too fast and getting ahead of rings), just let go of left-click but keeping hold right-click. This allows you to steer (aim) towards the next ring but not move towards it yet, then when it's time to move just press left-click again.

If you are trying to use WASD to move around up there your DPS is going to suffer severely. Just for reference, on average I'm getting up to around 45-50k dps by the time I need to go down for the first set of tornadoes when I do this.
    Last edited by oatmealpoet; 2011-07-18 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Haste gives more ticks instead of making the thing be over quicker. What you're talking about is the old wotlk version of what haste did.
    Sort of... he was correct about MF, it does not get extra ticks haste just makes the channel time shorter. Also, VT does expand and contract in length depending on if you are close to a haste plateau or just past one. So the stacking haste buff in that fight could either make your VT last longer or be shorter in duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    This and alot of Alys logs are wrong either caused from a bug either in purpose from the uploaders choosing to record only the buffed phase of the fight to achieve crazy numbers, this is far from reality.

A more logical number for a flying SP on this fight would be anywhere in 45k to 60k

All the top10 at the moment in WoL is bugged/wrong the first non-bugged/wrong is number 10 with~70k DPS
    Was away from steady internet for a while, and I realized this after looking more closely at the logs. Kind of aggravating, but I have no clue if WoL will invalidate those rankings for the error. I just checked today and any non-tank in the top 50 either cheated or got a bug when they uploaded the logs.

Considering that you said anyone not in the top 10 was showing about 70k with a reasonable length for the fight, I'm guessing it's a cheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    To the Spriests working on Alysrazor, use your Shadowfiends.

If you're flying, and can get the rings from P2 to P3, you should have plenty uptime to manage a 15-25s CD Shadowfiend, without the T12 2set. Ask your raid for Lifegrips, Stampeding Roar, and so on to aid you in getting those rings. Pulling 40k-50k DPS from P3-P4 is incredible for the raid, and you can still DPS during P2 tornados whilst she does circles around the arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does the haste buff not apply to dots? I'm not noticing any additional ticks or timer changes to any of our three dots like I would during something like heroism/bloodlust. The only significant change I notice is MF/MB casting time.

The rings are VERY easy to get. They follow a set pattern.

The first 3 rings after she goes up will always be at her lower right rear.
    The next 3 rings will be somewhere else, but all 3 will be in the same position as the 1st one in relation to her.

If you watch, they are in sets of 3 the entire air phase. Every 4th ring will be in a new position but the next 2 after it will be in the same position as that one was.

When she goes across the middle, all 3 rings will be in the same position.

stop keyboard turning and u wont have a problem.

How is everyone handling the threat issues in this fight? We have downed this boss but I don't think that I should have to outright stop dps, even after letting the tank establish threat, to keep from wiping the raid. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by PriestessAlaura View Post
    How is everyone handling the threat issues in this fight? We have downed this boss but I don't think that I should have to outright stop dps, even after letting the tank establish threat, to keep from wiping the raid. Any tips?
    I am a Balance Druid for this fight. The threat is really high on the burn phase but if your tank is quick and somewhat skilled he can taunt and keep aggro the whole time. I never have to stop casting during the burn phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your mouse should be steering this ride, I do the same on Al'Akir... no rotation time lost...
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just fade right after the tank taunts.

Deleted
    As long as you have all your spells keybound it shouldn't be an issue, I picked it up straight away and after about 3-4 tries on altrun I was doing it perfectly, it's only an issue if you keyturn and click

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 07:35 PM ----------

Also, fade

As many others suggested practice is what it takes. I started off missing my rings, forgetting some dots, randomly falling down due to multi task issues. I ended up doing perfect rotation, not missing a single ring and even having time to multi dot big adds while flying low in the center. I am generally against all in one macroes since they tend to make a player lazier and worse in general. Personal opinion though... good luck

Edit: Power auras on ring stack number and flight time remaining helps a lot.

Thank you all! I will have to talk to my tank. Besides my fade, which I normally pop as soon as I land, I am also using shadowmeld and I have 3 pally's doing their magic on me, I think they are putting salve on me? I don't know...never cared to play a pally so I don't know their stuff, no offense to you loveable pally's out there..

Also...thanks for the power aura's tip...I just learned to watch my stacks while trying to do everything else up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a destrolock I found my rotation to be a tad too complicated to top DPS whilst flying.... but any less complicated spec seems doable to me, for example, demonology/affliction in my case.

How I personally do it: left hand on skills, with my thumbs on spacebar to gain some extra height when needed, descending and steering with the mouse, not clicking ANY abilities. (sorry keyboardturners/clickers, this fight is not made for you, time to learn to mouseturn and keybind, and when you get used to it, you won't ever live without it anymore)

Just refreshing your dots, before the last tick, or when they already fell off (with so much haste the time between last and second last tick is tiny anyways), keeping an eye on when you have to mindblast, and just filling with mind flay, it should be easy enough. Just pop your cooldowns at the start of the phase and when it burns out (get one last ring at the end of tornados for longer buff) Unless I forgot one mayor mechanic of shadowpriests, this is pretty much what you have to do, and should not be too hard.
    If this is too complicated for you you could always fall back to that 1button macro you wanted, but because of the changing casttimes halfway the flightphase, going with a castsequence is too tricky.
    Instead you could go for a Mind Spike + Mind Blast macro, or just 2-button-spec (hi arcane) without macroing those 2 skills. But just practising to keep your rotation up seems best to me.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/