Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Archaeology - how long have you last?

I wonder how many of you have kept on going with that profession? When did you start and when did you stop or are you still going strong? How much time did you spend on it?

I did it for some weeks when cata came out, or maybe too many weeks. Got professor title, still wanted the tol'vir mount but I realised that profession was driving me insane. I simply couldn't continue and I can't see myself start it again. I still want the mount but...

What about you? Did you go crazy or how do you cope with doing that stuff?
    I know doing it while waiting for bgs would be something, but tbh I rather stare at pimped bank chars in Org while waiting instead of starting that profession again.

Share your stories about insanity or preventing insanity =)

I hate it so much. most dull thing ever.

Did it in december only for the int ring. never did it again and don't wanna do it again.
    Lilian Voss Fanclub!

Deleted
    I spent like 10 minutes on it, that's about it.

Deleted
    Havnt touched arch since April.

The only thing that kept me going was Scarab lord, which I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveled it on my druid to 525 and am at 96/100 for the Diggerer achieve. I just do it if I wait in queue and have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do other then just waiting ^^ Did level it on my warrior to 240 (so I can atleast do the optional ZG boss) but still want the Fossil pet/mount - just not bothered to much atm.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finished every single project but the following

Zin'Rok
    Dwarf Staff

That's it, those two items do not exist AT ALL

Nothing EVER Q_Q I'll go back to it later

My most ''amazing'' thing was pretty much in Wrath ''Yep I promise you I'll be grabbing the bug mount asap''

First week of cataclysm hits up - Hit 85 kay time to Archaeology

First week became - > Pendent of the swarms - Bug mount

And all was amazing

Deleted
    When I was leveling it I thought it was the most awesome profession they'd ever made.. pretty much the exact second I dinged 525 I stopped having fun with it. Grinding for hours and only getting a couple of grey items worth nothing is not fun. So I stopped after getting to 525 and grinding my Puzzle Box of Yogg-saron (I really wanted that for some reason)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Started right after Cata release. I gained about 3 levels by Archaeology alone
    I still do it from time to time, it helps to kill time while I'm in the dungeon queue and I like a lot more than fishing.

I wanted to level it to be able to unlock the edge of madness boss in ZG but quitted at lvl110 or so,maybe I'll level it to summon that boss anyone got an idea what level the boss needs?

245/300

Honestly, I've done my fair share of time wasting (fishing i.e.), but arch... hell no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    I wanted to level it to be able to unlock the edge of madness boss in ZG but quitted at lvl110 or so,maybe I'll level it to summon that boss anyone got an idea what level the boss needs?
    10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I finished every single project but the following

Zin'Rok
    Dwarf Staff

That's it, those two items do not exist AT ALL
    Zin'Rok does exist as one from my guild has it http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...storm/advanced. As for the Staff, I have seen it in an armory link someone posted here in mmo but never seen it anywhere else.
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2011-07-15 at 10:05 AM.

Have spent my time doing it untill proffessor and scepter of azj'quir then i was prety much finished

Deleted
    Archaeology is the biggest joke of cata...

Archy was the nail in the coffin for me. I did it non-stop until April when the truth was shown to me thanks to Archy:
    There's really no point.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

levelled it quickly once cata released.. wanted the sword/staves, but no point now. done 1400 solves total, not done anything on it since Feb... RNG hates me, it burnt me out to the point of quitting wow altogether..i felt i had to get the sword or the staves, and the mount and kept going to the point of forgetting everything else and spending hour after hour just arching..never again.

~325 on one char. 0 on the rest. archeology is even more boring than the fireland dailies... /sadface
    This space is available for rent!

Got the trinket and the ring(as a bonus) and stopped. Have some other stuff I don't care about.
    I was at it ALOT to begin with and was not very lucky with solves, but I guess some people have seen it worse...

Deleted
    I got 525 and stopped immediatly after, in the end got the raptor mount and the raptor companion + some vanity items...

I thought you would get some good stuff from arch in the ZG boss, but that was a waste too....

Deleted
    Leveled it with my warrior to 525, earned a couple of achievements on the way, and that's it. it is a waste of time, I never want to do it again