Deleted

t11 2pc bonus worth downgrading?

Hey everybody,

maybe someone experienced in simcraft can help me, the question is just how much is the t11 2pc bonus worth?
    Specifically, I have the possibility of using 359 t11 gloves+pants, or flamebloom gloves (359 rep, better itemisation) + 372 flame pillar leggings, losing the 2pc bonus.

(I would also have the t11 chest, but got my hands on 378 Robes of Smouldering Devastation recently).

Until I finally get the t11 shoulders (they are evading me...), that's the clinch I'm in.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-07-15 at 10:47 AM.

According to simcrafting done over at EJ, the values of 2-piece t11 (NOT counting the stats on gear, just the actual set bonus) are as follows:

Affliction - 44dps
    Destruction - 26 dps
    Demonology - 189 dps

In other words, it's essentially not even a dps gain, so just use the better itemized pieces!

yeah defintly not super amazing really but i will keep my 2 peice most likly till i get my 4 peice set or close intill then

Assuming you're affliction, since most people are, the best thing to do would be to just skip the bonus in order to use the higher i-level pieces. The bonus is very small, so if you're going from 2x 359 tier pieces to 1x 359 tier + 1x 378 offset you'll almost certainly be better off from the extra int + secondary stats. If you're only gaining a very small bonus from the extra stats (for example jumping 6 ilevels with worse itemisation) then it's way too close for me to say without actually running some simulations.

At a first glance - Just take the upgrades and forget the t11.
    If you want to be exact - Sim it.