15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] New Berserk Teaser

Yes, yes and YES. Can't wait for the movies/new series to come out!

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's been asked before (by me), but does that mean that there WILL be a series that follows the original? I thought the movie was just a remake of the series' story.

Bout damn time. Still won't be as dark and fucked up as the manga though.

Deleted
    I am now excited, didn't even realise this was going on

well there is still Manga that follow the old series for i think 10 yares now and i still prefere it byfore Bleach and other Combat Mangas
    Berserk and Gantz ar my 2 best series

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite amazing, I'm still reading the Manga too

Can't wait for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    well there is still Manga that follow the old series for i think 10 yares now and i still prefere it byfore Bleach and other Combat Mangas
    I know but I believe I was told in the mega-thread that the new movie would not be following the story. That and I had no idea there was even going to be a new series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think it's been asked before (by me), but does that mean that there WILL be a series that follows the original? I thought the movie was just a remake of the series' story.
    According to http://berserk2010.blogspot.com/ (a site which mainly translates all the japanese twitter posts by the studio that does the new Berserk anime) it will be a 3 part movie about the Golden Arc, which will then lead into a proper anime series that tells all the rest of the story (and as the manga is right now, the rest is much bigger and longer then the golden arc).

---------- Post added 2011-07-15 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    10 years? More like approaching 20 now The first chapters of Berserk were done in 1992 (the prototype chapters which came with one of the issues, where Guts had an eyepatch, were dated 1988 even). With the manga you can really see Kentarou Miura changing from a very talented artist into pretty much the god of drawing manga he is today. Who else does that kind of detailed fight scenes, armor, or even pages with close to 1000 characters charging into battle, each of them rather detailed.
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2011-07-15 at 11:44 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Griffith looks just....odd. more like a woman than every or something. it's probably those lips and the eyelashes.

looks great in any case. guess i'll be waiting for the dub, though it probably wont even be the same voice actors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks great. Any idea when it's coming out? Even if it's just a rough estimate?

Posted the vid in Sy's list about 5 hours before you made your thread and go no reaction so far from them(to focused on loli it seems :P )
    Was actual a bit disappointed that movies will cover the original series but i still look forward to seeing it, i did not know however that they are supposed to be making a series after the movies are done which would cover the rest of the manga...i'm actually looking forward to them more tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Looks great. Any idea when it's coming out? Even if it's just a rough estimate?
    At the end of the trailer it says the first movie is slated for january 2012. For the rest it probably reads something like "to be announced"