Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which warlock spec is currently ahead Aff or Demo

Hello guys I was just wondering which warlock spec is currently ahead in firelands raiding 4.2, if its affliction or demonology om terms of dps. And please if you could give proof or your reasoning behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want to know which is top overall or fight specific? Fights such as Shannox favour affliction greatly as you can multi-dot all 3, whereas fights such as Beth and Rhyolith more than likely favour Demo with the AoE. Sorry I cant provide much information as I am personally only 2/7

10+ Year Old Account
    affliction only logs higher on heroic shannox because of padding you only need to dps shannox. and as for the other fights I usually see demo ahead by a large margin. It's seemingly becoming flavor of the patch so al ot of the locks I've seen shun demo in the past are all aboard the FoTm train chanting demo 4 lyfe. Doomgaurd triple dipping is mostly what gives demo the edge over the other 2 specs though if you juice up a doomgaurd it easily will do 2million damage in its duration.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...60/default/#1o

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-...clysm_edition/

This amused me though: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...60/default/#1o Demo goes top on the 'overall' sim for a week, everyone swaps to it and Aff looses 2-3k DPS while Demo gains next to nothing because they don't read about why Demo simmed higher. Affliction will top out again soon enough, especially when the DG is fixed and now Aff is now topping the overall sims again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    affliction only logs higher on heroic shannox because of padding you only need to dps shannox. and as for the other fights I usually see demo ahead by a large margin. It's seemingly becoming flavor of the patch so al ot of the locks I've seen shun demo in the past are all aboard the FoTm train chanting demo 4 lyfe. Doomgaurd triple dipping is mostly what gives demo the edge over the other 2 specs though if you juice up a doomgaurd it easily will do 2million damage in its duration.
    I'm guessing Blizz will soon bring the nerf hammer down on demo since they nerfed glyph of Imp in a similar fashion?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Pretty much this if you weren't playing demo before don't make it a fotm spec Just go back to afflic or destro

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I'm guessing Blizz will soon bring the nerf hammer down on demo since they nerfed glyph of Imp in a similar fashion?
    It's coming, and I'd wager very soon.

Deleted
    What changed about the glyph of imp and Demo? I seem to have missed something, I completely didn't notice a moment where Destruction became the LOWEST spec and Demo started to compete with affliction? :O

What is going on with this class, I can't follow even though I do check MMOC...

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    What changed about the glyph of imp and Demo? I seem to have missed something, I completely didn't notice a moment where Destruction became the LOWEST spec and Demo started to compete with affliction? :O

Doomguard triple dips into mastery, meaning that with proper gearing and if you time your procs/cooldowns, you can spawn a Doomguard that drops 100k+ doombolts.

The Glyph of Imp was bugged, pre-4.2 It was giving double the benefit it should have. They fixed it and Destruction went down the toilet.

Im hoping they will lower the CD or give it a sated type effort so you can have a DG up every attempt on progression bosses, knowing blizzard they will nerf it and give nothing and be pigeonholed into affliction yay fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    Your guess is as good as anyones. Without a Blue comment on the class since before Christmas, amounting to little more than 'We're going to change ISF' it's impossible to say what's changed since they set out their vision for the class pre-Cataclysm. Whatever it is, it bears little resemblence to what I recall reading way back when.

Just read this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2393919856 Think he's basically asked all the questions which we're never likely to see an answer to.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-07-15 at 04:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Demo for AOE or if you don't have a 10% spell power buff.
    Affliction for single target, though Demo is about as good there too if you maximize its potential with cd/proc management.
    Affliction for multiple target (not AOE).
    Last edited by OOMM; 2011-07-15 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demonology has been this strong for months now and nobody took notice because Simcraft was modeling it wrong. lol

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Quote Originally Posted by oraz View Post
    Im hoping they will lower the CD or give it a sated type effort so you can have a DG up every attempt on progression bosses, knowing blizzard they will nerf it and give nothing and be pigeonholed into affliction yay fun.
    Rather than be cooldown based, it needs to apply a debuff after summoning that doesn't persist though death. Just like heroism/bloodlush/time warp. That way it's up every attempt.

Deleted
    Sorry for the offtopic, but what exactly do you mean with "tripple-dip"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    DG scaling insanely high with demo mastery; most likely DG nerf/fix incoming as ppl will get more gear (moonwel chalice ftw)

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    The tooltip for mastery reads, "Increases the damage done by your demon servants and damage you deal while transformed into a demon by 0%. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 2.0%." The Doomguard is receiving 6.0% damage increase for every point of mastery. Additionally it provides its own copy of Demonic Pact to itself, along with receiving yours.

This results in a spec whose DPS is lackluster for 95% of the fight, but surges to obscene levels if you align your mastery procs with your Doomguard cooldown. Either the scaling for the Doomguard is bugged, or there's some serious miscommunication about how this spec is supposed to play. It reminds me of WoTLK and the Affliction crit-rolling fiasco.

TLDR; When they fix the Doomguard scaling, Demonology is going to fall more than 25% behind Affliction.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-07-15 at 06:22 PM.

Is the Elitist Jerk thread statement of "The difference between Affliction and Destruction continues to be <1% while Demonology continues to be ~5-8% behind," incorrect, then?

I was just thinking of trying out Destro today, since Affli's been boring, but if they're not actually that close, then I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Is the Elitist Jerk thread statement of "The difference between Affliction and Destruction continues to be <1% while Demonology continues to be ~5-8% behind," incorrect, then?

I was just thinking of trying out Destro today, since Affli's been boring, but if they're not actually that close, then I won't.
    That hasn't been correct since 4.2. Demo sim'd artificially low because they weren't calculating the Doomguard proplerly, and Destruction sim'd artificially high because they didn't calculate the Glyph of Imp fix in 4.2

Your best bet is to actually read the sims, instead of thread statements. The sims are updated regularly, reading threads means you're often taking in information that is months old, and incorrect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even the sim listing on simulationcraft.org isn't as up-to-date as I'd like it to be. I put a modified action priority list on EJ that would put it ahead of Affliction. It requires opening with Felguard and aligning cd/procs in a more realistic manner.