10+ Year Old Account

Cat dps in tank gear...

hmm so i was wondering(testing on dummy) if 14k dps is normal in tanking gear (reforged to dodge)
    and whats the numbers you (cats) get on a dummy single target , wanna see what i could get and what numbers im aiming for!

ty in fw

ps armory is in sig
    and using unheeded warning instead of fluid death
    Last edited by PhXn; 2011-07-15 at 03:09 PM. Reason: wrong numbers dps
    Get in my Belly!

Well your in similar gear for me and whenever i've tried to kill the test dummy i've peaked at 17k in tank gear / Cat spec put i generally even out at 14k ish. However when in tank gear and tank spec i can pull an even 11 and push to 12 with some decent trinket procs.

OT, your head, belt, trinket and boots are regemmed for expertise, which is terrible in comparison to Dodge... You really should'nt be reforging for expertise at all. And the head enchant should be the stamina one... And theres a much better boot enchant than the one you have too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    Well your in similar gear for me and whenever i've tried to kill the test dummy i've peaked at 17k in tank gear / Cat spec put i generally even out at 14k ish. However when in tank gear and tank spec i can pull an even 11 and push to 12 with some decent trinket procs.

OT, your head, belt, trinket and boots are regemmed for expertise, which is terrible in comparison to Dodge... You really should'nt be reforging for expertise at all. And the head enchant should be the stamina one... And theres a much better boot enchant than the one you have too!
    ty for the answer ive peaked at 16780 just now...
    i had a no expertise setup before, but when i wanna da some hc and people dont give me a 2 sec aggro time before they aoe.......i usely run after my secondary and third target. so i played it safe. and why not the agi+haste enchant on head?
    wait ....what? u mean lavawalker better then assasins step?
    Get in my Belly!

THe reason why the stamina head enchantment is better is because we do not use haste at all.

Blizzard have not made haste good enough for bear yet.

I do wish that people read the new post dealing with reforging in the http://theincbear.com/we-arent-in-wrath-anymore-toto.

You just need to skip anything with Haste until blizzard made it good enough.

The great new for T12 that only two item have haste in the Bear BiS, a ring and a necklace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    THe reason why the stamina head enchantment is better is because we do not use haste at all.

Blizzard have not made haste good enough for bear yet.

I do wish that people read the new post dealing with reforging in the http://theincbear.com/we-arent-in-wrath-anymore-toto.

You just need to skip anything with Haste until blizzard made it good enough.

The great new for T12 that only two item have haste in the Bear BiS, a ring and a necklace.
    i know haste is $%^$. but i thought the agi would make up for it...thats why i took it!..

and what were u hinting on in reesi's post? i mean what part of the reforging? or was that ment for richmond: post above me!
    Get in my Belly!

The amount of agility does not make up for the haste. You are borderline agility stacking if you did not want to match the gem sockets.

35 haste vs 35 dodge

Stamina vs Agility have no basic ground for which is better for head enchantment. You have a choice between the second stat.

I can understand the shoulder enchantment but the head there is no reason to use the haste enchantment.

The reesi's post is a great read, and and both of you, angelz and Richmond, should read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    The amount of agility does not make up for the haste. You are borderline agility stacking if you did not want to match the gem sockets.

35 haste vs 35 dodge

Stamina vs Agility have no basic ground for which is better for head enchantment. You have a choice between the second stat.

I can understand the shoulder enchantment but the head there is no reason to use the haste enchantment.

The reesi's post is a great read, and and both of you, angelz and Richmond, should read it.
    Aight, ive read reesi's post already tho, but ur right bout the head enchant(i didnt stack blindly )
    and what gem sockets u talking about?
    i know i got a orange gem too much , but that was because i neede to activate meta with other gear!
    Get in my Belly!

Thanks for the link Auroro, good read