Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I raid 10 mans. I enjoy healing on my Shaman. I don't feel weak.

However, there are a few things that bug me. Blizz nerfed our Mana Tide, but attempted to balance the nerf with a mana-per-crit mechanic. Which in general is OK, but it has some significant issues. First, this mechanic is tied to Water Shield. In the same patch, Blizz made just about anything proc water shield. Which is bad, because when the shield is down, we get no passive regen and no crit regen (and the mana we get for a proc is tiny, too). The fire birds before Alyxrazor is a good example of this: my water shield disappears in literally 2 or 3 seconds, for no discernible reason. Second, we get no mana return for casting Healing Rain -- which costs a ton of mana to maintain, and is absolutely mandatory on the AoE damage phases of bosses like Majordomo and Ragnaros.

Honestly, the biggest issue I have with my shaman is that I don't feel like I have a lot of control over my mana. On my Druid, in considerably less gear, I can spam quite a lot before getting into mana issues. Granted, solo tank healing feels way, way better on my Shaman, but for everything else, I'd rather use my Druid (too bad my guild has a glut of good resto druids).

As an aside: while Spirit Link totem has some amazing situational uses (e.g. Ragnaros p2), it's not that great of a reactionary tank cooldown. It has a 10 yard range (and is dropped randomly somewhere 2-3 yards near you), so you need to be almost on top of your tank to use it. Even then, it only reduces incoming damage by 10% (plus the health balancing every second or so, of course). This is great if you know the damage is coming, but if you don't (e.g. a tank is randomly spiked too low), it's worthless. Which is why I somewhat object to calling it a "tank" cooldown.
    Last edited by Jiggles; 2011-07-17 at 06:09 PM. Reason: formatting got destroyed for some reason...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    is they hinting about a new hero class with healing?
    that would be sweet as hell
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been waiting for many weeks now to get all those questions about Holy Priest answered, but I was oh so disappointed... There are MANY questions left without any answer.

1. They say Holy Priests are well represented in raids - complete lie? Looking at all logs we are by far the least used healer for raids, both normals and especially heroics since we bring nothing to the oh-so-important-raid CD's except pure healing, wich Druids do so much better (even Holy Palas outshine us many times with all their CD's). I already went Disc on most of our encounters just because the benefit from mitigation is simply too important. I never enjoyed Disc style of healing, but atm I have to go Disc for the sake of my guild. Often we run with zero Holy Priests. We have a buggy GS, but there are already so many other classes bringing better tank CD's out there, even the tanks themselves.

2. There is a true lack of communication - all we hear is "we think Holy Priests are good because they have such a large toolbox". Maybe it is time to evaluate just how useful this toolbox really is?

3. There are (I think a record) huge amount of forum threads still not answered why there are no Spirit cloth drops from bosses; why we are the only ones missing Spirit on our "off-pieces" while all other classes have plenty, and I want Blizzard to acknowledge how it feels for raiding Priests seing all other classes get their upgrades from bosses and especially Holy can't even consider non-spirit items as an upgrade, and don't want to "take" the guilds dps-gears etc. We are simply being treatened different than everybody else here, and ofc we don't like it...

If you think we should just respecc Disc and be happy with that you are making a big mistake. Disc and Holy is as similar to playing a Druid vs Holy Paladin, and I for once (and I know many others) didn't choose Holy as MS and stay happy with going Disc on the majority of fights.

More feedback coming, time to go to work.
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2011-07-18 at 08:16 AM.