10+ Year Old Account

Trouble with apple mobile device USB driver

I recently bought a fourth generation ipod touch. After downloading itunes (64 bit) and installing it on a 64 bit windows 7 operating system, I proceeded to go through the initial setup. After that was finished I unplugged the ipod and went on my way. Well here I am several days later trying to sync my ipod to itunes for the first time since setup and my computer is listing the device as an unspecified device and will not let it sync to my pc. I have the most recent version of itunes and my ipod firmware is up to date so I can't really figure out what has gone wrong, even more so after following all the tech support suggestions and still getting nothing. Has anyone else had this problem/ knows a solution to it?

Have you checked to see if the services are running?

Start -> (in the search/run box type) Services [Hit Enter]

Look for: Apple Mobile Device (Should be automatic and started), Bonjour Service (Again, automatic and started), iPod Service (started, automatic)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Have you checked to see if the services are running?

Start -> (in the search/run box type) Services [Hit Enter]

Look for: Apple Mobile Device (Should be automatic and started), Bonjour Service (Again, automatic and started), iPod Service (started, automatic)
    Yes I stopped and restarted the service but what I ended up doing was uninstalling it all and carefully re-installing it. It seems to be all working properly now.