Warlock CC in 4.2

It is possible I haven't educated myself enough on this matter, but I thought in patch 4.2 cc wasn't supposed to pull mobs. I have noticed when I fear in dungeons the mobs instantly come after me. Is it only certain classes that can cc without getting aggro or am I cursed?

Are you using the Fear Glyph?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think they count fear as a CC, so that pulls aggro, but if u use banish (which i suppose they count as a CC) it doesnt pull aggro

Deleted
    Fear unfortunately still agros mobs, even with the glyph. I assume its because without the glyph, the ability would have the npc running around like a headless chicken and would cause all sorts of problems (ie if you dont hit it before fear runs out, it may cause evade bugs etc). Your not cursed, its just how fear is atm.

banish and seduce dont pull aggro as patch 4.2

they said they could make something for a glyphed fear but they havent as off yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think every warlock found this out the hard way! :-)I reckon it is a bit weird considering that turning someone into a sheep/frog/penguin/monkey doesn't pull, yet them having a panic attack does. But that just the way it is.

I've had Glyphed Fear not cause aggro a few times. It's really rare, though.

Generally it does cause a dead Warlock as the tank wants to insist that the CC won't cause aggro.

I just read the patch notes that listed exactly what spells don't do it anymore..

Crowd Control

Many crowd control abilities no longer cause creatures to attack players when they are cast. The creature will not attack the player when the crowd control wears off, and nearby creatures will not become hostile to the player either. However, if a visible player gets too close to the target creature, the creature will remember and attack the player when the crowd control effect wears off. The intent is to make it easier for dungeon groups to manage crowd control assignments and pulling packs of hostile NPCs. The abilities affected by this change are: Hibernate, Entangling Roots, Wyvern Sting (will still cause hostility when it begins to deal damage), Freezing Trap, Polymorph, Repentance, Shackle Undead, Blind, Hex, Bind Elemental, Banish, Seduction.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Sadly fear still aggros mobs.

I find fear to be absolutely terrible, I think it's the worst CC ability for pve situations. Really wish blizzard would change this because it's silly how it only lasts 20 seconds and still aggros mobs it just doesn't make any sense.

Haven't used CC that much since the first week of 5man Heroics. Since then we haven't bothered and haven't needed to.

Deleted
    I think i remember blizz saying that they would think about adding the non aggro effect to the glyph of fear also, nothing has come of it though, and I can't find that damn post now