Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    Or in a top tier HoN tournament.
    We're talking about LoL. Not HoN.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    We're talking about LoL. Not HoN.
    Right, hence the lack of early game action.

Deleted
    The reason for HoN's community is because of statistics, everything is saved from GPM (Gold per Minute) XPM (obvious) APM (Actions/Minute) K: A: D (Kills Asissts / Death) etc. And players are usually judged by this, if they aren't already by their MMR (read: ELO) as thus, in a competitive game like HoN players obviously don't want to lose, and ofcourse due to most gamers bringing their narcisistic side out when playing competitively it couldn't POSSIBLY be their fault they're losing (I am not entirely blameless when it comes to this) therefore the flaming is terrible in HoN.

This is the primary reason for HoN's community being notoriously known as one of the worst around

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Zoeii or Forsaken, Since you seem to be the only person who can come up with valid arguments and not spit out random insults to their hearts desire (not saying my fellow HoN players are any better, just pointing it out).

Do you acknowledge the lack of range on most heroes and abilities? if you're a double range in mid lane chances are quite high you wont engage in any lethal combat until atleast level 8+ (unless you're up against Cassiopeia etc. and like to stand still). As a HoN player the concept feels bizarre as we have it the other way around (if you have a team set up for farming) you fight often like crazies in the beginning and sometimes the game slows down around the 20 minute marker due to carries farming, having people farm middle until level 10-12 (in LoL) just has me baffled!
    So LoL is worse because in LoL the carries farm first and then engage in team fights where in HoN you engage in team fights and then farm? I really don't get your point.

Even though these games are similar, they are still very, very different. We can argue over and over again about which one is better. It's like discussing whether you prefer oranges or apples. We can all agree to disagree by this time.

Competitiveness is intrinsic in Heroes of Newerth -- that's one of my theories for why in all honesty I find the HoN community worse than the LoL community.
    Oh, also -- LoL is free, therefore more casual players will be playing it and although they might play it enough to become good, they will still be casual gamers, and thus probably won't rage as much.

Both!

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    So LoL is worse because in LoL the carries farm first and then engage in team fights where in HoN you engage in team fights and then farm? I really don't get your point.
    His point is farming for a half hour before any action happens is boring.

Deleted
    But you don't do that in LoL.

Deleted
    In your opinion.

Edit: Last match I played, first blood was at 1:55.

Game before than, 2:10.

Every game, there's at least 2-3 kills in our lane, in the first 10 minutes. This misconception of farm to get kills is wrong. If it's a game in which you think you can buy your way to #1 then so be it. I'll be content knowing the game I play is considered a better e-sport than yours.

You get the idea.
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2011-07-17 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    simply. hon, why ?, higher skill cap, also unlike LoL its not a pay2win game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meezo View Post
    simply. hon, why ?, higher skill cap, also unlike LoL its not a pay2win game.
    Lol @ you, that is all.

Surely when it's been pointed out at least 10 times before in this thread, making dumb comments like is considered trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ you, that is all.
    im sorry are you saying LoL isnt a pay2win game?

Deleted
    Tell me what you pay to win champ.

In your opinion.

Edit: Last match I played, first blood was at 1:55.

Game before than, 2:10.

Every game, there's at least 2-3 kills in our lane, in the first 10 minutes. This misconception of farm to get kills is wrong. If it's a game in which you think you can buy your way to #1 then so be it. I'll be content knowing the game I play is considered a better e-sport than yours.

You get the idea.
    By whom? MLG? The tournament that hosts Guitar Hero? Meanwhile, NASL (pretty much the top NA pc e-sports organization) just picked up HoN.

Deleted
    Yes, that's exactly what it isn't.

Deleted
    By whom? MLG? The tournament that hosts Guitar Hero? Meanwhile, NASL (pretty much the top NA pc e-sports organization) just picked up HoN.
    Guess you've never heard of IEM either huh?

Trying to be neutral here but LoL fanboys will bash this post in matter of minutes I guess.
    You say you're being neutral and then say everyone who doesn't agree with you is a fanboy.

[Achievement Unlocked:Victim of irony] Gz.

HoN is a DotA copy with good graphics. 10 unique heroes and 4 items, LoL brings new stuff like neutral buffs, global gold for killing dragon, SUMMONER SPELLS which are just briliant( you can get damage,slows,speed or even a blink depending on how you want to play), talent trees, +stats runes and items with stacks:each time you kill someone you gain ap/ad/hp.

Go LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me what you pay to win champ.
    sure, you can pay to move through units, pay to port, now you may say ohh but they are not very important, but yet they are, they effect the game play.
    also most OP heroes are only available through paying

Deleted
    sure, you can pay to move through units, pay to port, now you may say ohh but they are not very important, but yet they are, they effect the game play.
    also most OP heroes are only available through paying
    Lol, what the fuck? You've obviously never played LoL before.

Btw, All champions are available to everyone:

450 IP
    1350 IP
    3350 IP
    4800 IP
    6400 IP.

See any RP there? No? Thought not.

Guess you've never heard of IEM either huh?
    HoN was in ESL too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, what the fuck? You've obviously never played LoL before.

Btw, All champions are available to everyone:

450 IP
    1350 IP
    3350 IP
    4800 IP
    6400 IP.

See any RP there? No? Thought not.
    ye idd, you can just play for 3 months and get a hero, ppl do that they dont pay real moneys at all kk