350. This poll is closed
  • Heroes of Newerth

110 31.43%
  • League of Legends

219 62.57%
  • Both!

21 6.00%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    LoL is very forgiving game. It's very easy to be at least decent here. As new player you don't really have to care about many things. Like denying,warding and most important of all..you don't care about your death so much (because you don't lost gold). It's also free to play, so actually this game has very easy way to get new players and keep them. LoL is and will be more populated thanks to these simple things. Also LoL has more (for now) tournaments thx to big audience following the game. It's easy, more players you have, more sponsors you will get.

But if we are talking about game itself, I believe HoN is just better. You don't need to buy or farm anything. You are immediately on same playing field with other players and you can enjoy whole content in the game. Also replays helps a lot. Also I like fast paced games so HoN got another plus here for me. Of course...importance of being alive and denying in lane phase is very good for semi-competitive players. And for personal preference trees > bushes, HoN items >> LoL items, HoN jungling > LoL jungling... for champions and heroes.. Both game have very interesting line up and both games have fair share of unbalances here and there.

Overall, I think HoN is just better game but I wont stop playing LoL..As I said ..LoL is very forgiving when you suck or are just new.Sometimes I know I will suck, I don't have mood to fully focus on this style of game so it's better play LoL in this case... Good thing...even if you suck in LoL, you still may have fun. While in HoN it's just very frustrating.

Oh, and both communities are just bad...like very bad, but in HoN is more difficult to be at least decent player. While bads in LoL are very new players or just ..you know..players who are really really bad in MOBA games and probably will never get better.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    That is all I wanted, some arguements. I respect your opinion, but just saying DotA>HoN>LoL is just stupid and in no way helps this thread at all. This is a thread about discussing what you prefer and why.
    A closer look at the OP's question:

"Which do you prefer, in all honesty? Or do you, like me, play both based on which friends play which?"

He only asked the "what" part, not necessarily the "why" part. I was only trying to clarify my vote in the poll, and the distance between my preferences.

Anyway, just ignore me. I'm just ranting because all the kids today just brag how awesome HoN/LoL are, while DotA is awesome too. Just because it's older doesn't make it worse than other versions.

Deleted
    It's very easy to be at least decent here
    So I take it you're at least 1800 Elo in LoL right?

That's what the LoL community defines as "decent", there's a reason anything lower than 1600 is considered Elo hell.

Don't confuse the two seperate games, that's ranked games, and levelling. Really. It's 2 totally seperate games.

It's very easy to play LoL for 10-15 games, not break level 10, and thinks it's full of baddies. If you really think that, then A) Your Win/loss ratio is just terrible, and you're being matched against people of the same "skill level" or B) You've not got out of "noobie island" so to speak, and are still playing with people learning. You can't really classify that LoL is easy/bad to play unless you're at least 30.

Sorry, but that's how it is.
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2011-07-17 at 05:28 PM.

Leesa.. I am not.. i am hoping back and forth between 1600-1700 but it really doesn't matter... Fact is ... LoL is forgiving and it's easy to be "decent" ..you know what decent is? Decent in HoN is someone who do not fall under 1200 mark after few days of playing..basically someone who will keep his 1500 rating at least. (in another words someone with clue and 50% win rate)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Leesa.. I am not.. i am hoping back and forth between 1600-1700 but it really doesn't matter... Fact is ... LoL is forgiving and it's easy to be "decent" ..you know what decent is? Decent in HoN is someone who do not fall under 1200 mark after few days of playing..basically someone who will keep his 1500 rating at least. (in another words someone with clue and 50% win rate)
    Perhaps it is. But, if you're still in Elo hell and can't get out of it...how is that easy? Unless you're carrying every game hard and being let down by allies 24/7 then I can understand it, but I can't see it happening every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Perhaps it is. But, if you're still in Elo hell and can't get out of it...how is that easy? Unless you're carrying every game hard and being let down by allies 24/7 then I can understand it, but I can't see it happening every game.
    I am not talking about pro scene or top tier games. I am talking about normal, very casual games and why it's easier and why community in these games seems to be nicer. That's it.

Deleted
    So i decided to try LoL. Download, install, sign up and shit. Loging in... QUEUE 1 hour??? And keeps jumping up every few minutes?? Say whaaat??? And thats how my LoL career finished before it started. LOL indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    So i decided to try LoL. Download, install, sign up and shit. Loging in... QUEUE 1 hour??? And keeps jumping up every few minutes?? Say whaaat??? And thats how my LoL career finished before it started. LOL indeed.
    Weekend - Check
    Peak log in time - Check.

What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerialdewd View Post
    Both LoL and HoN fans keep posting without any knowledge about the other title
    HoN isn't a Dota copy, I agree it could be said two years ago, because HoN started as a port of really old version of Dota. From that point they developed into two distinct games and today's HoN doesn't have much in common with Dota (except the old hero ports which work differently because of different balance and game mechanics)

As you just said in your post, LoL introduced a layer of "summoner talents/runes/abilities" which make the game a bit unfair imo, because the ones who bought boosts are the only ones who can afford having for example 3 runepages for each playstyle
    I played LoL for a full year and still play when I feel like it and having above 500 victories, I didn't accumulate enough points for more than one full runepage and several more expensive heroes (and I bough my fair share of RP too)
    I played LoL since autumn last year and played HoN during beta, free weekends, on a friends account, and even a private server. With my 2 years of DotA and the months I played HoN I can honestly say I liked and still like DotA way more than HoN.

Also, I, atm, like playing LoL more than DotA, hence why(but not the only reason) I think LoL>HoN

because the ones who bought boosts are the only ones who can afford having for example 3 runepages for each playstyle
    You don't need runes to be good. They give a slight advantage, yea, but it's not gamebreaking .

Also, you don't NEED 3 runepages. I have a friend with ~600 victories that has 3 runepages and enough runes for another page. Thus, you can actualy get lots of runes.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    LoL has more and bigger boobs. The end =D

Deleted
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=270034

The linked thread was appalling to read and along with this thread puts me off HoN as a game completely. I don't want to join a community that greets newcomers with a flamethrower and a bazooka.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilppari View Post
    LoL has more and bigger boobs. The end =D
    Those phantom dancers...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Stop playing in Europe from China/North America/ Some third world country.

I tried that too and had to wait 30 mins to log on my EU acc from Canada. Switched to N America and insta-login.

Don't quit something because you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Weekend - Check
    Peak log in time - Check.

What did you expect?
    Also this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele was nice enough not to close this thread and hope you would be mature enough to knock of the bickering by wanring multiple times. Apparently, he trusts too much.

I on the other hand, am not as nice. Closing.