15+ Year Old Account

Soloing Ony (Tips)

Anyone have any tips for this?

I can get down to the whelp phase, but the whelps either eat me alive or eat my pet alive. When I heal my pet, I pull aggro and get destroyed, if I don't pull aggro, my pet gets destroyed.

I'm BM, with a scarab pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to know also. I tried it once and got to the whelp phase but got destroyed trying to heal my pet. I did it as MM with a bear pet(don't have another tank pet right now).
    Thanks to Eis for the awesome sig.
    (Main)
    Kyllaa Syliria Compactdisc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylayia View Post
    I would like to know also. I tried it once and got to the whelp phase but got destroyed trying to heal my pet. I did it as MM with a bear pet(don't have another tank pet right now).
    You almost definately need a turtle for the Shell Shield ability. Your pet will be destroyed without it. Other than that, I can't offer anymore help. I tried and failed at this part too but my failings were getting the big ones to despawn properly.

t5 + MD/Multi + mendpet/FD should be enough

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    You almost definately need a turtle for the Shell Shield ability. Your pet will be destroyed without it. Other than that, I can't offer anymore help. I tried and failed at this part too but my failings were getting the big ones to despawn properly.

Definitely get a turtle. Best survivability Tenacity pet out there.

I was able to do it once, and only once about 4 months ago. Was the only time I ever really tried, I tried it as MM but just didnt have the damage to take down the whelps. Your best bet is go to Surv with a turtle pet, because serpent spread bypasses AoE unit caps, allowing you to burst down the whelps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    t5 + MD/Multi + mendpet/FD should be enough

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 08:21 PM ----------

Definitely get a turtle. Best survivability Tenacity pet out there.

Scarab has the exact same buff, just so you guys know.

Anyways, T5? Hmm.. I wonder if I can solo Void Reaver..

Deleted
    Void Reaver is easy to solo just let the pet tank and go around the boss in circles from afar to avoid those lightning bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Scarab has the exact same buff, just so you guys know.

Anyways, T5? Hmm.. I wonder if I can solo Void Reaver..
    Yea, but turtle has more/better skins ;-)))

And yes, you can solo the LootReaver. If a Protadin can do it postWoG nerf, so can you. Just watch out for the silence bombs, keep MD on pet, MendPet constant, and he will drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scutajar View Post
    Void Reaver is easy to solo just let the pet tank and go around the boss in circles from afar to avoid those lightning bolts.
    Just found out I had two unused tokens for t5 in bank, don't really need to do it now :P

Gonna try again once I pick those up, this time I got glyph of MD as well so I shouldn't die, and hopefully my pet won't die with the T5.

Great.. I only have shoulders.. guess I am going to try and solo Leo.

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 03:20 AM ----------

Yeah, I quit.

My pet sucks at AOE aggro, so I get destroyed. I can just barely make it before he gets good aggro but then he dies.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2011-07-19 at 01:35 AM.