Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best raiding guild in WoW history?

Who do you think over the past 7 years can be called the best raiding guild in WoW history?

Don't say "Ensidia they've been getting top 10 world kills since the start.". No, Ensidia didn't form until Wrath, so they have a few under their belts, but not as many, that'd be either SK gaming/Nihilum

Honestly, I'll say Nihilum is the best, they have so much done, it's a shame they lost on KJ though
    99 problems but a Lich ain't one...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandax9472 View Post
    Who do you think over the past 7 years can be called the best raiding guild in WoW history?

Don't say "Ensidia they've been getting top 10 world kills since the start.". No, Ensidia didn't form until Wrath, so they have a few under their belts, but not as many, that'd be either SK gaming/Nihilum

Honestly, I'll say Nihilum is the best, they have so much done, it's a shame they lost on KJ though
    We're perfectly allowed to say Ensidia.

Professional Track Sprinting has existed for a long ass time, yet Usain Bolt is widely considered the best sprinter in the world (as he has the World Record) even though he's only had it for a few years.

Nihilum was really good. SK was really good. Ensidia is the joint efforts of two really good guilds, which naturally makes them extremely good.

It's perfectly ok to say Ensidia.

Personally, I'm going to say Paragon, because Finland is NOT a big country. And to find so many good players, with a much smaller selection - that's impressive.

I wonder HOW they found all these awesome players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paragon aren't all from Finland :/ and they really only did well in LK/T1 Cata :/

Personally I'd say SK/Ni/Ensidia Combo (although the chop and change)

My personal favorite is Death and Taxes. Simply because they were a "top guild" that was VERY, VERY against the grain. Instead of every statement having some sort of PR representative writing it, DnT basically exposed guild whores, talked tons of shit, and got the job done repeatedly.

method all the way!

Maybe death and taxes back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandax9472 View Post

Depends how you want to look at it. Nihilum did pretty well all of TBC and vanilla, with SK gaming take the ends of Sunwell, Ensidia prett much stole the competition when they combined till i guess ICC hit, and now paragon has taken over. I feel like if you want to go with best raiding guild you'd have to look at whos been around the longest and stayed in the top 10. Maybe Vodka? i hate to be U.S. biased but they've been around since well.. literally the start and still remain one of the best raiding guilds out there. If you count all of Sk and Nihilums achievements as Ensidias (which i feel they shouldn't) then Ensidia is historically the best raiding guild in WoW, with paragon currently being the best. Butt seeing how i don't think other guild achievements should count towards newly formed ones its hard to give a guild who raided seriously for 2 expansion a lead over one who has been here all along.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-07-16 at 06:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but I had always liked Death and Taxes. Probably for some of the reasons Wheeler stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    Paragon aren't all from Finland :/ and they really only did well in LK/T1 Cata :/

Personally I'd say SK/Ni/Ensidia Combo (although the chop and change)
    You do know that Paragon is currently ranked number one, and is very much in the running for World first Raggy HC, right?

Not trying to be all fanboy-defensive, it's just that you make it sound as if they're doing a shitty job now, even though they're in the LEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    We're perfectly allowed to say Ensidia.

Professional Track Sprinting has existed for a long ass time, yet Usain Bolt is widely considered the best sprinter in the world (as he has the World Record) even though he's only had it for a few years.

Nihilum was really good. SK was really good. Ensidia is the joint efforts of two really good guilds, which naturally makes them extremely good.

It's perfectly ok to say Ensidia.

Personally, I'm going to say Paragon, because Finland is NOT a big country. And to find so many good players, with a much smaller selection - that's impressive.

I wonder HOW they found all these awesome players.
    IMO, not a valid excuse for not choosing Ensidia over Paragon.
    A couple things to add:
    STARS has been exceptional, at the very top since they were created/re-rolled.
    ENSIDIA was an amalgamation of two guilds that had previously been top-5 world wide, so the time that ENSIDIA's players were in SKGAMING/NIHILUM & until they became 21stnovember/ENSIDIA could be counted as ENSIDIA.
    Paragon is the top right now, but has only been so for about a year.

IMO, STARS has the most dedicated and skilled core, while Ensidia has the greatest legacy, and Paragon is the current leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that Paragon is currently ranked number one, and is very much in the running for World first Raggy HC, right?

Not trying to be all fanboy-defensive, it's just that you make it sound as if they're doing a shitty job now, even though they're in the LEAD.
    If you check WoW-progress, Paragon and Method are actually tied :P
    99 problems but a Lich ain't one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Goon Squad was awesome

They are in the lead, but them having a solid two tiers of 1st place isn't exactly some huge legacy. If you do count SK/Nihilums World First as part of Ensidias legacy, Paragon has to stay in the lead for the next 2ish expansions to even come close. Just because someone is the best now, doesn't mean they are the best of all time, this isn't spring as someone tried to compare it to. A guild doesn't run a time, and then another guild do the same.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aliancekill View Post
    Maybe death and taxes back in the day?
    I might have to agree, they Dominated Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account

they are tied with Method, check your fact's first sinshine.

Every guild has their moments in the sun, Paragons has been for the last two tiers, but they are slowly being brought back into the "crowd" by Method etc.

AFAIK all from Paragon are finnish since they speak it on ventrilo

Deleted
    Paragon.. They stole Ensidias soul and made Kungen STFU

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    I might have to agree, they Dominated Vanilla
    According to records they "dominated" about 1 tier, with nihilum still coming out with the world first on both c'thun and kt, before them it was fury, and conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nihilum / SK / Ensidia or Method
    Definitely one of those two groups of players.
    "The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    they are tied with Method, check your fact's first sinshine.

Every guild has their moments in the sun, Paragons has been for the last two tiers, but they are slowly being brought back into the "crowd" by Method etc.
    Uhm... if they're TIED for first place... it still means that they're in FIRST PLACE.

I fail to see where I was wrong here. Sunshine.