1. #1
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    208

    Tour de france thread.

    Well, as the world's biggest cycling event has started, what do you think about what has happend so far in the event?

    Yesterday was an especially dramatic lap, 10th. And 7-8 of the participants that have dropped out, of 17 in total dropped out in 1 day.

    As i'm from norway im happy that the 2 participants from our country have done very well so far, Thor Hushovd has already had the yellow shirt for a week. And Edvald Boason Hagen won one of the sprints to the finish.

    Is anyone else interested in this or?

  2. #2
    Yes, still interested altough less so then on saturday.
    I'm from Belgium that's why


    Oh and sunday's stage was the 9th

  3. #3
    Poor, poor Johnny Hoogerland :S
    The new dutch hero, after Kenny van Hummel!

  4. #4
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    208
    What happend to Hoogerland was a tragedy really, thankfully the driver got suspended for life.

  5. #5
    that car... /ban
    same with the motor and Sorensen btw

  6. #6
    Epic! stabetha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    middle of the desert U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,607
    yeah Thor had a very impressive week. being from the U.S.A. I was pretty impressed with that american kid from htc on sat that was a great ride for someone that young and I'm sure we'll be seeing more from him in the future.

    now for the bad this year: as we saw yesterday with the crash late in the day with the breakout there are just to many vehicles for those tiny little roads.
    they really screwed up the green jersey competition.I've been paying attention to the tour since before Lance Armstrong won his first (but they never played it on tv from start to finish here until he had like 4 or 5 wins) and this is the worst year I can remember, Mark Cavendish is undoubtedly the fastest sprinter in the race and he is like 60 points behind.
    “If you are taught bitterness and anger, then you will believe you are a victim. You will feel aggrieved and the twin brother of aggrievment is entitlement. So now you think you are owed something and you don’t have to work for it and now you’re on a really bad road to nowhere because there are people who will play to that sense of victimhood, aggrievement and entitlement, and you still won’t have a job.” - Condoleezza Rice

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    they really screwed up the green jersey competition.I've been paying attention to the tour since before Lance Armstrong won his first (but they never played it on tv from start to finish here until he had like 4 or 5 wins) and this is the worst year I can remember, Mark Cavendish is undoubtedly the fastest sprinter in the race and he is like 60 points behind.
    That's because there are only a handfull of mass-sprint stages. Other stages are basically tailor-made for Gilbert.
    Oh and Cav lost today in a mass-sprint, he also lost in stage 4 in a mass sprint. He ain't that good this year.
    Last edited by Zapp; 2011-07-12 at 05:08 PM.

  8. #8
    Epic! stabetha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    middle of the desert U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    That's because there are only a handfull of mass-sprint stages. Other stages are basically tailor-made for Gilbert.
    Oh and Cav lost today in a mass-sprint, he also lost in stage 4 in a mass sprint. He ain't that good this year.
    he lost today because the guy in green jersey that isn't a sprinter tore the peloton apart on the climb. he lost in stage 4 because he was cut off and the two that did it were disqualified.
    “If you are taught bitterness and anger, then you will believe you are a victim. You will feel aggrieved and the twin brother of aggrievment is entitlement. So now you think you are owed something and you don’t have to work for it and now you’re on a really bad road to nowhere because there are people who will play to that sense of victimhood, aggrievement and entitlement, and you still won’t have a job.” - Condoleezza Rice

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    he lost today because the guy in green jersey that isn't a sprinter tore the peloton apart on the climb. he lost in stage 4 because he was cut off and the two that did it were disqualified.
    Cav got what he deserved. Gongrats Greipel!

  10. #10
    Stage 4? Mur de Bretagne?
    He couldn't have won even if he tried. He finished 150th, over 4 minutes after Cadel Evans... You must be mistaken with another stage or something

  11. #11
    Excuse me but you wrote the title wrong...

    THOR DE FRANCE***

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •