Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I used to play a paladin as my main, but one day I decided to level a rogue to farm herbs and alchemy, cuz they are totally awesome for farm, better than druid imo (stealth + sap FTW), and when I started do heroic dungeons with him I loved and now my rogue is main and my paladin is just an alt to farm ore and vp. But I think the same the op, I hardly have seen rogues been played, mostly in PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause the majority of players are bad and can't handle a high skill cap class.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

I played all the classes and yeah, the rogue seems to be the most boring imo...

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wish rogues had more "Flashy" looking spells aside from smoke bomb, fan of knives, and cloak of shadows.
    Not really sure what blizzard could add, but i do find rogues boring to play at the moment as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Deleted
    So sad But it makes me want to reroll but I'm in the same position as I have 10k achieves now, near 100 mounts, Ashes of Al'ar...Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Actually we have an overpopulation of warlocks on my server. Rogues are the other hand do seem to be the most seldom played class; most likely due to being the most fragile melee class, being harder to level than other classes, and relying on setting up your combat entrances with stealth rather than running right in.

on my combat rogue i just run in and start beating on the target. we dont use openers as combat.

Deleted
    I played a rogue in BC because it was so cool and extreme, specially doing world PvP but now with the big health pools and the RNG I don't feel like playing it anymore. Also for PvE I find it extremely boring.

To be honest I think the reason people aren't playing rogues is because they have not changed much at all over the course of wow. I mean assassination has been the same since wrath (You didn't raid as assass in BC) and I didn't play during vanilla so I can not comment on that. Ive been playing my rogue for a long long time, since the middle of burning crusade, and for some reason no matter how many other classes I try I always come back to the rogue. And don't let people say "We aren't doing top DPS because of the class" If you are raiding with a perfect group of raiders that have pretty good gear and are all really really good at what they do then yeah you could run into the "Well rogues aren't doing the best damage" but to be fair how many of us have a perfect core of raiders who will always do their rotation flawlessly? Even as a rogue I can still end up within the top 1-4 on most fights. Excluding fights that just punish you for being a melee which blizzard has to happily continued to do so even after the abomination that was T11 content.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got a rogue toon too but as said it is really a pain leveling it..
    I never was that type of player that kills stuff one by one..i was more the AOE type. Rouges gets their aoe very late, cause of that you get less EXP and so the leveling takes longer + they get heavy spanking... a adding Mob can cause your death if Vanish is on CD. In instances you do minor DPS on trashpulls. You do good on Bosses but so are the Mages Hunters and other AOE Classes too so your overal DPS seems low compared to others.

I leveled my rogue up to 76 wich was a pain imo. I died alot, i respecct alot to find a good leveling spec. then i met some rogues in pvP who did some serious burst an me in Stunlock so i tried my toon again but quit questing after a few quests and one instance..

For Locks.. i think the Playstyles is rather hard imo. I never liked Dots and always watching trackingbars to refresh dots. A second too early or too late and you lose tons of damage.... Demo is quite complex you need alot of buttons + petskills and you mostly need al those too, i couldnt get used to it and the talking of the Guard drove me crazy. I started my WL when i saw some guy in kara sacreficing his Succy and spammed Shadowbolts..i wanted to test that too but the Playstyle got nerfed and changed shortly after. Then i leveled as a Destrolock cause i really enjoyed the Playstyle it had in BC and Wrath. But once again it got nerfed and changed. I dont like the new Soulfire and Soulshard stuff so i quit leveling her at 74

The only Think i miss is Seed of corruption. I realy loved that Spell through all ages.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-07-16 at 09:17 PM.

My rogue is 9th 85 dinged , am not the one who play fotm , but i like leveling , now all are 85s

rogue atm comes after my main " Druid " , then paladin then hunter.

i find her fun , i leveled warlock after my rogue dinged , but just to fill list with 85s

my avatar is my druid , my sig is my rogue
    Last edited by Jrs418; 2011-07-16 at 09:49 PM.

xXx English is not my first language xXx

10+ Year Old Account
    Beats me, but one reason I loooove my rogue so much, is the Envenom sound effect

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    So I was having a debate with someone, I play Rogue, he plays Lock and we were discussing why both classes are the least played, Rogues more so.

I spoke to some top Rogues on my realm and they all dislike Rogue atm, it's making me want to reroll too

So other Rogues, why do you think we're the least played and would you re-roll from us?

I personally think it's to do with, a little Rogue stabbing at Deathwing's little toe compared to what other classes do, doesn't make sense/sound effective and is quite laughable, or it's simply the fact that people don't like the idea of Rogues and Warlocks
    Haha funny thing is I play a rogue as my main and a warlock as my alt! Oh my, I feel low class now...

Current UI : Download
    Boss Kills: YouTube | Vimeo

i play rogue and i must admit, leveling before cata was a pain in the @$$, but having mut at level 11 was redonculous, they do take alot of damage but can counter that with the right cooldowns, anyone who doesnt always have recup up will most likely die

So I was having a debate with someone, I play Rogue, he plays Lock and we were discussing why both classes are the least played, Rogues more so.

I spoke to some top Rogues on my realm and they all dislike Rogue atm, it's making me want to reroll too

So other Rogues, why do you think we're the least played and would you re-roll from us?

I personally think it's to do with, a little Rogue stabbing at Deathwing's little toe compared to what other classes do, doesn't make sense/sound effective and is quite laughable, or it's simply the fact that people don't like the idea of Rogues and Warlocks
    My main is a rogue, and I love her to death. (Hence the Sig and avatar of her)
    I also have a Mage, Lock, Hunter, DK, Warrior, Shaman, Priest, Druid and Paladin.....

Rogue dps is 100 times more fun then any of the other dps I listed.

No I will not reroll, I love my rogue

Deleted

The fault is from blizz , they have redesigned every class in the game but let rogue to the same rate that was since classic wow. Ppl like new things and playing a class that dont offer something new its doom for the respective class. Many amazing rogues in my server have stopped (pvers) and why not ? Playing combat for several years and with the same things to do is kinda dead end for those ppl . ** The only spamm that i'm seeing in my server every week is (Lf rogue last spot for bh)

Deleted
    Because we have 2 dead specs for PvP and people can't stand spending time playing the same spec over and over again, for example every other class can get a different play style by going another spec if they are bored and have fun, this is obviously accurate for Hybrid classes that have 2 or more roles available, tanking, dps and healing. However, rogue is the only pure dps class that is forced into sub for PvP, other specs are not viable at all, not even on the "just for fun" level. A frost mage can go arcane and enjoy 40k+ crits and laugh in BG's. An affliction warlock can go destruction (quite weak to be honest, but still usuable for BG's) or demonology and enjoy a more burst instead of DoT play style in BG's. Hunters can go with an OP pet or a more solo and ranged attacks, yet rogues will be forced to play sub because of the lack of gap closers in combat and assassination.

I am aware of these problems, but I always play rogue and never anabdon it. Rogue 4 life.

Deleted
    The awesomeness of our class overwhelms people.

Too hard and we don't do enough dmg.

honestly i just got bored with my rogue, mainly due to t11 content hatin on melee classes.
    but all the specs feel so similar too. I was Unholy on my DK alt then decided to give Frost a go, totally different feel to the spec! Suddenly i feel like a fast paced killing machine! while as a rogue i tried all 3 specs for pve and it pretty much felt like the same thing.
    do i have recoup up? oh wait i'm rolling combat this week.
    i could pretty much have a "builder" button, "finisher" button and "Keep this up" button for all 3 specs

but the biggest slap in the face was the re-build to my beloved combat spec.
    blizz says "we're gonna make classes more interactive!"
    i say "YAY!
    they give us a 1 more button to push (revealing strike) and a shitty buff that makes it even harder to switch targets...
    thats not interactive thats just frustrating...
    if the parking meter only let you buy 5 minute tickets would that be

A) making parking more interactive *or*
    B) frustrating

that said i still love my rogue, i just wish Blizzard would love him too.

I don't play a rogue because the melee dps class I plan is an enhancement shaman. Main is and always will be a mage through.