10+ Year Old Account

Smile Suggest an upgrade!

Hey there guys, pretty soon my birthday will be upon me and its a great boost to the amount of money i will have, si i was thinking about buying an upgrade for my computer, but am not really sure what would make the most difference and what is compatible, so i figured most of the people here would know more about it than i would -
    System specs:
    Alienware M17x 64-Bit based PC
    Intel core 2 quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00 Ghz , 2001 Mhz , 4 cores , 4 logival processors
    4.00 GB ram
    I know its not the best and its a laptop so not easy to upgrade, let me know if theres anything else you need to know about, and thanks in advance for the help

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing you really can upgrade that *might* need to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't that mean that the computer is the best it can possibly be? I get from 15-25 FPS on a custom settings set that varys from low to good, doesn't that seem low for this computer or is that just me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that the computer is the best it can possibly be? I get from 15-25 FPS on a custom settings set that varys from low to good, doesn't that seem low for this computer or is that just me
    Short of replacing it ....

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't upgrade anything in the laptop that would increase your FPS.

Laptops suck for upgrading =\
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You "can't" (or rather, shouldn't attempt) make upgrades that would increase your FPS; ie, CPU, motherboard and GPU.
    You could add an SSD or more RAM, but it would be more akin to lifesupport and a waste to invest more money into that computer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya laptops are rough. Look into building one. Get a GREAT puter for around $800