Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Sorry but you want another defensive cd? FFS be happy that you annihilate casters, how do you even dare to ask for a defense against physical, do you want to be invincible?
    This is why I said I would be happy to take a NERF to AMS in trade for a bump in physical ONLY damage reduction to IBF. I'm actually trying to balance the class not leave it broken. That would be a PURE damage reduction loss of 20% on IBF and a longer CD on AMS (read NERF vs CASTERS) in trade for a way to handle a melee train. Since you admittedly don't play competitive PvP you won't understand this. I'm not saying my class is weak or even needs a buff. It needs a little balance it's too strong against casters and too weak against physical classes.

And i don't do arena atm (except for points with a rogue wich works very well)
    If you don't do competitive PvP why throw a big fit and complain. That's like asking to slow Nascar's down because they go faster than you when you drive the go carts at the county fair. Random BG's are full of terrible players that don't get PvP or anything about class balance. They are absolutely NO measuring stick for class balance. Some of them will have full T2 against your blues and you will of course get shreaded. But that doesn't mean they are OP.

You are just defending your class here (i can understand that) but i don't buy what you say. And i enjoy fire, not frost. I already said that fire has weak defense, its in the begin of my post.
    No actually I said DK's and Warriors hard counter Priests and that isn't right. If you didn't want you spec choice brought into this then why mention it at all. My guess is that you realized it made you sound retarded and are now back peddling... I guess I understand it comes naturally to S keyers in WoW.

I come in annoyed on these kinds of subjects because usually its nerf x because they counter me not balance this because it counters me. The other problem is that people that don't even competitively play throw hissy fits and get Dev attn when often nothing is really wrong. One example is people complaining about Obliterate early 4.1 no DK's over 1800 used it and few under 1k but a bunch on no resilience retards in greens said they got hit for 50k and the strike got nerfed even though most DKs dropped Rime because they never even used Oblit except under VERY and I mean VERY rare circumstances. Idgaf personally because it didn't effect me BUT it wasn't fair to those that PvE only and took a nerf because a bunch of bad players complained.

The big issue I take with you is that you gave no real balancing ideas you just cried. There are a million terrible players starting QQ threads go join one of those treads if you aren't going to add in productive feedback.

I suspect these are bots, but they can also be assholes.
    This is further evidence that you are clueless about this game as a whole let alone PvP. Bots don't play the game for you they automate button presses that control macro's and scripts to keep you from being flagged AFK and they use follow macros/addons keep them in combat. If you watch them they pretty much only follow friendly players.

Also im sorry but you blame me for acting like a special snowflake and then post this...
    I'm not quite sure what that means with the whole "and then post this" thing but oh well I'll give it a go . My view is shared by a majority of decent players. If you chose to play a sub par spec don't complain. I play a competitive spec and I offer balance suggestions not giant tears.

But yes, you shouldn't survive for more than 2 minutes without peels vrs a warrior and no more than 1 minute without peels vrs a dk. (if they have half a brain)

The thing about it is in arena discs have lots of ways to get away from them, and if they decide to go for you they're over extending most likely in which case both of your teammates should instantly switch and make them pay for ever even looking at you.
    One of the only people that knows what they are talking about. Take his advice and you will start less of these threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrtnap View Post
    This is why I said I would be happy to take a NERF to AMS in trade for a bump in physical ONLY damage reduction to IBF. I'm actually trying to balance the class not leave it broken. That would be a PURE damage reduction loss of 20% on IBF and a longer CD on AMS (read NERF vs CASTERS) in trade for a way to handle a melee train. Since you admittedly don't play competitive PvP you won't understand this. I'm not saying my class is weak or even needs a buff. It needs a little balance it's too strong against casters and too weak against physical classes.

If you don't do competitive PvP why throw a big fit and complain. That's like asking to slow Nascar's down because they go faster than you when you drive the go carts at the county fair. Random BG's are full of terrible players that don't get PvP or anything about class balance. They are absolutely NO measuring stick for class balance. Some of them will have full T2 against your blues and you will of course get shreaded. But that doesn't mean they are OP.

No actually I said DK's and Warriors hard counter Priests and that isn't right. If you didn't want you spec choice brought into this then why mention it at all. My guess is that you realized it made you sound retarded and are now back peddling... I guess I understand it comes naturally to S keyers in WoW.

I come in annoyed on these kinds of subjects because usually its nerf x because they counter me not balance this because it counters me. The other problem is that people that don't even competitively play throw hissy fits and get Dev attn when often nothing is really wrong. One example is people complaining about Obliterate early 4.1 no DK's over 1800 used it and few under 1k but a bunch on no resilience retards in greens said they got hit for 50k and the strike got nerfed even though most DKs dropped Rime because they never even used Oblit except under VERY and I mean VERY rare circumstances. Idgaf personally because it didn't effect me BUT it wasn't fair to those that PvE only and took a nerf because a bunch of bad players complained.

The big issue I take with you is that you gave no real balancing ideas you just cried. There are a million terrible players starting QQ threads go join one of those treads if you aren't going to add in productive feedback.

This is further evidence that you are clueless about this game as a whole let alone PvP. Bots don't play the game for you they automate button presses that control macro's and scripts to keep you from being flagged AFK and they use follow macros/addons keep them in combat. If you watch them they pretty much only follow friendly players.

I'm not quite sure what that means with the whole "and then post this" thing but oh well I'll give it a go . My view is shared by a majority of decent players. If you chose to play a sub par spec don't complain. I play a competitive spec and I offer balance suggestions not giant tears.

One of the only people that knows what they are talking about. Take his advice and you will start less of these threads.
    Ok. I didn't actually read this. Because i know it's going to be full of insults fancied up by what seems like semi-smart talk.

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 05:36 AM ----------

Actually im going stop reading this thread altogether.

Because reactions are: L2P, Get better gear (wich i already have at this point), people defending their class and claiming to be super pro.

Thanks for nothing people. Respect for the people who made constructive posts however.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-07-18 at 05:16 AM.

Mmo-champion will need a new filter that finds out noobs like this, opening threads with topics that throw shit at <class> then cause a riot between the people that have that <class> and the ones that get steamrolled by them.

This is where most of the noobs hit that invisible wall. Even though wow is an easy game in general, you still need a brain that weighs more than 1 gram(and the ability to use at least 20% of it) and knowledge about classes so you can actually hunt down those <class>es that kill you easily.

Deleted
    Respect to you all that gave him the information how to play better ofcourse, but the others, please avoid using "l2p" as the only reply. Its just annoying and im tired of seeing it in every help-me-in-PvP thread.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2011-07-18 at 11:58 AM.

Ok. I didn't actually read this. Because i know it's going to be full of insults fancied up by what seems like semi-smart talk.
    We both know you read it and just don't have anything to refute it with. No one can resist reading a thread directly arguing with their PoV. The people that do have that kind of self control also can resist trying to make witty comebacks... oh wait...

what did u expect dumbass lol

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Okay mr-i-am-so-awesome.

Geez seems this thread just attracts trolls.

---------- Post added 2011-07-17 at 08:12 PM ----------

You are trolling, don't deny it.

---------- Post added 2011-07-17 at 08:13 PM ----------

There is no problem with ret imo, i think they are balanced. They are annoying but meh all classes are.

no u are a troll for making this bullshit QQ post

I wouldn't be opposed to this. In my opinion AMS (especially for UH) is complete BS, but IBF isn't strong enough. What I would like to see is some sort of damage reduction for DKs that actually comes with a DPS tradeoff, ex: Bear Form, Shield Wall, Divine Shield, Ice Block, Dispersion...

Yeah, Blizzard was looking at the wrong ability there.

@OP: Play FROST. Quit bitching. Profit.

If you refuse to play the one truly viable spec for your class then shut up and quit bitching. You wanting to be a snowflake has nothing to do with either of those classes being OP. The problem is just you being dead weight for your teammates and is why you have such HUGE problems with DK and Warriors though. I play Frost DK some people think its completely subpar but go and look on GOOD BG's (like Bloodlust) and roughly 40% of DK's are Frost at the top of the ladder. I'm lucky I get 2 choices because the best spec comes down to comp but sadly most classes don't. But you chose a class that has 1 extremely viable choice and not playing it makes you a bad teammate if your team is looking to be successful beyond the 1800's.

Yes DK's hard counter Priests. Anyone above 1.8k knows this. It isn't a revelation to the world. BUT if your teammates aren't peeling for you then something is wrong. Yes AMS makes the DK unpeelable for the first crucial moments of a meleecleave's rushdown and if a warriors there tough luck for a Priest. But you can usually hamper at least one member of the melee train.

There are things you can do though like run a comp with peels. Like get one of those Frost Mage thingies and then maybe those ninja guys and completely shit all over both of those classes. Now idk what comp you run but almost all comps can peel well enough to beat 50% of meleecleaves.

This is a correct and easily provable statement. DK's lost a lot of needed survivability against MELEE and are easy meat for PHYSICAL damage classes. But then again most other classes can be too. DK's need 1 CD against physical damage imo. I would take an extra 20 sec CD on AMS in exchange for a 40-50% Physical ONLY damage reduction spell or some kind of Glyph to bump Death Strike up into the 10-12% range if you've been hit with a melee strike in the last 5 secs.

Obviously anything works in the sub 1500's where everyone has 359's and is dumb enough to run 2 of the same class. I'm sorry but anyone running that setup and LoLing about TSG definitely plays sub 1800 for sure and most likely sub 1500. I don't like calling people out like this because its not my nature but spreading misinformation and feeding the DK haters just annoys me. Actually this whole thread annoys me.

I play Frost ShamanHD at 2500 and when a TSG comes my way I pray for lube and hope for SLT. There is no amount of kiting and "self healing" that will save a DK from any DECENT TSG right now let alone Feral/Rogue/Hpal.

HPal's are pretty much as close to the fix for DK survivability as there is right now with how strong (nearly OP) their burst healing and is much of it being instant. Trust me when everyone get T1's next week you will see what everyone at decent ratings have seen since 4.2.

P.S. Hate to rant but this kind of thread/posts where the problem really rests in the hands of the player not class imbalance problems (minus priests vs DK and DK's vs physical) just gets to me.
    Any good team above 1800 would know that frost mages are shrimp with a dispeller, you sir, are lying about your teams rating if you think this isn't the case, use your brain hmm?