Page 1 of 2
LastLast

An Immpossible Boss to kill??

Hi, i'm an achievement hunter but i cant seem to get ToC 25 hc done.
    So,i would like to know what are blizzard plans about the last boss in Trial of the Crusader "Anub'arak" on 25 players heroic ..

in his last phase he casts his spell "Leeching Swarm" which steal 30% of the player's health every second and as we can see players at level 85 with decent gear will have 130k hp minimum..

which makes the boss really heals too much

Thanks.

dont heal, just nuke, at low % of whole raid he won't steal that much hp and people will not die from 4k(?) dmging frost spell, so, its a matter of dps. Yet you gotta watch tanks, especially the one on adds

10+ Year Old Account
    Use lower geared armor? :3.

Don't be shit???.........
    He dies in like 2 seconds with our current gear lol

Deleted
    its 30% of the current health, not maximum and i just done it on my warr. it is easy then healers understand that those that are lvl 85, must be low on health

1. dont heal people above like 10%-20% in that phase
    2. the dps should be enough to kill him [if you are keeping people low on HP]

this is how the fight always has been , dont see why it would change now

3. blizzard wont answer you here

How much health you have is irrelevant if he takes a percentage.

Literally do not heal. Not an overly difficult concept, you would think, but we've all been surprised by what others are capable of in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumine View Post
    How much health you have is irrelevant if he takes a percentage.
    30% of 130k is a lot more than 30% of 30k.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2011-07-17 at 10:02 AM.

Cheers for the input guys. hopefully pugs will do more DPS..
    Last edited by Abbyy; 2011-07-17 at 10:03 AM.

Retracted since you edited what you said.

Deleted
    Its not impossible, just a bit tricky. Took us 6 tries!
    You gotta control the adds in right way, meaning you should have 3 tanks; 1 on each side of Anub and 1 tanking it.
    -If you got rid of all the big adds the last phase is safe.
    Last phase with leeching HP debuff is the tricky part; Your healers must NOT overheal, apsolutely NEVER EVER pass the 20% HP. Howe we handled this was with 1 Wild growth and 2 Healing rains in which we all stacked. Your priests and other healers besides those 3 with lovely AOE heals start to DPS the boss and leave the healing to the druid and 2 shamans which also DPS along with poping Wild growth and Healing rain.

I hope i helped

EDIT: Dont be silly you cant stop healing, its still quite amout of HP to zerg and the DOT cant be overlooked.
    Dont take your gear of, DPS is gonna get even lower which will result in a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    30% of 130k is a lot more than 30% of 30k.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, my point was that either way you'll still be down to 70% of your health.

And yes, allowing health to drop quite low is the key to victory, as the numeric value of what is taken from your health pool at that point is quite low.

Also I think that our massively increased health pools would be an advantage here, as I do remember that if you drop below a certain amount of health, 30% will not be deducted and instead he just kills you. (Because if he took 30% of your remaining health every second, technically you'd never die)

Deleted
    You can out DPS the leaching swarm quite easily, and even if you can't, it's just a matter of getting people to ~10-20% health to manage the healing he's doing.

You should be avging about 15k in blues raid buffed and 20-30k in purps raid buffed, just a matter of persistence, maybe?

Deleted
    get shamans/sp to heal with healing stream totem and shadow embrace, use addon to mark penetration could and asign a healer for each mark, and rest of healers take tank.

Its not as easy as some ppl here of forum think, but it should be duable.

PS: dont forget to get a shaman/hunter to use nature rezistence, that makes a HUGE difference especially now when it gives so much res.

mortal helps a little

Deleted
    you only need 1 tank for this encounter nowdays as 2 tanks with high hp will just feed him more health instead get an extra dps tell everyone to not pop cds and keep em for phase3 and finaly tell your healers to keep everyone at 20%hp so he will heal less

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will do nothing about it because they don't need to. Find a better group and what the above have said.

Deleted
    A well designed boss that you can't "outgear" as easily as 95% of the other bosses, SHOCKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    A well designed boss that you can't "outgear" as easily as 95% of the other bosses, SHOCKING!
    if gearing up makes boss harder, then its opposite of good design.
    i tought anub will be hard at 85, but only change is that his burn phase starts at 80% instead of 40% after first 3 ticks