Need help with soloing Kael'Thas

After I have killed the weapons (p2), and all the adds spawn together I manage to kill the last add, but when the astromancer and lord come I die to them every single time, even while letting Felguard tank Lord and attacking astromancer myself. In p1 I killed the first 3 adds at the entrance and fourth a little bit away from the place where I kill weapons.

are you using meta to kill the weapons? if you can manage to get them down without meta, then right after you kill telonicus (the stun guy) and the other 3 get to you, pop it all and burn down the caster bitch asap.

Deleted
    Are you specced for Siphon Life? It can really help keep your health up.

Are you using the Staff? It makes you immune to Capernian's crowd controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrabyte View Post
    are you using meta to kill the weapons? if you can manage to get them down without meta, then right after you kill telonicus (the stun guy) and the other 3 get to you, pop it all and burn down the caster bitch asap.
    Yes, I use meta to kill the weapons, Infernal too. But after I have killed the stun guy, the meta is already ready so I can use it on caster and lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    Are you specced for Siphon Life? It can really help keep your health up.
    Are you using the Staff? It makes you immune to Capernian's crowd controls.
    Nope, don't have Siphon Life as my Demo spec is PvE. Might spec into it if it helps. And yeah, I use staff

Deleted
    OOC: Isn't the title a HUGE contradiction in terms?

No. 'A' help doesn't always mean something MATERIAL.

Deleted
    Some other things that can help is having the 2-piece T5 set bonus - it will lower your health and damage but heals your pet for an additional 15% of the damage you do, basicly it's like Fel Synergy being twice as effective. You may not need it for the Advisors or the Weapons but it can really help for Kael'thas.

Some other things that can help is having the 2-piece T5 set bonus - it will lower your health and damage but heals your pet for an additional 15% of the damage you do, basicly it's like Fel Synergy being twice as effective. You may not need it for the Advisors or the Weapons but it can really help for Kael'thas.
    Didn't know about the T5 set bonus, if I get stuck in p4 -> it might be useful About the siphon life -talent, does it really make so much of a difference? I have heard from other people aswell about taking it and if it really is awesome I would spec into it just for soloing TK.

EDIT: What about gear? Should I stick with PvE gear or switch to PvP? I got maxed (s9) PvP gear, but my PvE gear is ~359 with 346 rings and 4/5 t11.
    Last edited by Bloodly; 2011-07-18 at 05:56 PM.

2/5 t5 is kinda manditory for last phase anyway - the 1000% healing buff stops you killing your pet when you are mc'd, and you end up healing both of you - better than trying to los them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious, can prot paladins solo this encounter yet? I know our self healing sux, and yeah, I suppose going in w/ ret gear on would help, or maybe even ret pvp gear (bc that's all I have), but I couldn't get the wpns down fast enough. Stupid AoE nerf. : (

10+ Year Old Account
    The farthest I got was the weapons, but on youtube there is a good video showing how to solo him; i'll try and find

edit: Link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahwh-cKV4A

Deleted
    About the siphon life -talent, does it really make so much of a difference? I have heard from other people aswell about taking it and if it really is awesome I would spec into it just for soloing TK.
    It's not a huge amount of healing, but combined with improved Demon Armour over a long fight it will stack up for a large boost. Then again though, you shouldn't be taking much damage when fighting Kael himself so it's really only useful for the Advisors.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    2/5 t5 is kinda manditory for last phase anyway - the 1000% healing buff stops you killing your pet when you are mc'd, and you end up healing both of you - better than trying to los them.
    What is this 1000% healing buff? Is it from MC? Is it possible to heal pet without 2/5 t5 while MC'd?

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    The farthest I got was the weapons, but on youtube there is a good video showing how to solo him; i'll try and find

edit: Link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahwh-cKV4A
    I have been following this video and I do everything the same way as in the video. Too bad it's so fast that you can't really focus on some little details. Haven't really found any other videos about warlocks soloing Kael'Thas. I guess this isn't so easy/common after all.

It's not a huge amount of healing, but combined with improved Demon Armour over a long fight it will stack up for a large boost. Then again though, you shouldn't be taking much damage when fighting Kael himself so it's really only useful for the Advisors.
    I'm just worried about losing too much DPS as I currently have some difficulties in p3 burning engineer down before lord and astromancer show up and even more problems burning them down. And that's where I die.
    Going to try defeat weapons without using Infernal, it would help in p3.

Deleted
    What is this 1000% healing buff? Is it from MC? Is it possible to heal pet without 2/5 t5 while MC'd?
    Kael'thas does a Mind Control, every 30 seconds I think. When MCed you get a 100% damage buff and a 1000% healing buff and you'll be forced to nuke your pet. Fel Synergy and the T5 bonus will heal your pet massively when you're attacking it, keeping it alive. I don't know if Fel Synergy alone will be enough, I guess it's something that you'll have to try.

While MC'd you gain 100% damage done, and 1000% healing done debuff.

Resulting in basically yourself and your pet being healed to full.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterraia View Post
    Curious, can prot paladins solo this encounter yet? I know our self healing sux, and yeah, I suppose going in w/ ret gear on would help, or maybe even ret pvp gear (bc that's all I have), but I couldn't get the wpns down fast enough. Stupid AoE nerf. : (
    I'm not saying it's impossible. But as a prot pally it is impossible for me. I 2 man Kael every week with a resto Druid with ease. I go ret with no pvp gear. Pvp gear sucks for soloing. It's just being patient. Basically when toy gets on you you have to wait until you go into the weapon phase or you will not have enough dps to kill the weapons. I will give a brief run down on my stray and hopefully it helps you and maybe a hint to the warlock population.

I start off killing each add in all cept corners. Most important put the Mage back by one of the purple doors that close, so you can put your back to the wall so arcane blast doesn't knock you back, obv this doesn't apply to ranged.

I then kill weapons in this order, I'm drawing a blank but the one that applies a bleed affect, I don't know the name cuz I have a target macro for it. Then the cosmic infuser (interupt the heals) then devestation, then the bow, the dagger then shield. I let my healer kill the staff since I can heal myself trough the weapon phase.

I then have the healer move to middle of room, I go to the back by the Mage and pop all CDs to blow her up before the other adds get to me, healer can kite if needed. Then I kill the engineer, then the one who fears, then the last dude.

I then run back behind the big statue Kael comes. I have then Druid line of sight, I'll explain later. When your back there killing Kael there's 3 things you have to worry about. Red shit on floor, when phoenix spawns kill it asap, then the egg. The last thing is managin CDs and self heals for pyro blasts.

While the Druid is line if sighting he has to pay attention to the quote "obey me" kael casts mind control right when he says that, after he says it druid can come over heal/dps. Rinse repeat this phase

Last phase, if you die here you don't deserve the mount.

Bumping up. I managed to get to phase 4 with around 30% hp (although I forgot to change to Demon Armor, would have had more hp with it). Now I am struggling with MC. There doesn't seem to be any addon timer for it and when Kael does yell emote he instantly casts it. Without t5 2-set bonus I can't be MC'd. Pet dies and woops, boss despawns.
    What is the cooldown for MC? Would it work to be out of LoS in start and when he casts it move to LoS, heal pet and do some dmg. Then wait until you think he casts it again (minus few seconds) and go out of LoS again. Is there a better way to do this? As for Pyroblast, what should I do with it? Just out of LoS?

Deleted
    I think the MC comes every 30 seconds. You'll know when he's casting because he'll yell "Obey Me" or something similar.

I'm pretty sure Pyroblast isn't affected by line or sight nor resistance, the only option I guess is to take it.

I think the MC comes every 30 seconds. You'll know when he's casting because he'll yell "Obey Me" or something similar.
    The problem with the yell is that the MC comes instantly when he yells it. There's not even a second spare time to move out of LoS after he has yelled it.