Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Firelands dailys have ruined the game for me

When the recent patch came out, we all were faced with a decision: what toon do I devote the next 30+ days to grind out all the dailys for?

Sure, if you have no life/job you can mindlessly play WoW on all 20 alts, and this issue isnt a problem.

But for those of use that play 2-3 hours at night, the prospect of a 30 day long grind is just too much.

I have played for almost 6 years, and I have never felt so much stress from the prospect of doing a crap ton of dailys. It seems like casual PVP is the only way to go.

Why continue to do the same old 5-mans we've been doing for 6 months? Firelands raiding is only for very dedicated guilds. For some reason, I dont see any PUG raids for the nerfed raids. Probably because running them for gear is pointless when you can PVP or run 5 mans for better gear.

This game is really testing my resolve.

I missed the part where doing dailies every day without fail was a requirement.

But lol @ your assessment of firelands, your realm should be able to throw together a pug that can at least kill Shannox.

Firelands is pretty easy to pug, at least the first few bosses anyway. But I also do not do the dailies. I hate them.

Lol doing those dailies takes 15-20 mins.
    And i see pugs even on ym fail realm, doin nefarian, al'akir, cho'gall.

Deleted
    Four years after the introduction of the daily quest concept and people still refer to them as "dailys".
    Things like this (and rouge, enchancement, inscriptioner and shatratah) make my eyes bleed.

Also, if the Firelands dailies would not have ruined the game for you, I am sure anything else would have, any time soon. You played this game for too long, or find you have nothing left to do in-game anymore. No problem, just quit playing for a while. It's not like someone makes you play, right?

Deleted
    Are you retarded or something? The dailies doesnt take more than 20 minutes to do...

You don't now and have never needed to do dailies. I have limited myself to 3 85s (so I can devote time to each), I do the dailies every day on only 1 of those.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're forgetting the main thing here: no one is forcing you to do anything on WoW, you dont HAVE to do dailies, or HAVE to farm dungeons/raids, you can do anything you like! Stating that the dailies have ruined the game for you is total BS, it's you that's ruining the game for you! Log on and do what you want, and you'll soon find happiness and joy come too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh, I they're not game breaking for me (At least) but I refuse to do 'em just because I personally think Firelands is a joke and a half. I get all my upgrades from raiding.

I may change my mind at some point, but I doubt it.

OP, I don't really think anyone actually 'likes' dailies in a sense of game making enjoyment, but I could be wrong.

Deleted
    And so far the dailies doesnt give any nice reward that affects ur gameplay

Deleted
    If you want to go casual or already are a casual player then PvP is definitaly the way to go. That's what I did.

Casual PvE doesn't work since Cata.

(Casual = not planning on playing, no raid calendar etc., simply person who doesn't plan his RL according to a game)

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry that WoW is too hard for you.. maybe you should move to Rift

since you started playing during vanilla.. I understand how big of a change it is to not just be able to log in find a raid group and get through the content anymore..

at least that's what I remember from vanilla.. and TBC.. everything was quick and efficient..

/sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Four years after the introduction of the daily quest concept and people still refer to them as "dailys".
    Things like this (and rouge, enchancement, inscriptioner and shatratah) make my eyes bleed.

Also, if the Firelands dailies would not have ruined the game for you, I am sure anything else would have, any time soon. You played this game for too long, or find you have nothing left to do in-game anymore. No problem, just quit playing for a while. It's not like someone makes you play, right?
    Blizzard fanboy spotted.

How can something completely optional ruin the game for you? they take 20-30 mins tops, maybe less. please lock this thread.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

Why do you HAVE to do them? The rewards off the vendors are vanity items... the gear you get off them is really not that good, and the dailies don't have anything to do with the firelands raid or the rep associated with it.

/confused

Deleted
    Even without a really viable spec to do those (pve and pvp holy on my paladin) i do them in 30min. max when i'm alone. When i go with a guildie it's like 15minutes.

I really don't see how Firelands dailies ruined your game, do what you've been doing before, and leave out the "ruining" part?

Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    Blizzard fanboy spotted.
    Someone isn't a fanboy just because they don't bash the game with every word. Quit trying to start something.

I get where he's coming from, you have to do them if you want all the shinies, but at the same time, there's no reason to bitch about them. They really don't take hardly any time at all. I ended up doing them on a friends toon just because he was tired and wanted to go to bed early and still got all of them done in 30 mins with no keybinds. (high five clickers!) I'm one of those 'you have no life and play the game all the time' (summer vacation goooo), and I still don't do those dailies on every alt. Just far too lazy and too much for me to camp as a hunter QQ.

Taking a break from the game is always nice. Go do rep runs with pugs and try to get some free epics. Stop playing for 2 weeks or so, you'll really love WoW after you come back. Family vacation to Colorado did that for me ;D

Then don't do them? ... You only get some 365 items and vanity stuff. The gear is almost as low as last tier normal...