Thread: Ret in pvp

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret in pvp

How is ret in pvp since patch 4.2? i did ret when cata first was released and it was garbage but curious about now. In low lvls they hit hard

You are a glorified heal bot. Your job is to burst targets with your CD's, and if the match is still going on after your CD's fade/get stolen/purged, you should burn most of your HP on using WoG on your teammates. If that is the play style you want, ret pvp is great, otherwise, better luck next expansion with another ret overhaul.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

I like the Rasengan idea , better to improve also my Rasenshiruken

Quote Originally Posted by Seal of the Martyr View Post
    now go get some teammates, download ALL of MANOWAR, and wreck it out!

aaaaaah yeah
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

MANOWAR, RAWRRRRRR SMASH EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! Amon Amarth works pretty well too, War of the Gods really makes me feel like a bad ass when I'm on a roll in bgs, same with A Beast Am I.

But yah, without decent teammates, all you ca hope to do is smash the living shit out of an opponent or two before you CD's are gone. Then you run around hoping to steal some KB's before you can GROW GOLDEN WINGS AND SUMMON ANGELS TO DESTROY EVERYTHING AGAIN.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

I think ret in pvp is acculy more complex and better damige wise in cata then it was in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloth View Post
    I think ret in pvp is acculy more complex and better damige wise in cata then it was in wrath.
    lololol... if blizzard brought back wrath ret right now i promise u more than 70% of the paladin population would rejoice

hello from official forumz from Соросс
    I personally use this macro for HoW for over than 3 years:
    #showtooltip HoW
    /cast HoW
    /yell OODAMA RASENGAN!!
    btw: Rage, Dio, Darkseed, Celldweller, SOil, Soilwork, Machinae Supremacy!!!
    OMG nice Idea
    #showtooltip HoW
    /cast HoW
    /yell Fuuton - rasenshiruken !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    lololol... if blizzard brought back wrath ret right now i promise u more than 70% of the paladin population would rejoice
    the other 30% are holy who don't care either way.

10+ Year Old Account

That's not to say the wrath system was perfect, it was however much more balanced & fine tuned with less down time. With more time spent on balance & fine tuning it could have made much more so with only minor changes (and a few modified versions of things that were added in cataclysm.

In the end the clusterfuck that is cataclysm ret with all its problems could have been completely avoided if blizzard management did 3 simple things

1: Allocate the time needed to actually test changes. (during beta they had the design team come up with new builds constantly during the tiny team ret was scheduled for testing.

2: Actually bring the feedback from higher end players to the designers. (during beta they did not do this much because they focused more on idiots who complained something was Op because they did not understand the mechanics)

3: Allow the design team to implement tools, abilities & mechanics they have gone on record saying are a necessity for all melee classes & all hybrids. (during beta management flat out told design that they could not implement many such tools for paladins even after they previously agreed with them & had allowed them to be given to everyone else who needed them. The reason ? They said paladins must be different from everyone else even if that difference makes them impossible to balance).
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

t10 ret pve was fail.
    one giant, massive, covered in golden whirls fail.
    The old Divine Storm + T10 2-piece set would've been god-like in rated BGs.. *daydreams*

Anyway... it's not that bad, but it's definitely not top tier, either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reith.
    Do you really think it is okay design that a dps is COMPETITIVE with other dps only if there is a setbonus involved?
    bullshift.
    That is how every class has been designed since early Wrath set bonus is always what makes the class competitive and is still doing it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    allow me to retort.
    Most classes didnt care that much for 4t10 back then.
    nor did they absolutely NEED it along with a trinket designed almost purely for them (TAiJ)
    Name one melee dps class that did not need @ least 2pc T10, TaiAJ was designed for Enahnce, Rogues and Ret certainly not purely for Ret. Rogues, Warriors and DK's got just as much out of DBW. We didn't need 4PC T10 either were talking about 2PC.

TBH this is a PvP thread really unrelated to anything you have posted as well so just going to leave it at that for now.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    I was mostly speaking to someone referring to WOtlk ret pve as smoothy.
    well, anyhow, BTT.
    I understand what you were saying, I think Ret PvE in wotlk was 100% better than Cata where it's just ugh but I suspect I will be getting an infraction from my fav useless mod for being off topic which is why I said let's not talk about pve anymore in the thread.

As far as PvP goes it was way better in wotlk in terms of fun but fun is subjective.

4.2 Ret in pvp is slightly better due to the WoG cooldown change through talents, but the spec is still problematic, because there is really still no reason to include it in any comp over any other class whatsoever. In order to rehabilitate Ret, there still needs to be some utility it brings to a team that would make it a competitive choice.

As in 70% of the (ret) paladin community is a bunch of tunnel vizion kids?

Almost every class relies heavily on some "burst" dmg cooldowns. Obviously it's different in cata now, but what remains the same and what makes any ret good is his use of support cd's on his team mates. i.e don't be a nub and give yourself freedom, boping (both defensively and offensively) sac'ing, huge WoG off heals.

Basically IF you like doing dmg (yes really tied to your 2 minute cd's, which isn't really that long) and supporting your team, ret is a cool kind of melee class (that apparently isn't for everyone) thats different from every other tunnel vision melee (really good rogues excluded)

Watch some Vanguard(s) videos he'll show you whats up (R1 glad in various seasons)

10+ Year Old Account
    Or if you're non-competative and just play a few games a week - then you can just cut out the healing part. I currently play on my R-drood alt with a ret paladin who loves to faceroll. We usualy hug 1500-1800 rating wile he bashes his buttoms and I stay away.
    Quite amuzing really compared to your usual peeling, humping and switches
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Cavein View Post
    As in 70% of the (ret) paladin community is a bunch of tunnel vizion kids?
    I liked being able to cleanse magic CCs off people... It wasn't tunnel vision.