Thread: Affliction AOE

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Affliction AOE

So, im having a hard time understanding the afflic AOE system, for instance on a pack of mobs do I just cast seed of corruption on every mob, or do I just cycle through targets adding dots, Thanks for the clarification.

If there's only a handful (and I do mean handful) and they will live the entire duration, you can tab dot them. Soulburn seed is still ideal in either situation, and shadowflame is always good

10+ Year Old Account
    Soulburn + SoC if there are 3 mobs up as a general rule. It'll take less time to cast that one seed and hit 3+ mobs with corruption than it will to cast corruption 2+ times. You can tab seed, or you can spam it on the same target until it dies, they're both effective.

For example the spiders pack and the "naga" or whatever that other pack in Firelands trash is, i Soulburn seed + spam seed and i always top the metters.

DONT TAB SEED! Seed only one target.

Yeah there's really never a reason to tab seed

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    get jinx up sb:sc sdwflame ua soc

10+ Year Old Account
    depending on the hp of mobs i'll either coe, sb soc, shadowflame followed by more soc if high hp or hellfire if low hp and more shadowflame whenever i can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to tab seed if we're pulling multiple packs, and the second pack hasn't gotten to us yet.. you can usually get a couple off, and then it's like BAM! NUMBERS EVERYWHEREEE! But then you run the risk of dying a horrible death.

So yeah. Don't do that.

Ideally you'll want to have a soulburn: seed up for every pack, and tab seed just hurts you there.

It's true. Since you can't have both seed and corruption on the same target whichever one is put up most recently will take priority.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great, so the consensus seems to be stick with SB soc, and when mobs are close marry that with shadowflame.
    Last edited by Ratdazzler; 2011-07-17 at 11:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm getting flash backs of the scryper reputation farming with SoC..
    soc on 4 mobs.. kite through 10 others.. detonate BAM ALL dead --> lots of arcane tomes

Aff aoe is very good when mobs live enough and if u can go melee range cause of SOC.

Its really bad at burst AOE like the adds after seeds in Ragnaros.

As affliction I've been able to pump out 40k dps as AOE, my suggestion, especially with firelands raid trash:

Curse of Elements > Soul Burn: Seed of Corruption

If its the scorpions, I tend to throw on BOD and UA.

If your healers are down for it, run just after the tank gets threat, and Shadowflame.

Pretty much it should look something like this:

COE > SB: SOC > Run in with tank > Shadowflame > Run out > UA > BOD > SOC > SOC > SOC.

Seed is better than corr on 9 targets, seed is better than ua and boa (unglyphed) on 8 targets. You should open with sb: soc, shadowflame if you're in range, and stack ua and boa on every target in the meantime. If you have 10 or more targets you can spam seed AFTER sb:soc and shadowflame, otherwise only use seed if the mobs are going to die before dots tick to duration.
    More Dots Warlock Blog

Beta-version spell tool, video guides, and warlock commentary. Help me improve it with your comments and suggestions!