Prinstine Hides - When can I sell them?

I stockpiled a decent amount of Pristine Hide and some Heavy Savage Leather before the patch. I know we have to wait until people get more access to Living Embers but I figured by now players would be crafting some of the new patterns. Our guild has 7 Living Embers but we've killed less bosses so the more progressed guilds should be getting more.

Right now the prices of Pristine Hide are 300-250g, I bought most of mine at 500g before the patch. After the patch, for s*^% and giggles I decided to buy out the Pristine Hide, Heavy Savage Leather, and Savage Leather market and reset it all. I priced the Hides at 800g and the leather at equal prices for how many it takes to make a hide. I sold a few but not many. Should I still hold onto them?

I would say to liquidate your inventory and try and get into the black for your investment. Right now the only people who are getting these items crafted are people in raiding guilds. I know my guild provides the materials for the items that need to be crafted for its players. I would assume that a lot of guilds are doing this as well. I would say it will still be a month or two before you start to see a demand for these crafted items from the general population, seeing how most guilds are just holding onto their embers.

Right now with the new Molten Front dailies at the Shadow Wardens section there are lots of spiders to skin and get savage leather from. So once more and more people find out about this then there will be an abundance of leather (and consequently pristine hides) on the AH. With that in mind I would try and sell them off quite soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    From the style that Blizzard seems to be going with it looks like Hides will be used throughout every craft up to the end of the X-pac now I don't know how mnay you bought but if you don't need the return right away then you can hold on to them until the proces soars up, it is not like they are going to be redundant items for a while yet

Deleted
    Sell them off at 50% of what you bought them for and invest in alchemy instead.

I don't need the money immediately so I'll hold on to most of em, and buy a few Volatile Earth to make into leg armors. They're selling for a decent profit for what I bought the hides for so that may hold me over.