Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Congrats to Japan!

Big congrats to Japan. Great game right down to the end. Congrats to the US too who played hard all tournament. They looked pretty heartbroken.

My favourite tweet was from Tyler Bozak of the Toronto Maple Leafs - "@Bozie42 - How does Tim Thomas disguise himself as a Japanese female soccer goalie"

LOL.

Anyways. Keep the thread respectful and do not turn it into another Soccer vs Football debate or infractions will come!

Deleted
    Gratz to Japan, more than worthy.

Such a shame that my nation(Sweden) played so horrible in the semi-finals :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see the fat kid in the stands doing the Truffle Shuffle? That was amazing.

Otherwise, terrific and entertaining game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it was disappointing to see the US not being able to close out Japan when they had the chances to. But yeah, Japan did earn this hard-earned victory this year.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoyed that game much more than I expected.
    Good for Japan. I guess they need something to cheer about these days.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan hasn't beaten us in anything that matters since early in WW2, what are you talkin bout?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

excellent game. more exciting that FIFAs last year imo.

Deleted
    I aswell am surprised, thought it would've been less entertaining. Though I'm most surprised by Marie Hammarström's (Sweden) goal, it was awesome ^^ .

Seems like I had low expectations :P

great job for japan, women can play football

being from the US im honestly happy Japan won. At least there team will get the congratz they deserve. If the US team had won no one in the US would care bc its not the mens team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Japan hasn't beaten us in anything that matters since early in WW2, what are you talkin bout?
    I wish this was on Facebook so i could like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythria31 View Post
    Honda, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan say Hi
    Nah, I rest my case on my previous statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

I saw it coming. I'm glad they won. Congrats to them!

Deleted
    im not tryna start flaming or anything here, but how come USA do so well in this? i didnt think you guys liked soccer that much over there but your team always does pretty well (always better than England at least ).

but gz to japan although i didnt watch it

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually find it very tedious to watch, but this was actually a pretty good game.

I was rooting for the US team since I'm from the US, but towards the end I started losing hope. They were doing well once they got that 2-1 in and they seemed to be in the clear. Then that random ass goal at 12:00 on the 2nd extra time came in and I knew it was GG. Wambach even had a solid chance to make it 3-2 in their favor but screwed it up. Solo is a good goalie but she sucks eggs at penalties. Their last penalty shootout against Brazil was also terribad. The US team even flew one over head and was shooting directly at the goalie. In terms of play throughout the whole game, the US team had so many opportunities and lost them.

Big congrats to Japan for making it to the end and for giving us a great game. I'd say they play in a much more exciting and entertaining manner than the men's team.

Japan got so lucky. US was clearly the superior team. Idk what was wrong with hope in the pks, along with all the girls who missed (including the one who kicked it over the damn goal). grats to japan, our women are still hotter though

didnt watch the game and im too tired to look it up xD what was the score?
    and was it a good game? =)
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im not tryna start flaming or anything here, but how come USA do so well in this? i didnt think you guys liked soccer that much over there but your team always does pretty well (always better than England at least ).
    You only hear the few loudmouths who claim the USA don't care about soccer. There are areas around the country here that have a substantial following for the sport. It's simply that football is usually the most televised/broadcast sport on a national level, which increases exponentially during the Super Bowl playoffs -- it becomes a national spectacle and takes over major broadcasting networks. Even baseball/World Series gets more coverage. If soccer got the same treatment, people would change their tune. Alas, we already have enough sports dominating the spotlight which doesn't offer much room for it.

As for me, I played from age 4 to age 11. Loved the sport. Disliked some of the people it attracted, so I stopped playing.

P.S. Watched the full game. The way the USA played for much of the game, the end result was very surprising. The panic that ensued on that one defensive play inside their box caused a botched clear across the mouth of the goal -- always a no-no, and they got burned. Had it been cleared the other way, the outcome of the game would have changed. No doubt.
    Last edited by Xcruiser; 2011-07-17 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlycaster View Post
    didnt watch the game and im too tired to look it up xD what was the score?
    and was it a good game? =)
    2-2 went into penalties. Solo screwed up a lot of them. The US team got I think 2 blocked, 1 flew over the goal, and the other got in. I think it was like 3-1 or 4-1 in favor of Japan at the end. It was a good game. Better than a lot of men's team games I'll say.