Thread: Shannox 10m

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ehh, id say its a composition issue. 3 melee? Thats the main prob imo. 10m is more about how you stack your raid than it is for 25m. Having 3 melee, seriously gimps you on Shannox. Time to start sittin players and bringin in the ranged. My raid comp is composed of 1 melee and 4 ranged. Melee isnt really that useful on this fight. Also as a rogue, you could start disarming traps when Shannox gets low to eliminate the need to move him when he hits 30%.

Burning Rageface with 1 ranged and you trying to will take a long time. Its just not your job to chase around a dog that is faster than you. This will drag the fight out longer then it should, burning healer mana, and widening the window for mistakes.

everyone on rageface till dead
    then everyone on shannox till 35%
    then everyone on riplimp till dead
    then everyone on shannox till dead

Deleted
    Just to clarify, people are dying to mostly rageface jumping to the furthest possible person and their dead before most people can hit them, it's happening to our healers so it's VITAL to keep them alive :x
    Or very early wipes purely due to a crystal trap being placed and while there's only one, rageface jumps to the person it just landed on and fucking up tank stacks :X

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    Just to clarify, people are dying to mostly rageface jumping to the furthest possible person and their dead before most people can hit them, it's happening to our healers so it's VITAL to keep them alive :x
    Or very early wipes purely due to a crystal trap being placed and while there's only one, rageface jumps to the person it just landed on and fucking up tank stacks :X
    Not sure why people are so spread out, it should be something like:

Riplimb + Tank ------- Ranged + Healers ------- Shannox + Tank

So that ranged are always in range of EVERYONE, as well as healers. Even if tank stacks aren't reset once or twice, your healers should still be able to easily keep tanks up. The stacks really hit for shit all until they get very high. If people are still dying to Rageface's Face Rage, then yes it is worth having melee on him. The fight is in no way a race, and your healers should have no issues whatsoever with mana (the damage output of Shannox and his dogs is very low). Once Rageface is down, it should all be smooth sailing as long as you let the MT's stacks drop off before killing Riplimb and pushing Shannox to sub-30%.

As for people getting hit by Immolation Traps...they need to play better. Letting yourself get penned in by traps is retarded, considering you can see it coming a mile away.

So you don't feel as bad, we have our dps Warrior on Rageface until he dies as well. Sure, his overall DPS is lower, but the priority is getting Rageface down and making sure nobody stays in Face Rage too long, so who gives a shit if the fight takes a bit longer?
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

hiya

my opinion is that 3 melee is FAR from ideal for this fight and the only way to avoid your running after rageface is to have the dps a little tighter grouped so for example you have shannox tank and his healer with boss and have all dps on rageface to get him down fast and stay fairly closely groups although obviously avoiding traps. By doing this rageface goes down fast and you have 80% chance of the face rage on someone who will not be too far away from you.

Once rageface is dead nuke shannox to 35% and then all nuke riplimp ensuring you get slows on him so tanks and easier get their stacks off. then its a case of moving regrouping for the shannox burn only killing riplimb when the stacks have been allowed to tick off, what we did then was to move shannox to a clear area to allow more freedom and rotate cooldowns on the shannox tank.. note its vital everyone moves from the flames on the floor as that will wipe you and avoid the immolation traps too.

We got our first kill last night so its all very fresh to me

So my guild is working on Shannox 10m (Normal, yes normal, if you're just here to troll me on that, fuck off.) and we tried keeping Rageface alive until Shannox was low, but we can't seem to crit him at all that way and a healer / dps always dies and fucks up the try.
    Not quite sure how you aren't critting him since Rageface gains a debuff when he Face Rages that makes it so all attacks on him are guaranteed to crit.

Deleted
    @OP I haven't read the other replies so apologizes if I repeat anything. It sounds to me like your current strat is fine, you're just not making the most of it. I'm 95% sure that your tanks are barely moving the boss at all throughout the fight, imagine how much easier it would all be if the entire raid just migrated 30 yards to the side when your current position(s) get overwhelmed by traps. You have an entire instance of space to work with after all.

Also you're likely spreading out more than you need to (which will happen when there's 100 traps and your raid leader hasn't called for the boss to be moved). If you're all closer together the fight becomes much easier on the melee. Just that simple fix oughta make your life a lot easier as a melee DPS. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Not quite sure how you aren't critting him since Rageface gains a debuff when he Face Rages that makes it so all attacks on him are guaranteed to crit.
    Pretty sure that's a recent debuff. The old version used to be only 60%+ iirc, also not all attacks crit for 30k+. It's still easy, but if the DPS don't do it properly it is possible for them to not free someone fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    everyone on rageface till dead
    then everyone on shannox till 35%
    then everyone on riplimp till dead
    then everyone on shannox till dead
    The buff that shannox gets wham the dogs are dead, is that for both or just one, I can imagine that face rage does more damage than shannox extra damage when he gets the "dog dead buff"

Deleted
    We do Rageface, Shannox 38%, Riplimb 5%, trap riplimb, shannox will be down to around 31 by then, pop BL, all out on shannox, once riblimp gets out ranged nuke him and back on shannox.

im the frost mage, on 10man, my ice lances crits him, w/o any sp/int procs, for 30+k. so we dont have to worry about rageface at all.

but most groups wont have a frost mage, what my 2nd 10man did was burn rageface, then riplimb with shannox~32,31%.

the main thing for the fight is, are ppl blind enough to stand in traps? can the tanks reset their stacks by running wild?

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Isnt it "only" a 50% chance to crit ?

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Isnt it "only" a 50% chance to crit ?
    100% after recent hotfix.

To OP: I'm not sure of how your group comp is set up, but what we do is melee on shannox the whole time, Range kill rageface, then start on Riplimb. Make sure Riplimb dies before shannox hits 30% then everyone burns Shannox. Melee typically have shannox down to 35%~ when we kill riplimb.

Deleted
    In my guild we get rageface down first then shannox to 42% (since i am pally tank i am gonna get boss to 35-34% alone) and then we kill rimblimb. then pop cd's pots and hero and hope for the healers to keep me up cause all the mobs are immune to taunt

The tactic we took in 10 man was to have 2 Dps on shanox constently, 1 Dps on riplimb (a melee with slowing capability- we had a rogue wth a spare weapon for crippling)
    the remaining 2 DPS take rageface (me a Spriest, and a boomkin)
    basically the 2 tanks stand aprox 50 yards away from each other, when the spear is thrown, the rogue shivs crippling onto riplimb which gives time for the stacks to fall off
    we found that the 2 Dps on shanox stop at around%, at this point the 2 dogs are 10% or under so can be finished off and then we can burn the boss down.
    with regards to the crits, make sure your raid dont spread too much (so that the DPs dont have to run for a while before critting) 99% of the time the boomkin could handle the crits without me (allowing me to assist Dps on riplimb) i used a targeting macro to help on face rage.

@ OP, Wablakin speaks the truth. Exactly how my guild does it and I'm an assassination rogue. The only interaction I have with rage face is when he rages on my face. Otherwise I'm on Shannox the whole fight - occasionally if ranged dps is low or slow I might be called over to Rip Limb to down him faster and back to Shannox. Only other duty I have is disarming some traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just attempted to make a quick picture in Paint and attach it but im not too sure it showed up. However hear goes:
    http://imgur.com/PYEX0
    Riplimb Tank------------All DPS/Heals------------Shannox Tank
    What we do is have our MT tank Shannox 30 yards to the right, and the Riplimb tank 30 yards to the left, with all remaining raid members between the two.

Our Strategy is as follows:
    All DPS on Rageface until he dies, with OT running Riplimb through red traps to trap him and reset the stacks.

[I am a MM hunter and I handle all Face Rages myself, just tell your hunters to suck it up and do shitty dps for the first 1.5 minutes of the fight. What I do is not use Chimera Shot at all in my rotation while Rageface is up, i just Serpent Sting, Steady and Aimed always holding enough focus to drop a Chimera Shot on command. In doing this the second the Face Rage pops up I crit and break it. As a result of breaking every Face Rage, I tank and kite Rageface for almost his entire life, once he drops i get to go to back to my normal rotation.]

Once Rageface dies, our frost DK goes on Shannox, while all the ranged DPS start on Riplimb, and our OT starts running Riplimb through orange traps to speed it up.

Once Riplimb hits 35% all range DPS flip over to Shannox and drop him to 40% and the OT goes back to running Riplimb through red traps to reset the stacks right before we start pushing into the 2nd burn phase.

Once Shannox hits 40% all range flip back to riplimb and nuke him down, at this point the MT brings Shannox over to where the OT had been tanking Riplimb the entire time, as this area is generally very clear of traps since the OT has been running Riplimb through all of them. (this also allows the dps and healers to not need to move as the tank is just arcing up and over to the previous tanks location)
    By the time the MT gets to the OT's tanking location, Riplimb is typically ~6% and Shannox ~33%. The range finish riplimb off all dps flip to Shannox and we pop lust right after the first spear gets tossed. All in all i think its roughly 7/8 minutes for us?
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hw...?s=5918&e=6363
    (attached a WoL of our kill last night if you wish to take a look)
    Last edited by Honko; 2011-07-18 at 02:30 PM.