Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    You are missing the point. Warlocks are not dark enough. Out of all the classes, warlocks should be summoning the dead, casting curses or diseases. Warlocks should be the ones manipulating other creatures to do their bidding. And you can say Destruction is all about fire, but really its just a glorified mage. The former poster had the right idea about turning into tank. Metamorphisis is cute, but it should be better.
    Corruption=Dark and evil
    Summoning demons=Dark
    putting curses and banes on enemies=Dark
    Draining someones soul=Dark
    Burning someones soul=Dark
    Hurting yourself to give you more magic=Dark
    Fel Magic=Dark
    Turning into a demon=Dark
    Enslaving Demons=Dark

Warlocks don't need to be going around killing babies to be dark.

You are missing the point. Warlocks are not dark enough. Out of all the classes, warlocks should be summoning the dead, casting curses or diseases. Warlocks should be the ones manipulating other creatures to do their bidding. And you can say Destruction is all about fire, but really its just a glorified mage. The former poster had the right idea about turning into tank. Metamorphisis is cute, but it should be better.
    He's not missing the point, you are. What you're suggesting goes against the lore of the warlock class. We CAN'T summon the dead. We already have curses, Death Knights deal with the plague and diseases. Nor do we have the power to manipulate other creatures. We can permanently enslave the lesser demons we summon, and only temporarily enslave other more powerful demons (Doomguard, Infernal, random things you can enslave around the world.) Destruction is about fire, and destroying things with it. Last time I checked, mages couldn't use fel fire (Chaos Bolt, Fel Flame.) There have been certain fights in the past where Warlocks could step up and "ranged tank", we don't need a tanking tree. We'll always be a pure DPS class. How can Meta get any better than it is? It's probably one of the biggest straight damage increase cooldowns in the game, and it scales with our mastery; I don't see what's wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisiszone View Post
    Doesn't fit lorewise. Warlocks summon demons, Death Knights already raise the dead. There's already a demon to fit every role (besides healing) so what role would the new demons fit?
    Hey there

Deleted
    Yes I agree warlocks should be darker but your going about it the wrong way. Warlocks have NEVER been able to summon the dead the best thing they can do is steal souls so maybe add a spell Destroy 1 soul shard and a shades fights for X seconds I donno. Warlocks can cast curses but not diseases and they manipulate creatures but its mostly demons because they are chaotic and warlocks love that. Oh and warlocks were actually mages "Warlocks are former arcanists, or in the case of the orcs, former shamans, who, in pursuit of ever-greater sources of power, have cast off their studies of the arcane or nature magics to delve deeper into the darker, fel-based magic of shadow." (source http://www.wowpedia.org/Warlock)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love too see more improvements to the warlock class, but not these. Anyways all we locks get is the shaft from blizzard.

When are the classes ever balanced? There are classes now in 346 gear that can out dps classes with higher gear score. Free dps.
    I believe it to be an issue between the chair and the keyboard rather than class balance
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    Let's remember that the playable Warlocks aren't Necromancers. Summoning Ghouls/Skeletons/other undead/dead creatures does not fit them at all.

Warlocks summons demons. Let's keep it at that.

Deleted
    I think warlocks are doing pretty good in WoW.

On a sidenote...if a mod could read this whole thread and bann or infract every single person who is attempting to unleash a flamewar (this game is better than another blablabla) I would be thankfull.

Nothing wrong with comparing games...but atleast have the brains to compare both positive and negative points off both games.

Personally I would rather see more demons that fill the same roles (kinda like hunters) than to see the female models we're getting. For example when I summon a VW it could be the model from BC that has the shoulder pads.

^ Hopefully it comes in the next xpac if they decide to get around to those model updates.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my lock to 85 the first couple days after cata was released did the heroics did a bit of raiding and and haven't played him since. Iv been playing my dk and haven't looked back and its sad because the lock is my favorite class but have been lack luster this expansion in PvE and PvP.

Warlock has excelled in PvE this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Scutajar View Post
    Yes I agree warlocks should be darker but your going about it the wrong way. Warlocks have NEVER been able to summon the dead the best thing they can do is steal souls so maybe add a spell Destroy 1 soul shard and a shades fights for X seconds I donno. Warlocks can cast curses but not diseases and they manipulate creatures but its mostly demons because they are chaotic and warlocks love that. Oh and warlocks were actually mages "Warlocks are former arcanists, or in the case of the orcs, former shamans, who, in pursuit of ever-greater sources of power, have cast off their studies of the arcane or nature magics to delve deeper into the darker, fel-based magic of shadow." (source http://www.wowpedia.org/Warlock)
    I'm making suggestions. I don't think I'm going about it in the wrong way. Shadow magic is dark magic. It doesn't have to be limited to just demons, it could be the dead. I'm just saying they should be summoning more things and casting more curses or some diseases. We should be using more things to do our dirty work.

I have been a warlock as my main since vanilla release. A demonology lock as well that whole time. And I've never really been happier with my abilities. Really the only thing I miss is when Soul Link was ours exclusively and we had a good chunk more health than anyone but warriors.

I feel also that the class should stay true to the lore around it. I love the demon selection, all I would improve if I could would be the usefulness of certain demons, and add a barbershop style ui to select new skins for our demons.

I wouldn't mind seeing future Guardian style demons in maybe the form of a wrathgaurd, Pitlord or Shiva-demon (the multi-armed lady) or even a Beholder. How is this idea

Unleash:Wrathguard- Consume one Soul Shard to unleash a Wrathguard from Twisting Nether to taunt and physically attack your target for X seconds. 20min Cooldown Shares a cooldown with other Unleash spells.

Unleash:Shivarra- Consume two Soul Shards to unleash a Shivarra demon from the twisting nether for X seconds. She will attempt to drain the life from two targets within range and funnel that health to you or a nearby ally. 20min Cooldown Shares a cooldown with other Unleash spells.

Unleash: Floating Eye- Consume three Soul Shards to unleash a beholder from the Twisting Nether for X seconds. It will channel beams from it's eye-stalks at up to three targets attempting to slow them and deal increasing damage over time. 20min Cooldown Shares a cooldown with other Unleash spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

15+ Year Old Account
    Totally fits the lore. Warlocks are masters of the dark arts. They should be able to raise the dead, summon skeletons, possess other characters. More demons are cool. Sicking a mob on another toon is fun. Corrupting targets is fun. Maladiction - DEEP AFFLICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Warlocks are demon magic, necromancers are death and plague magic.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Blizz has already said they don't want players to be totally dependent on pets as the player themselves wouldn't do much of the fighting.
    still that doesnt mean that we cant have more pets
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

I'm making suggestions. I don't think I'm going about it in the wrong way. Shadow magic is dark magic. It doesn't have to be limited to just demons, it could be the dead. I'm just saying they should be summoning more things and casting more curses or some diseases. We should be using more things to do our dirty work.
    Actually, that delves less into the demon-based fel magic and more into the necromantic magics... which, while it is an evil magic, it is a different kind. Warlocks don't go around creating death knights or raising an army of a legion of warriors. They call upon demons from hell to rip flesh and summon fires from the depths of other hells to consume all foes.

Deleted
    I feel like I, as a resto druid, should have numerous different abilities where I summon trees to light up my garden, trees to assist me in my healing when i am struggeling. I feel like the forest critters should come to aid, blessing me with infinite mana, and the birds would grab my fat body and fly me away from danger, the "move out of the fire" would'nt count for my class anymore. I feel that my class needs some more nature to it, something more than just a tree.

Blizz plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueguy View Post
    Actually, that delves less into the demon-based fel magic and more into the necromantic magics... which, while it is an evil magic, it is a different kind. Warlocks don't go around creating death knights or raising an army of a legion of warriors. They call upon demons from hell to rip flesh and summon fires from the depths of other hells to consume all foes.
    My point is they need to be darker and they need more demons and curses. Make it more interesting so people want to play the class. More demons is fine with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    mehh, i wanna be able to make a rain of inferno spawning a whole army of infernals to obliterate anything on my path, summon very powerfull demons like eredars i can unlease on noobshire watching noobs, questgivers and even level 85s getting killed.

there are so many demons, yet so few we can summon. we are no longer the weak warlocks we were when we created our character. We have fought many treats and trained hard and i think it is time that blizzard realises we control our powers more then enough to be able to summon almost every existing but the extremely powerfull demons.

Why does a hunter get different new species of pets to summon every expansion or patch while we still have the same demons as we started with in vanilla. Is it really asked to much to be able to summon a doomlord, an eredar or stupid things like a hellboar.