Deleted

New gaming computer

So im buying a new computer, my budget is around 750 $ i want it to handle games like WoW, bf3 black ops etc etc, is this possible or should is save some more?

Deleted
    If you can run those games 'ok' for now, I'd say save up for a few more months or so. Then you'll be able to get a beast of a machine then, and not have to upgrade for a while.

Deleted
    I can´t run anything now. my comp is shiit

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja edit - I just checked the video card they recommended, take your extra $50 or so and get the Gigabyte GTX640 instead, it has a dual fan cooling system that runs the card a lot cooler than the EVGA one. I had a pair of EVGA cards before I upgraded my SLI setup to the Gigabyte cards, and even though the new cards are faster and more powerful, they still run cooler than their EVGA counterparts did.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytramp View Post
    If you can run those games 'ok' for now, I'd say save up for a few more months or so. Then you'll be able to get a beast of a machine then, and not have to upgrade for a while.
    Clearly he needs a new machine now. If you look at the front page of MMO-Champion you'll see they just posted their 4 systems of the month.

The puppy isn't what I'd shoot for, the Dolphin is right in your price range. I don't like the AMD CPU but if you can deal with it, then it's a perfectly fine setup. The GTX460 they suggest paired with that CPU should let you run at ultra at around 30fps in most situations, higher when your in a less populated zone, etc. You said you had 750 to spend, you could either step up to a nicer CPU, go with a 570 instead of a 460 or (at the bare minimum) step up from the 4gb of ram they recommend. I don't know what resolution your running, but I'm running my gaming pc @ 1920x1080 and with just WoW running, the system will be using almost 3gb of RAM already, not a lot of free space left. WoW uses ~ 2gb with my settings (I am running in SLI so that might take up more I have no clue), so 4gb seems cutting it close. Now obv. your going to need a 64 bit operating system to bypass the 4gb memory hump but I highly recommend it, especially considering that 1gb video card already puts your system memory down to 3gb that Windows will recognize. I can't imagine why anyone would build a system with under 8gb of ram anymore, the prices are super cheap. I run 12gb in my gaming PCs, 8gb in my HTPC and 8gb in my gaming laptop. There is nothing worse than running low on memory. Add in Ventrillo, mouse software (if your using a gaming mouse), etc, you can quickly eat up that 4gb.

Puppy and Dolphin
    Last edited by Shaemus; 2011-07-18 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    Im running on 1080 1920 res. thanks for the tips looking awesome

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 12:40 AM ----------

Wich proccesor would you reccomend? can step it up to 800 $ if needed

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...et+spot+builds
    Contains an excellent build for $700. (Better than Chaud's in hardware terms. Not belittling him, hardware took a price drop since his last build of the month, making Sbridge more affordable.)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with one of the newer i5 or i7 Intel quadcore CPUs. AMD chips tend to run hotter in my experience and a lot of WoW players seem to report more problems with the game on AMD based systems.

Intel i5-2500k (3.3ghz, 3.7ghz "turbo boost mode") $219
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115072

Intel i7-950 (3ghz) $259
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115211

No reason to even go back to the i7-950 -- it's pretty much an outdated socket at this point.
    the 2500k will be more than enough for gaming, regardless.

(also @Fuzzykins, because I just saw this on another site... more sentries! more forcefield! and ofc more COLOSSI)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midean View Post
    No reason to even go back to the i7-950 -- it's pretty much an outdated socket at this point.
    the 2500k will be more than enough for gaming, regardless.

(also @Fuzzykins, because I just saw this on another site... more sentries! more forcefield! and ofc more COLOSSI)
    That's uber creepy. :P
    http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/co...marauder_medi/

It was more me reading the post and being like... oh, look at the name.

Deleted
    Found a comp that i think will do, heres the specs

Intel core i5-2300 2.8 ghz- turbo 3.1 ghz
    12 gb ddr3 ram
    1Tb hardrive
    Amd radeon hd 6850 1gb
    VGA and HDMI

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's prebuilt make sure you look it over closely, srsly, ask them to remove the side panel. Check out the system profile, check for the bios manufacturer, maybe bring CPU-Z on a flash drive with you to find out motherboard and ram manufacturer info. Prebuilt can be cheap, but there usually is a catch.

If it's what your building, that sounds like a nice build.

Deleted
    Im not building that, was on sale in a local store, thought it looked good

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 02:05 AM ----------

Sooo, what do you guys think will it run Bf3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummzz View Post
    Im not building that, was on sale in a local store, thought it looked good

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 02:05 AM ----------

Sooo, what do you guys think will it run Bf3?
    Are you comfortable building your own?

The August 2011 issue of MaximumPC has a pretty decent low budget build in it ( $667 at time of print, probably less now ) and they have a step-by-step guide on how to assemble it as well, if you are interested in setting up your own rig. Only thing it doesn't include is a monitor.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea..._rig_under_700

@fuzzy did you see my post in the "sweet spot build" thras of yours on the last page?