IMPORTANT! Advertising

Recently there have been a high number of threads advertising 10$ HoN accounts. I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that advertising in this forum without first asking the moderation staff, in any capacity, will earn you a ban.

Please consider this before you post. Thank you.

Request for sticky

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Request for sticky
    If only we had this rule established in the stickies already...

You mean advertising like: Making a topic and letting people know a game is on sale. (without referrals)

If so, that would be a bitch :P Because there is also the "Steam summer sale" thread.

I agree with referrals those are getting out of hand ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Recently there have been a high number of threads advertising 10$ HoN accounts. I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that advertising in this forum without first asking the moderation staff, in any capacity, will earn you a ban.

Please consider this before you post. Thank you.
    HoN? I can't seem to link the words to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    You mean advertising like: Making a topic and letting people know a game is on sale. (without referrals)

If so, that would be a bitch :P Because there is also the "Steam summer sale" thread.

Pretty certain he's talking about referrals

Pretty certain he's talking about referrals
    Not too sure...

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that advertising in this forum without first asking the moderation staff, in any capacity, will earn you a ban.
    So that is why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    HoN? I can't seem to link the words to that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_Newerth

15+ Year Old Account
    Posting major sales like that without referral links or a profit interest is generally okay.

Both "come use this referral link to sign up" and "come buy the game I wrote for the iPhone" are bad kinds of advertising.

If you're not sure, PM a mod or me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post

Stuff like Steam sales are accepted by most forums with anti-advertising rules. As long as you don't have a personal stake in it, its okay. Informing people of cheap games is good, it helps spread the industry and get people trying new stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    This, and a (legal) bump to keep this at a top since it's not in the 'ignore me, I'm a sticky thread' section
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I dont think this thread would have much of a effect since the HoN threads were made while there was a locked thread about the same thing on the first page

I find it rather ironic that this thread is the only advertisement for it I've seen.

Deleted
    I wouldn't have ever known about 10$ HON accounts if I hadn't read this thread. Nevertheless, it's great to see a reminder post in hopes that the threads disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I find it rather ironic that this thread is the only advertisement for it I've seen.
    That's because the mods have been locking & deleting them within hours of creation.

+1 mods

That's because the mods have been locking & deleting them within hours of creation.

+1 mods
    More like minutes, since I spend my days on MMO-C refreshing every few minutes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    More like minutes, since I spend my days on MMO-C refreshing every few minutes. :P
    I refresh hourly or when my other forums/comics let me down