Any tip for the sons of flame intermission?

this phase is like....no learning curve for us...wipe in 4 seconds.
    any tip for assignment?

sorry, here's the comp currently

1 dk tank
    1 warr tank
    1 dk dps frost
    1 fury dps warr
    1 MM hunter
    1 holy preist
    1 disc preist
    1 resto druid
    1 ele shammy
    1 rogue
    Last edited by Hellforge; 2011-07-18 at 02:48 PM.

Assign people to spots. Use your healers, they can all take down an add. Stuns work. Knockbacks work. Death grip works.

Would need to know your raid comp to really help, but 1 thing to make sure of is make good use of your stuns and Death grips if you have them.
    Also don't underestimate your tanks dps on this, they can handle one of the sons of flame by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    Assign people to spots. Use your healers, they can all take down an add. Stuns work. Knockbacks work. Death grip works.
    ok still trying hard on it. some of those tried to walk into the lava -_-

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on what classes you have. They can be stunned, they can be knocked back, but they can't be rooted or feared or CCed. The mobs closest to the hammer spawn a second earlier than the ones further out, and they are also targetable for about a second before they start moving. On mine I can get about one GCD before it start moving, then I stun it with shockwave and pump some more damage into it.

The key is to get them down to 50%, which will slow them considerably. On 10 man they only have like 160k health, so you need to do burst of 80k to get them slow. Ret paladins can do that AoE stun and damage/lock two of them pretty easily by themselves. Warrior tanks can charge, shockwave, intercept one and do enough damage during the stuns. Boomkins are good to station near the hammer to do a last minute knockback for any that get through, and to finish up any slow-movers as they get closer to the hammer. Good druids can open with a bear bash to stun also.

It can be a little complicated because of the three possible hammer positions, and the fact that you kind of treat close-spawning Sons differently than far away ones. I would put classes with good burst or good stuns on the close to hammer locations, burst to 50% and then leave them to take down a fast mover. Just remember that it does you no good to get a Son down to 20% or 10% health if you have an 80% one bee-lining it to the hammer. Get them to 50% then switch off, you have a good amount of time to clean up slow moving ones.

And everyone should have Enemy Nameplates up....