Problem With Screen Resolution

I've been having problems with my screen resolution lately. When it should be in widescreen, it is stuck in standard resolution. I have tried selecting the option in-game for widescreen and it doesn't apply it. The screen on my laptop is all in widescreen but WoW. The control panel option is set on the same widescreen resolution I'm trying to apply in game, and it still doesn't work. I've tried restarting my computer in safe mode, deleting my interface, wtf, and cache folders and restarting WoW, etc. and nothing seems to work. I contacted Blizzard and they don't really seem to want to help me out with the issue.

I'm thinking the issue is one of two things: it's either 4.2 that caused it (because it just started happening the first day 4.2 came out) or I also hooked up my laptop to a projector that same day, which causes the entire screen resolution to change, but after you disconnect the projector all of the resolution settings go back to normal.

FYI: I'm using a Dell Studio 17 w/ a 17" Touchscreen with an ATI Mobility 4650 GPU. I'm also runnings on Windows 7.

If anyone has any solutions to this problem, that would be great. Thanks!

Deleted
    Just a thought, try uninstalling your graphics card and reinstall it. Not for the update, but when you uninstall it, it goes back to its lowest setting, when you reinstall it might jog it back to how it was before.

If that doesn't help then atleast you know its a WoW problem and not a driver problem.