Deleted

Noob Protection Paladin Rotation Question

Ohai guise,

Please bear with me on this one and avoid flaming, because I'm sure it's a pretty basic question but here goes. My main spec is Ret but I've started tanking recently mainly for shorter queues in LFD. I got called into tanking duty for my new guild though the other day - my first raid as a tank (I've tanked like 10 HCs top prior to this, but it was call me in or they didn't raid) - for the Nefarion fight in BWD (my tank gear is ok - iLvl 355, CTC 84.16%). I was tanking Nef in Phase 1 then kiting the adds in Phase 3. Now I know the single-target rotation for tank (939 of Judge, AS/HW, ShotR with CS on the 3) but what I'm wondering is how do I avoid hitting the adds? I was having problems because the AS would bounce onto the adds that our warrior was trying to round up in Phase 1 and so I was pulling them by accident. I'm glyphed for AS but as that still bounces but just onto fewer targets and indeed harder I presume it produces more threat. What was I doing wrong?

For those who wonder we didn't get him down sadly, just to about 40% in Phase 3. We wiped 16 times. After the 14th time I realised it might be a good idea to put Righteous Fury on. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i do on Nef in p1 is that i don't use AS in my rotation until i know the add tank has them all and is away from nef, after that i use my normal rotation.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    What i do on Nef in p1 is that i don't use AS in my rotation until i know the add tank has them all and is away from nef, after that i use my normal rotation.
    But what do you use in it's place, as HW will be on cooldown once you've used Judgement again? And do I not want to be worried about splash from HW (I'm assuming if I put a range warning of 10 yards up I should be ok, but before I have pulled Nef to the back of the room it could be a problem). Sorry if this is just a specific fight issue, I was thinking it would probably be a common mechanic in Prot tanking and something I should learn to account for. Thanks for your input, it's very much appreciated.

Glyphing for AS shouldn't make this a problem, it would only hit one target. Is the warrior putting vigilance on you so that he can rapid taunt the adds if you pulled aggro off of him? Sounds like it's the warrior's issue, not yours. Continue with your normal rotation.

Deleted
    try to time them , aggro is a bit trival in p1 as most dps are still on onyxia. its not wrong to wait a gcd. so what happens is : cs> nothing > cs. off course this isnt optimal but risking adds getting reset is worse. glyphing isnt the best idea either, if you are on kite duty in p3 you want your AS to hit 3 targets. if adds reset at different times you ve got your taunts and as to save you, it can get you 7 adds at once otherwise that might only be 5 and those two could wipe you