Now that's a swift kick in the nuts.
    lol ICWHATUDIDTHERE :P
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

Good! You should have seen Stormwind with all his little drooling fan boys crawling all over the place spamming the hell out of /1, /2, /s, and /y. I'm not even remotely surprised that he got nailed for it, he practically begged for people to act the way they did. I just sat in the city reporting spam for a solid 30 minutes before I could actually read any real conversation or trade in general channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME CLIENT MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
    I would think that he didn't attempt to bring the servers down (attempt implies intention which I doubt was there). But the "for no reason" paragraph makes blizzard invulnerable in any decision they make.
    "Sir, we are surrounded, Sir"
    "Excellent, we can attack in every direction"

Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    No THIS IS DARKSPEAR!
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

Quote Originally Posted by Rastafar View Post
    i never know who this swifty guy is untill this night but think realistic if they dont unbann him they make alot more angry players when servers wont work so yes, they will unbamm him and i bet it going to happen soon
    but the wow community will still find things to be angry about anyway,if he deserves to get banned.then ban him,if what he did doesnt deserve him to get banned then dont ban him

ive known for a long time now because of things like 1 year of endless ICC and a summer of a content patch with barely any content in it besides lol7bosses that these are some of the reasons why the community is so bitter all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Congratulations. You just admitted that you and an entire guild is changing servers with the sole intent to assist in disrupting that server, thus possibly resulting in more bans (yours). How does that make you feel?
    I can assure you, my care face is on.

Why are they deleting all the topics about this on the official forums?

thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    He could had stop the stream...
    And you think that would have made a difference?"Yea, mass genocides never happened cuz I turned off my tv during the report"

Who ???

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post

Its almost like it's a private forum with a set of rules people agreed to follow!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    No one will probably read this as this thread is beeing spammed. Probably will get flamed for saying this, but as a fan of Swifty he could see this coming.

Swifty got banned, perma-banned from the game. Which is, in my own opinion, not even a greater punishment then Ensidia abusing Saronite Bombs in LK HC 25. They got a 72 hour ban, Swifty should get atleast the same. Swifty DID got an infraction before, where he used the haste-axe from Shadow Labs to own the last boss in Arcatraz within seconds.

I got suspended several times, if I do it a few times more I lost my account. It's that simple. People, how famous they are ( Amy Whinehouse, Simpson ) cannot stand above the law. If that was the case every celebrety could murder and go free.
    i kinda agree with what you're saying, i think he should have been banned, but not perma-banned. just a 48/72hour ban, perma-ban for this seems a little over the top.
    Too cool for a signature

Private forums, their home, their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    This, why should you judge someone based on how they react. Like i sometimes laugh to ease up the mood of a room.
    How you follow threw when there is a problem is what matters. He chose to be cool and not bail, or kill it. Even people speaking to a highly volitile grp know there is a point where you have to change how things are being said or you will get a fevor you can't control. The situation was avoidable, he chose to save face. Woops on him
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

So to say; looking at the aftermath of Swifty's ban has caused more problems than the event itself. After reading through some posts, it looks like Darkspear isn't enjoyable at all at the moment. Would be best to un-ban Swifty to make this all stop - He didn't do anything wrong after all..

Prolly because one (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2886976?page=1) is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by arcin View Post
    What about the people who were trying to do something while the server crashed? Were they laughing? Did they think it was funny to have their service interrupted while they were trying to do whatever they were doing?

Swifty did not stop the stream/mute zybak or make any attempt at all to tell his viewers to not crash the server.
    Okay let us pretend we are watching this live stream, and we are one of those lvl 1....

*Watching live steam and it all of a sudden goes away*

So at that point ALL of those lvl 1's start spamming "What happened???" "Get it back" etc etc...

It then will cause a server crash resulting in? The same exact thing

And stopping Zybak from egging them on? Zybak has a thing called free will and can do whatever he wants.

The other people on the server? Yeah I feel bad for them as well.

There is no good or bad in this, everyone was effected on the server.

And he didn't host the event, the guild did
    I have a policy about honesty and ass kicking, if you ask for it, i will give it to you

Quote Originally Posted by Julailton View Post
    Here are the facts from a livestream viewer:

On the livestream, swifty was super excited and encouraging people to crash the servers with Zybak. He simply edited the youtube video about his account being banned. If you see, the part where he said "We dont want to crash the servers" he was wearing a different color T-Shirt, despite the fact that he was wearing the same shirt throughout the whole livestream event.

It was a fake "livestream" video posted on youtube to get the very same reaction that we are seeing now.

Also, He crashed three servers. Crashed one, they moved servers. Crashed another, moved servers. Crashed another, moved servers. GM Banned him when they logged on the 4th.

I'm not a hater. But he deserved it. They can't unban him simply because he is popular, or what message does that send to other youtube heroes?
    I may be a little naive believing these facts, but I might as well.

That little cover-up is enough for me to have him go from "neutral" to "lul-worthy" in my books. :\

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    thing is, he knows he has a lot of followers and if he tells them to all log onto a certain server they are going to do it. he should have stopped the stream and left when people starting turning up in masses and spamming. instead he kept the stream running and stayed logged in there, i guess. i didnt watch the stream, but this is what it sounds like.
    I definitely agree with this.
    Last edited by lopk; 2011-07-18 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    And you think that would have made a difference?"Yea, mass genocides never happened cuz I turned off my tv during the report"
    Because he was the one that was leading the "genocide"?

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    no, but if he turned off the stream, logged out of the game, he would have nothing to do with it, just write in his chat log "this is too laggy blah blah blah w/e here" then logged out and stopped hs stream
    Too cool for a signature