Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Guns / Cars what's the difference?
    Im obsesed with neither, but you know.
    Cars can be seen as pretty or a status symbole. Also, using them is fun, using a gun, isnt seen as fun by everyone. Yes cars can kill people, but guns are made for it, nothing else.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

I'll go with what I own

Rock River Arms AR-15 and a Sig Sauer P239. I'd really like to do a G36 conversion at some point in the future when I have a couple grand of disposable income.

And to the person that said I shouldn't have a gun for self defense if they aren't attacking me with a gun...if someone is entering my house while I'm a sleep with the intention of stealing my stuff and/or hurting my family, I have no intention of fighting "fair". Doesn't matter if I left the door unlocked and they are coming at me with a teaspoon because they know what's right and wrong and I'm certainly not going to die for it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dabs View Post
    I never really understood peoples obsession with guns.... u need to get help dude
    I agree and add something: Guns like that are not "to survive" or kill animals to have food. They are just for sports or in the worst thing to kill someone.

As I have the right to dislike sports for whatever reason (Formula 1 e.g. bores the hell outta me) we might say that guns are usually abused all over the world, tragedies happen because the owners take not enough care/responsibility to keep em locked up etc.... There are MANY reasons to call someone that loves guns a freak.

Nerds over and over were the victims of similar connections (shooters & massacres), even though there seems to be no connection. REAL GUNS and having a skill AND the "want" of using it scares me way more than a nerd in front of his computer.

Is that so hard to understand?????? I just don't like guns and we should have way less in this f-ing world of em.... They should ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED for private use or sports.

Deleted
    Please stop trying to derail this thread, this is for people that enjoy firearms. Anyone trying to derail will be reported for trolling.

My saiga (ak) 7.62x39 since the picture I have done a trigger mod changed the stock, and tossed on a BP02/w reddot.

a pic of a colt 1911 (.45) not mine but may as well be a pic of mine.

/proud resident of WI, now the 49th state with conceal carry permits. =D
    Last edited by discombobulate; 2011-07-18 at 09:43 PM.

I love the S&W 500 (AKA: The Hand Cannon)

I also really love the .38 special snub nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    They both kill people but just like guns, it's not the object itself, but the person behind it.

Back on topic.. Only fired 2 rifles and hard to pick between the two... Minimi would be my favourite gun ever fired. Pistol Sig P226..

(Bold part)
    Not exactly true a car can kill with no one behind it. I.E your working under, breaks fail and it rolls over you thus killing you. A gun needs someone to point and pull the trigger.

And my favorite firearm that I own.

EDIT (Forgot my back up piece)
    Beretta Bobcat .22 Nice little gun for ankle or lower back holster.
    Last edited by FearXI; 2011-07-18 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    Is that so hard to understand?????? I just don't like guns and we should have way less in this f-ing world of em.... They should ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED for private use or sports.
    What do you like?

If you made a thread about it, would you like us to come in there and try to derail it by slamming it?

No, you wouldn't. So isn't it hypocritical of you to stand here and try to do the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    My fave rifle is the SA80, but only because I used it in 2 tours of combat. The A1 was shit, but the latest version is easy to clean, easy to upgrade/mod and is considered to be the most accurate assault rifle in the world.
    the UGL attachment, Picatinny front-hand guard and ACOG have made it a better weapon but the fact remains, it's out-dated and nowhere near as good as some of the market rivals. Yeah, sure, it's accurate, but heavy, cumbersome, you still have to forward-assist it since the locking-splines on the chamber get clogged almost instantly. I wouldn't agree with you that it's easy to clean either. As for my final criticism (and this isn't reserved to the A2) Don't even get me started on the 7.62 x 5.56mm debate haha.

The down-grips we were issued proved to be a bit of a red herring, some preferred them, but most found them to be more of a hindrance to firing quickly and effectively in most situations i.e. using "murder holes", at anything over 100m and going prone on the notoriously saggy compund roofs.

people, guns are not toys...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dabs View Post
    people, guns are not toys...
    Kids play with toys. Stop derailing this thread, you've already made your opinions on guns clear, and you're not going to change anyone's opinion by repeating your ramblings..

10+ Year Old Account
    Side note that kinda relates to firearms.
    I sold my DPMS AR-15 (So sad by the fact but needed the money /cry) but now I'm stuck with 120 rounds of ammo.
    And would you believe it's nearly impossible to get rid of it?
    I'm here in PA the store (Cabela's) won't let you return it (I can understand for safety) I even went so far as taking a loss and giving the to the State Police (Known to accept ammo to get rid of) they didn't know what to do with it they said they couldn't take it. So I'm sitting here with this ammo rotting in my gun safe...

ok seriously, if you dont like guns, gtfo the thread. obviously the thread isnt for you, so dont click, and dont respond. yes guns are dangerous, and some people insist they are only for killing poor innocent people only and when people do they lol at it. fine thats what you think, but know that not everyone is a psychopathic murderer that owns a gun. some people simply like shooting for sport, not to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pistol: Glock 23
    Rifle: Haven't shot a wide enough variety to pick
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Deleted
    the UGL attachment, Picatinny front-hand guard and ACOG have made it a better weapon but the fact remains, it's out-dated and nowhere near as good as some of the market rivals. Yeah, sure, it's accurate, but heavy, cumbersome, you still have to forward-assist it since the locking-splines on the chamber get clogged almost instantly. I wouldn't agree with you that it's easy to clean either. As for my final criticism (and this isn't reserved to the A2) Don't even get me started on the 7.62 x 5.56mm debate haha.

The down-grips we were issued proved to be a bit of a red herring, some preferred them, but most found them to be more of a hindrance to firing quickly and effectively in most situations i.e. using "murder holes", at anything over 100m and going prone on the notoriously saggy compund roofs.
    Our troops love the SA80 now, at least they did when i was in Afghanistan last year. I will agree it has problems though, the forward assist tapping being a major gripe of mine. Also, it is far from heavy, being only a few hundreds grams heavier than the G36 and M16. Cumbersome? No, it is a bullpup, easy to wield and sling.

I find it easy to clean, you can take it apart without special tools in less than a minute if you are not in a rush.

7.62 vs 5.56 is not a debate at all, 7.62 all the way Despite everyone at work telling them we prefer the 7.62, the MOD still insist on using 5.56. I think this is so they can pinch ammunition from the yanks
    Last edited by mmoc11d1e9aab8; 2011-07-18 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    Side note that kinda relates to firearms.
    I sold my DPMS AR-15 (So sad by the fact but needed the money /cry) but now I'm stuck with 120 rounds of ammo.
    And would you believe it's nearly impossible to get rid of it?
    I'm here in PA the store (Cabela's) won't let you return it (I can understand for safety) I even went so far as taking a loss and giving the to the State Police (Known to accept ammo to get rid of) they didn't know what to do with it they said they couldn't take it. So I'm sitting here with this ammo rotting in my gun safe...
    Check out some of the enthusiast sites and forums. I'm not an AR guy (yet, I probably will get into them after some other things on my list) but I know the AK community has alot of forums, where members are buying and selling everything from grips, bolts, kits, complete guns, and of course ammo.

Not sure on this one's policy's regarding the such. but meh prob a decent place to start.
    http://www.ar15.com/

these guys have an "other gun" section, but are a closer community. http://forum.saiga-12.com/

odds are someone near you would take it off your hands discounted. Local gun shop /smith might as well.

Eightace, how does the la80 feel, it looks like a block from an erectorset.

Also i absolutelly Hate the ar15/M4/M16 weapons, Used them When i was in the army and they are horrible and outdated, The US Military is due for a upgrade IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Eightace, how does the la80 feel, it looks like a block from an erectorset.

Also i absolutelly Hate the ar15/M4/M16 weapons, Used them When i was in the army and they are horrible and outdated, The US Military is due for a upgrade IMO.
    How does the SA80 feel? Horrible until you bring it to your shoulder, then it is snug as a bug. I hated carrying it, it always felt uncomfortable, but theres something about it that makes it a joy to hold in the firing position. Maybe it is because it is a bullpup, a shorter weapon.

Deleted
    Our troops love the SA80 now, at least they did when i was in Afghanistan last year. I will agree it has problems though, the forward assist tapping being a major gripe of mine. Also, it is far from heavy, being only a few hundreds grams heavier the G36 and M16. Cumbersome? No, it is a bullpup, easy to wield and sling.
    I think many lads say the love the SA80 because they have no experience of anything else. You're given a weapon, it goes bang and lads think it's the dog's bollocks.. The M16 wasn't far off in weight, but the M4 is a massive difference. My inherent dislike with bullpup designs is their lack of ambidextrous capability. I can see the trade-off, bullpup puts the working-parts between the shoulder and trigger mechanism meaning the overall length is reduced, but the M4 Carbine manages this with just simply a shorter barrel. It's effective range might not be 300m>+ but hey, I've never experienced a >300m contact that wasn't resolved using an LRR, 51mm, 81mm, the new Sharpshooter Rifle, GPMG and minimi for that.[/quote]

I find it easy to clean, you can take it apart without special tools in less than a minute if you are not in a rush.
    Most modern assault rifles don't. A fully Parkerised set of gas parts is easy(ish) to clean, the chamber is a nightmare (we both agree on the locking splines issue) and the TMH is just a bitch to clean.

7.62 vs 5.56 is not a debate at all, 7.62 all the way Despite everyone at work telling them we prefer the 7.62, the MOD still insist on using 5.56. I think this is so they can pinch ammunition from the yanks
    I agree with you on the 7.62mm debate all the way. It's often why I have to listen to the old and bold work themselves up into a froth at both ends over the re-introduction of the SLR!

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 11:25 PM ----------

How does the SA80 feel? Horrible until you bring it to your shoulder, then it is snug as a bug. I hated carrying it, it always felt uncomfortable, but theres something about it that makes it a joy to hold in the firing position. Maybe it is because it is a bullpup, a shorter weapon.
    I will concede, that compared to the M16/M4 variants, the SA80 does feel balanced.. It's CoG rests roughly directly above the pistol grip and therefore makes for a very stable and natural firing position.
    Last edited by mmoc36f8af66e9; 2011-07-18 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Being an idiot

Deleted
    SNIP
    You seem to know your stuff, It is good that you know your own mind. My preference to the SA80 is not just because i used it, i test firearms 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. At the moment no other weapon comes close except for the Steyr AUG when it comes to overall performance.

If i could equip our lads with any weapon in the world, it would be the SCAR-H when they iron out the bugs. At the moment though these bugs will get many people killed, maybe in 5-10 years....