DBM vs DXE/BigWigs/etc

How are DXE and BigWigs (and any other bossmods) with Firelands so far? I've used DBM for as long as I can remember but I'm looking for a change.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    How are DXE and BigWigs (and any other bossmods) with Firelands so far? I've used DBM for as long as I can remember but I'm looking for a change.
    Used BW all through 4.0-4.1 and it was great. Much better than DBm for most warning (blast targetting on V&T comes to mind..).

I have gone back to DXE since 4.2 however as its my favourite mod by far.

Each addon has its strengths. They all pretty much show the same things--some have different things turned on as default. I'd say that the best addon is the one that you respond to quickest/best. I love DXE because of the auditory queues. I don't have to look at a bar or read a warning to know what bad stuff's coming. I know that a certain sound means a certain ability, end of story.

I'm not sure about the others but I love BW just because it gets updated almost everyday.

I know many who love DXE but..I am too used to DBM to use anything else.

Power Auras for important buffs and debuffs is important too.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

People generally have problems switching Boss mods mid - tier because it's something different than you're used to.

Switching at the start of a tier makes it quite a bit easier as you learn the fights with the timers that the mod has, the notifications etc, rather than switching it up.

Whatever one you start a tier with is the one you'll like the most.

I've always used Big Wigs ever since Vanilla. It's also been the standard in every guild I've been to. Simple and easy to fix timers on the fly for it for new fights.

DXE has some very nice RDX'ish features. I tried it quickly back in ICC and it seemed quite OK.

I installed DXE, configured it a bit (as much as you can configure a boss-mod in Orgrimmar) and tanked the new BH boss on my Paladin. Timers all seemed to work and it's visually appealing so I'll give it a shot for raid tomorrow.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t