Poll: What do you think about PvP Speed and Numbers?

10+ Year Old Account

General Damage and Healing Situation

Hi there,
    just wondering if I am the only one that feels like wrath all over again. Note before flaming: I am talking about numbers on full resilience players.
    27k obliterates, 30k frostbolts, 35k ferocious bites...yeah I know that they/myself used trinkets and/or cds for that, still, you die in literally 5 seconds when you get trained.
    healing also seems out of control (well, it has to be, considering you just have to be able to heal against this damage). A paladin being able to top a wl that was at 20%, about 100k heal in a timeframe of about 2 or 3 seconds? Yeah, he had wings and guardian, so what?

The game is just not made for those numbers. CCs last for 8 seconds this is enough to kill 2 people in 3s if no one has other cds ready. plus, you can recast the CC.
    this is not a rant about specific classes, spells or whatever. It´s just the problem that cata was supposed to fix, the extreme numbers and HP pool rollercoaster. From what I´ve heard, heroic raids are also wrath style all over again, healers have enough regen but tanks eat up to 100k hits.

So the question here (tl/dr) is: do you think cata really slowed down pvp like bliz promised, and do you like it? And what do you think future seasons in this expansion will bring? In my oppinion, it will get even more spiky with every new set.

It's kind of a weird to say, but the game actually has been slowed down quite a bit. Sure, you can still be killed in 3 seconds if the burst is lined up properly, but the burst in WotLK was just insane. You could literally be globalled. That just doesn't happen anymore. I believe raids are pretty much the same case. I don't think they completely failed on their design, but they may have undershot their goal regarding extent. Maybe next expansion they'll slow it down a little bit more if they aren't entirely happy now.

As far as the quality of future seasons this expansion go, I've been wondering the same thing. Like you, I've been suspecting it will get spikier each season. If you think about it though, even in a perfectly balanced WoW, that's how it would have to be. If a new season's damage increase didn't trump the resilience gain, healers would become disproportionately more powerful each season. As always, I have a hard time believing Blizzard knows exactly what they're doing with balance, but we can hope. I'm expecting they'll stick with their "close enough" attitude and watch imbalance play out.