10+ Year Old Account

Alysrazor - How Long Should it Take?

My guild is currently working on Alysrazor 10 and we are doing about 25% per cycle.
    My question is how much damage does your guild on each cycle?
    How much damage (%) is your flying dps contributing?
    How many flying dps are you running in 10m?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

2 flying dps, with 1 or 2 being fire mage (helps a lot, they can do ~40k dps if they don't fail with their stacks)

we usually kill it between 2nd p3 and 3rd p1

wol of last kill :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=6682&e=7192

Deleted
    If you run 2 flying DPS you can do it in 1 or 2 cycles. If you run one flying DPS you should aim to do it in 3 cycles. If you can't do it in 3 cycles then your flyign DPS isn't contributing enough, make sure you're sending a class that benefits the most from those buffs (fire mage, spriest etc.) and that they are getting 25 stacks of the buff whole flying and refreshing it when they come down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    refreshing it when they come down.
    What do you mean by that?

Deleted
    During the tornado phase there are still some circles left iirc, so if they go in them they still keep their buff for a while during the burn phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    2 flying dps, with 1 or 2 being fire mage (helps a lot, they can do ~40k dps if they don't fail with their stacks)

we usually kill it between 2nd p3 and 3rd p1

wol of last kill :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=6682&e=7192
    Thanks for the link
    I would assume in that run you only had 1 flier and it was Crazyzouzoub?

we are still working the kinks out but when we do it we only send one person in the air. By the third time Alysrazor goes back up he is at about 10% and dies well before the cyclone transition phase. oh, the dps we send up is a shadow priest since the haste greatly helps his dots and we don't have a lock in the group

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhuman View Post
    During the tornado phase there are still some circles left iirc, so if they go in them they still keep their buff for a while during the burn phase.
    Thanks for confirming what I assumed

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Thanks for the link
    I would assume in that run you only had 1 flier and it was Crazyzouzoub?
    nope, had both mage flying, but Teleria died to tornadoes first p2 and therfore couldn't dps the boss in p3 with +50% damage taken (from boss for being in p3) +200% haste (25stacks*8%) and +75% crit (bonus for having 25 stack), hence the dps difference between both mages

Deleted
    It should die in 2 cycles even with 1 dps going up.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/v8q4o...?s=1029&e=1564

Shadow priest is the only one going up with us.

Deleted
    I'm personally taking off ~15% per flying phase, and we generally got the boss to about 50%-40% after the first burn phase. And then kill it on the second burn phase, or kill it shortly after the second burn phase.

We had Affi lock and SPriest in the air and at the end of P4 we had the boss at 48%

On our first kill we got her down in 2 rounds with 2 people dead in the last burn phase. Our second kill took 3 rounds for some reason. So 2 rounds lesser geared is highly possible. We had 2 fliers.

1. First Cycle (With heroism) We do about 50-55% dmg, 2nd Cycle he dies very shortly after taking off, Last week he died seconds after taking off.
    2. Around 20%
    3. One Fire Mage

1 Fire Mage in the air.

Kill it in 2 cycles.

Key points are:

Make sure DPS are getting rings during tornadoes
    Make sure healers are DPSing as well (I do over a million damage, times 3 healers it adds up)
    Make sure the 2 adds don't get a single second of channeling time

Also just for fun, I think if you ran 2 healers (easily possible), used a shadow priest and 1 arcane mage for the flying and had 5 arcane mages (since you get 100% mana the entire time during the burn phase, and arcane mages benefit a shit tonne from being at 100% mana) you could kill it in 1 cycle =P
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2011-07-19 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    We usually take him down to 55% or so after the first burn phase. So 2 burn phases, then he dies quickly after during the 3rd air phase.

Using 1 dps as flyer, arcane mage.
    Last edited by mmocbf46be2757; 2011-07-19 at 02:58 PM.

On my guilds first attempt we killed it in 3 cycles I went up as a fire mage and derped on my debuff once or we would of had it on 2 cycles. Even derping on my stacks by the time we got to the 3rd cycle she was at 5% HP so it was really like 2.25 cycles lol.

Deleted
    Having 4 people go up in 25man will yield a kill in less than 9 minutes if done right.