1. #1
    The Patient Haunted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England <3
    Posts
    345

    Preferred weapons for sub in PvP?

    Last night, spent a great deal of time reading through AJ's largest rogue PvP guide, i got a lot of useful info from it except what to use weapons wise, i know i've seen sub rogues use 2 daggers, and some that use a fist weapon/dagger.

    From personal experience and/or hard facts which would you say is a more viable option daggers or dagger+fist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    "Dear Diary,
    Today, Sylvanas was a total B when I told her to do what I said. Totally uncool. I wish dad was here, but he had to go off and be a horrible disgrace. I know Thrall told me he was a hero, but Thrall's a total human-lover. Gag me with a spoon. That guy is laaaaaame. Anyway, Diary, I have to go. My jaw tattoo needs a touchup. OMG I know, my tats are totes adorbs. Lates! XXXO - Garrosh"

  2. #2
    I've always been with double daggers and it works amazingly imo . I don't think that fist weapons are such a good idea for some reason

  3. #3
    The Patient Haunted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England <3
    Posts
    345
    Well yeah that's what i'm using at the moment, but do you know if backstab/hemo/evis damage gets upped if you have a fist weapon on, due to the higher max damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    "Dear Diary,
    Today, Sylvanas was a total B when I told her to do what I said. Totally uncool. I wish dad was here, but he had to go off and be a horrible disgrace. I know Thrall told me he was a hero, but Thrall's a total human-lover. Gag me with a spoon. That guy is laaaaaame. Anyway, Diary, I have to go. My jaw tattoo needs a touchup. OMG I know, my tats are totes adorbs. Lates! XXXO - Garrosh"

  4. #4
    I have no idea tbh Never tried it since im already satisfied with what I have right now :P

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    ... if backstab/hemo/evis damage gets upped if you have a fist weapon on
    Think about that one.

    Daggers work better because they let you backstab, which is a good energy dump for max pressure when target uptime is minimal.

  6. #6
    The Patient Haunted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England <3
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    Think about that one.

    Daggers work better because they let you backstab, which is a good energy dump for max pressure when target uptime is minimal.
    Only added backstab in as the fist weapon is used on offhand lol, i know you need a dagger 100% and as evis damage is upped by both weapons i was just wondering is most other skills were too
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    "Dear Diary,
    Today, Sylvanas was a total B when I told her to do what I said. Totally uncool. I wish dad was here, but he had to go off and be a horrible disgrace. I know Thrall told me he was a hero, but Thrall's a total human-lover. Gag me with a spoon. That guy is laaaaaame. Anyway, Diary, I have to go. My jaw tattoo needs a touchup. OMG I know, my tats are totes adorbs. Lates! XXXO - Garrosh"

  7. #7
    uuuhm, depends on your build. The Hemo buff makes it viable to use hemo, build CP for eviscerates, and remove backstab from your bar. For hemo build probably a slower weapon, like a sword or claw wep, for backstab, daggers obviously.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalydyn View Post
    uuuhm, depends on your build. The Hemo buff makes it viable to use hemo, build CP for eviscerates, and remove backstab from your bar. For hemo build probably a slower weapon, like a sword or claw wep, for backstab, daggers obviously.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2795074004

    Still want daggers for Hemo.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Plunderin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ner'Zhul
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    Well yeah that's what i'm using at the moment, but do you know if backstab/hemo/evis damage gets upped if you have a fist weapon on, due to the higher max damage?
    #1 cant back stab with a fist in MH
    #2 hemo dmg is about the same with a slow MH (fist, mace, sword, axe)
    #3 wep dmg/speed will never change your evisc dmg, only attack power for all 3 specs and also mastery if you are sub

    on a personal note, i enjoy playing hemo sub with a slow MH and i have had some pretty decent success with it, 2115 rating so far this season
    Last edited by Plunderin; 2011-07-19 at 04:36 PM.

  10. #10
    sword/dagger combo is wat i use, i dont have the latency to be as precise to use backstab even though it does more damage, my isp throttles during peak hour so its bad for me
    on a plus side, u can choose more defensive talents to increase ur survivability

  11. #11
    The Patient Thaendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    296
    Traditionally rogues have used daggers so they can backstab as their main damage ability outside of shadowdance, however, some of the high rated rogues have been entertaining the idea of using non-dagger mainhands and just spamming Hemo instead. This probably came about when most of them felt that the purpose of Cata rogues in arenas were less about heavy DPS most of the time (the exception being when you're in shadowdance - that's good burst) and more about controlling the other team and setting up kills.
    I personally use daggers, but I just love backstab mechanics. I'm not high rated or anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •