Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dual chanell will be firster be but once one goe out, say hoo bye both to all/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Dual chanell will be firster be but once one goe out, say hoo bye both to all/
    not true, you can have one stick fail, and the other still work, it's fairly common

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Hey, when you're choosing RAM memory is there any diffrence if you use 2x2GB or 4x1GB? Would there be any performance improvements etc?

And is 8GBs of RAM overkill? Will 4 do or should I get 8?
    8 gigs in dual is a good ammount not too much or too little and they often come in 4 8 16 packs.

If your motherboard and cpu use tripple channel 6 gigs is ok, as it goes 6 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people bringing up dual channel? It doesn't matter if it's 2 or 4 sticks, they'll still run in dual channel anyways.

Having said that though, my experience is to always go with as few sticks as possible because motherboards sometimes dont like running 4 or more sticks, especially if the sticks require high voltage. All too often have I seen that lead to system instability

2x2 GiB is better than 4x1GiB, because it's much easier to get only two lanes stable. It also allows you future upgrades.
    In the same venue, 2x4GiB is better than 4x2GiB. Else, you're stuck when/if you want to add more, with all your DIMMs occupied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    2x4 > 4x2, because of dual channel
    Yet both are Dual Channel. One is just two dual channels, so dual dual channel if you will.