ASRock Z68 PRO3
    GeForce GTX 570 HD
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
    Zephyr MX 750 750W
    CORSAIR CAFA70 120mm
    Xigmatek ASGARD II
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

How does it stack up, it comes to a total of around $1100 without shipping and handling prices, and I really don't want to spend more than that.

Suggestions are welcome but keep that price limit please.

Also, a forgotten note. Most of this was suggested by Demon, so thanks! I couldn't bump the original thread for opinions so I made this new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intensionality View Post
    If you wanna OC the cpu you need p67 (revision3) mobo
    Z68 is the same as p67 with added functionality.

The PSU is a little overkill and I've never even heard of that company.. I'm not sure if the A70 is better than the Hyper 212+ for the same price.. Other than that, a good build
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

I chose the power supply in the event of upgrades in the future, I have the mentality of having something I don't necessarily need rather than not having it when I do actually need it. But that's great, glad I did a good job. /cheer

Quote Originally Posted by intensionality View Post
    If you wanna OC the cpu you need p67 (revision3) mobo
    Please, don't post any suggestions here anymore. Z68 has all the OC capabilities of P67, and MORE.

Mod Edit: No need to be rude.

I'm also wondering about the PSU brand, never heard of that. I'd rather go with Antec / Corsair if I was in your shoes. Seasonic is even better, but probably a bit too much considering the budget.

A70 is way more powerful than 212+, at least with 2 fans.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-07-19 at 01:54 PM.

Keep the z68 board. If you upgrade to a ssd (small one 60gb max) you can use the caching whihc is a epic feature )

PSU size oke for upgrades. Idk about the brand. If you search tom's hardware there should be a list what is what. (Seasonic makes psu for corsair )

Only get something better then a hyper 212+ if you oc behind 4,5ghz. Else the hyper should be a good friend. /slap if you get a h** serie.

GPU: Well i would get something with a dual fan because the 570 is a high end card and tends to run hot.

Case: Well for that price awesome case (Not like some antec ones who still look crap even though they are 80$ expensiver). I would invest into a bigger/more cable management case but thats prefference.
    Last edited by Aminozuur; 2011-07-19 at 05:22 AM.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    Keep the z68 board. If you upgrade to a ssd (small one 60gb max) you can use the caching whihc is a epic feature )

PSU size oke for upgrades. Idk about the brand. If you search tom's hardware there should be a list what is what. (Seasonic makes psu for corsair )

Only get something better then a hyper 212+ if you oc behind 4,5ghz. Else the hyper should be a good friend. /slap if you get a h** serie.

GPU: Well i would get something with a dual fan because the 570 is a high end card and tends to run hot.

Case: Well for that price awesome case (Not like some antec ones who still look crap even though they are 80$ expensiver). I would invest into a bigger/more cable management case but thats prefference.
    Seasonic makes most Corsairs, not all. There are other reasons to get better over 212+ than just going for higher OC, 212+ is stupidly loud compared to better coolers under full load and high rpm. And it's always better to keep your components cooler anyway. Tom's hardware is not exactly the best choice for info.
    I prefer http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Dual fan doesn't always mean it's better than a single fan. And there's no need to get dual fan just because the card could get hot, it's surely been thoroughly tested in the factory before shipping it off so the single fan can deal with the heat. EVGA also has incredible warranty compared to other brands.

I agree on the case though, I'd also go for something bigger and with better cable management. But each to it's own.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be more specific... Seasonic makes 12 of Corsairs Power Supplies. 1 is made by Flextronics and 19 are made by Channel Well Tech.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    To be more specific... Seasonic makes 12 of Corsairs Power Supplies. 1 is made by Flextronics and 19 are made by Channel Well Tech.
    Whooaa, it's only 12 out of 32? I stand corrected then, Seasonic does only make a part of them, not all, or even the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Whooaa, it's only 12 out of 32? I stand corrected then, Seasonic does only make a part of them, not all, or even the most.
    Here's a full list haha

Code:
    CX400 - SeaSonic S12II
    CX430 - CWT DSAII (Note: unit is overrated, actually 380W)
    CX500 - CWT DSAII 
    CX600 - CWT DSAII 
    CX430v2 - CWT DSAII
    CX500v2 - CWT DSAII
    CX600v2 - CWT DSAII
    GS600 - CWT PSHII
    GS700 - CWT PSHII
    GS800 - CWT PSHII
    VX450 - SeaSonic S12II
    VX550 - CWT PSH 
    TX650 - SeaSonic S12
    TX750 - CWT PSH
    TX850 - CWT PSH
    TX950 - CWT DSG
    TX650-C - CWT PSHII
    TX750-C - CWT PSHII
    TX850-C - CWT PSHII
    TXv2 650W - SeaSonic
    TXv2 750W - SeaSonic
    TXv2 850W - SeaSonic
    HX450 - SeaSonic S12II
    HX520 - SeaSonic S12
    HX620 - SeaSonic S12
    HX1000 - CWT PUC
    HX650 - SeaSonic S12E
    HX750 - CWT DSG
    HX850 - CWT DSG
    AX750 - SeaSonic X (v2)
    AX850 - SeaSonic X (v2) 
    AX1200 - Flextronics, custom
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    Great little system you have built there.

Just goes to show how affordable decent gaming PC's are becoming, you will be very satisfied with the results.

And stay with the Z68 motherboard, it's a much better choice for new systems.

*EDIT* Oh, and be sure to get the 64-bit version of Windows 7.
    Last edited by warhead0; 2011-07-19 at 06:40 AM.

After looking at everyone's suggestions I looked at a couple things, and also found a different set of RAM I wanted to get feedback on.

RAIDMAX Quantum
    G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB
    CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 01:48 PM ----------

Anyone there?